Carol Anderson

Guest remus

Guest remus

I HAVE CAROL ANDERSON 'YOU BOY', WITH A DIFFERENT FLIP TO OTHERS I'VE SEEN, (USUSALLY WITH 'HOLDING ON'), MINE HAS 'IT SHOULD HAPPEN TO A DOG', ANYBODY ANT IDEAS IF IT'S RARER!, PRICE ETC!

Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I HAVE CAROL ANDERSON 'YOU BOY', WITH A DIFFERENT FLIP TO OTHERS I'VE SEEN, (USUSALLY WITH 'HOLDING ON'), MINE HAS 'IT SHOULD HAPPEN TO A DOG', ANYBODY ANT IDEAS IF IT'S RARER!, PRICE ETC!

link

Deffo the harder of the two releases - don't ask me about prices though

Social source share

link

It is rarer.... but excuse me for being suspicious.... are you just after a price for selling on here as I notice this is only your 2nd post and it's about another tune.... just like your 1st that was in "sales bit" with the Fantanstics up for "offers" following recent requests for it in "wants section" :lol::yes: ....

If not.... apologies :lol: .... but there's been a few "limited posters" doing this of late :lol: ....

Social source share

Guest stromberg

link

no idea about the price of your copy, but doesn't sound that Carol Anderson 45 with "Holding on/ You boy" just like the cream of a female crossover record? Or am I the only one who loves this 45 that much??

To me, it sounds like a timeless class 45, which is very underrated.

:yes:

cheers,

Stefan

Social source share

no idea about the price of your copy, but doesn't sound that Carol Anderson 45 with "Holding on/ You boy" just like the cream of a female crossover record? Or am I the only one who loves this 45 that much??

To me, it sounds like a timeless class 45, which is very underrated.

:yes:

cheers,

Stefan

link

On the subject of Carol Anderson.

Dave Thorley used to play an unreleased track,that was recorded at the same session that she recorded 'Sad Girl'. Anyone got anymore info on this?

Soundbite??

Pete

Social source share

On the subject of Carol Anderson.

Dave Thorley used to play an unreleased track,that was recorded at the same session that she recorded 'Sad Girl'. Anyone got anymore info on this?

Soundbite??

Pete

link

ARe you sure it was not released, and not on her Coup LP from the early 80's?

Social source share

link

I'm pretty sure it wasn't released Steve,I may well be wrong though :yes:

I remember him playing it at the The Drunken Monkey a couple of years ago.

Mike may be able to help ?? Dave THorley playlist ??

Cheers

Pete

Social source share

Guest remus

It is rarer.... but excuse me for being suspicious.... are you just after a price for selling on here as I notice this is only your 2nd post and it's about another tune.... just like your 1st that was in "sales bit" with the Fantanstics up for "offers" following recent requests for it in "wants section" :lol:   :yes: ....

If not.... apologies :lol: .... but there's been a few "limited posters" doing this of late :lol: ....

link

no, not at all, just joined forum and would like to know the score. at the end of the day people ask me to sell stuff all the time and i'm just INTRIGUED!

Social source share

Guest remus

link

IT'S A 45 ISSUE, NO RE-ISSUE, RELEASE NUMBER IS BEFORE YOU BOY/HOLDING ON.

Social source share

According to JM's third edition.

Carol A - Holding on / You Boy - MID-TOWN 271 - £20.00

Carol A - It shouldn't Happen to a dog / Holding on - MID-TOWN 170 - £200.00.

Not in JM's book, you can also find this: -

Carol A - It shouldn't Happen to a dog / Holding On - MID-TOWN 270 - £.?

Mines on MID-TOWN 270. :yes:

Social source share

no, not at all, just joined forum and would like to know the score. at the end of the day people ask me to sell stuff all the time and i'm just INTRIGUED!

link

:) .... welcome aboard the good ship SS.... notice Kid Curry has given the "guide" prices from JM's book.... think someone may be in touch re your Fantastics sale :) .... that "books" at £75 on SS7 and £100 on Copa.... remembering that these are only JM's "guides" not actual cost so your "offers" can be +/- any amount dependent on demand wink.gif .... not sure what Tim Brown's "guide" has to say on "prices" as know there can be quite big differences on some records....

Social source share

:) .... welcome aboard the good ship SS.... notice Kid Curry has given the "guide" prices from JM's book.... think someone may be in touch re your Fantastics sale wink.gif .... that "books" at £75 on SS7 and £100 on Copa.... remembering that these are only JM's "guides" not actual cost so your "offers" can be +/- any amount dependent on demand wink.gif .... not sure what Tim Brown's "guide" has to say on "prices" as know there can be quite big differences on some records....

link

John M has got one on SS7 now for £50. !

Err, Fantastics that is. Sorry :)

Edited by BLADEFORLIFE
Social source share

Guest remus

According to JM's third edition.

Carol A - Holding on / You Boy - MID-TOWN 271 - £20.00

Carol A - It shouldn't Happen to a dog / Holding on - MID-TOWN 170 - £200.00.

Not in JM's book, you can also find this: -

Carol A - It shouldn't Happen to a dog / Holding On - MID-TOWN 270 - £.?

Mines on MID-TOWN 270.    :)

link

Didnt realise there was such a price difference!, thanks for the info, I prefer the Holding side myself, thanks again :)

Social source share

I'm pretty sure it wasn't released Steve,I may well be wrong though :thumbsup:

I remember him playing it at the The Drunken Monkey a couple of years ago.

Mike may be able to help ??  Dave THorley playlist ??

Cheers

Pete

link

Pete

yeah sure he had two unissued Carol Anderson tracks from same session, and played them at one of early monkeys, can't dig the full details of them at moment

however got a feeling they may have since been featured on a recent grapevine cd release ??

not sure but will try and dig deeper later

hope helps

mike

Social source share

Pete

yeah sure he had two unissued Carol Anderson tracks from same session, and played them at one of early monkeys, can't dig the full details of them at moment

however got a feeling they may have since been featured on a recent grapevine cd release ??

hope helps

mike

link

Recent Grapevine CD:

Carol Anderson "Sad Girl" GVCD 3016

1 SAD GIRL

2 YOU BOY

3 WE'VE GOT ENOUGH

4 I'M NOT WORRIED

5 YOU'VE GOT IT COMING (WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND)

6 ONE MAN'S WOMAN

7 I FOUND LOVE

8 PARTY PEOPLE

9 HOLDING ON

10 TAKING MY MIND OFF LOVE

11 MASTER PLAN

12 COME ON OVER TONIGHT

13 YOU WANT IT

14 AINT GIVING UP

15 I'LL GET OFF AT THE NEXT STOP

16 IT SHOULDN'T HAPPEN TO A DOG

17 TOMORROW IS NOT A PROMISE

Nick :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Phil Richards

Recent Grapevine CD:

Carol Anderson "Sad Girl" GVCD 3016

1 SAD GIRL

2 YOU BOY

3 WE'VE GOT ENOUGH

4 I'M NOT WORRIED

5 YOU'VE GOT IT COMING (WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND)

6 ONE MAN'S WOMAN

7 I FOUND LOVE

8 PARTY PEOPLE

9 HOLDING ON

10 TAKING MY MIND OFF LOVE

11 MASTER PLAN

12 COME ON OVER TONIGHT

13 YOU WANT IT

14 AINT GIVING UP

15 I'LL GET OFF AT THE NEXT STOP

16 IT SHOULDN'T HAPPEN TO A DOG

17 TOMORROW IS NOT A PROMISE

Nick :thumbsup:

link

Anyone have a ra of taking my mind of love ?

Thanks

Social source share

Pete

hope helps

mike

link

Thanks for that Mike :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!