Paul O'grady's Autobiography

Guest Malc Burton

i was in our local Tesco superstore this morning , and was browing through the book section . looking for possible good reads ......

I saw the POG autobiography , and thought " I wonder if it mentions WC ? " , and of course , it does ........

There are three pages detailing his visiting of the said dance emporium , with the main highlight being .......

His taking of two Pro Plus and listening to Marie Knight's " That's No Way to Treat A Girl "

( * Note - before anyone picks me up , I am NOT having a dig at POG : I was curious if WC would be mentioned in his book , and just found the bit about dropping Pro Plus very , very funny ........ )

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Did he mention what year Wigan "went crap" for him, Malc.. :)

According to what I saw / heard when the TV " episode " was shown , it did not have an excrement period for him ........

Malc Burton

Social source share

According to what I saw / heard when the TV " episode " was shown , it did not have an excrement period for him ........

Malc Burton

Thanks Malc........ :)

I understand PO'G was a regular for very nearly a month so would have been surprised if he didn't have an opinion on this...

Social source share

So he says he remembers Marie Knight singing Thats no way to treat a girl (musicor).

Please explain what in any way shape or form is wrong with this tune?

In fact has there ever been a time when a percentage of records played on this scene have not been lets say substandard.

Some folks shoot from the hip!!!!

As I recall, mizz Knight was played about 1977/8 and for sure there was some pretty good stuff getting played at the same time.

Ed

Social source share

So he says he remembers Marie Knight singing Thats no way to treat a girl (musicor).

Please explain what in any way shape or form is wrong with this tune?

In fact has there ever been a time when a percentage of records played on this scene have not been lets say substandard.

Some folks shoot from the hip!!!!

As I recall, mizz Knight was played about 1977/8 and for sure there was some pretty good stuff getting played at the same time.

Ed

No one commented , stated , suggested or implied - either myself in my original post , those who replied , or even POG in his book ( despite his being under the " influence " of Pro Plus when he listened to it ) that there was anything wrong with Marie Knight's

" TNWTTAG " .........

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert