Empress Ballrooms Mexborough Important Information

soulcrew

been reading all the messages of support on here and it warms my heart and it goes without saying if theres anything angie and myself can do please ask , I just know the metrodome will be massive so lets not get down ..as been said onwards and upwards, would just like to say thankyou for your efforts to get the extra dates for the metrodome and the chillout room, would especially like to say thanks to young john simms for going along with it all ,cheers john your a prince.

• Replies 60
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

sad news, i have dj there a few times and would like to say waht a venue it was, the djs the music, the room, speachless. I hope the metrodome does as good as mexbourgh, i only ever missed one night at mexborugh due to not been well, everynight there were one to remember :lol: .

Hi Alex and John

Thank you for your kind words and Support and all your understanding you are very true friends. I am sure we can make it just as good as the Empress if not better. With Team Tarn behind us we will get there wink.gif

Hi Steve and Karen

Sorry for not being able to put you on at christmas, we tried for the Metrodome but they have pantomine's on through December. But I am sure if all is ok in 2009 we should be ok for 2010 :rolleyes:

Hi Mags

Thank you for all your kind words and support. It will be very nice to see you at the Metrodome ( We won't have a problem with numbers and no tickets available sorry) :wicked:

Hi Spot and Gail

Well what can we say. On wards and upwards with Elnel Jean, John and Alex and Mark, Lol and Geordie by our side, the support and love given to us from everyone we are in for a great night at the Metrodome. Every word that has been put on this thread has had Yocky and me in tears they are so touching.

Thank you all and we are looking forward to having a celebration on the 21st of Feb on the Gathering of our big Soul Family.

Love to you all

Yocky and JX

Guest Mezhouse

Hi all . just got back on line ,thanks for all the kind words and suport , just thought ide mention that during a meeting with the owner of the empres at the very start 3 years ago we said we thought about 350 would be about the max the building would hold without being uncomfortable and he said that the fire regulations were 800 ,we insisted on 350 , I wonder if this is one of his reasons and has found someone who thinks more of pounds shillings and pence than he cares about peoples comfart safety and enjoyment ,just a thought,anyway ide like to thank all who suported us and shared with us the magic nights we had, I hold no ill feelings or malice to anyone as regards to the end of the empres cos I made lots of new friends there who I hope will stay friends forever. and I hope if someone ellse takes over ,even if he understands filthy lucra more than soulies he can give people the kind of nights we were blessed with ,though i think that would be like employing a wolf as a sheepdog. Look forward to seeing some of you at the metrodome if not before ,luv ya all ,El Nel . NORTHERN S O U L

sounds of unity & love

800??? Is he mad???? Obviously he is!!!!

Jo x

:rolleyes:

Cant believe this what a load of b****cks the management must be on another planet they need a good boxing.gif . It goes with out saying joy and yocky any help you need just ask. Both me and sue think of you as family. In my opinon you and the team that put the Empress Rooms on over the last 3 yrs are the formula 1 off the northern soul scean and and yocky you are lewis hamlton your a winner mate what ever you do will pack us in . rumours are rife why they shut you down but one things for certain we will never ever go back to the empress room . cant say much more than that you are a 5 star bloke and joy i have said it before you are the queen of soul and will stand by you and the rest of the team no matter what.

Night Nurse

HI YOKI AND JOY ..SORRY TO HEAR WHATS HAPPEND ,,HAS YOU NO MATE I WILL SURPORT YOU ,IF YOU NEED A HAND LET ME NO ,,I GOT A NEW NUMBER SO I WILL TEX IT YOU TOMORROW ,,,ALL THE BEST FOR THE FUTURE WITH THE METRODOME WITH ALL YOU 6 BEHIND IT I NO IT WILL BE A TOP SOUL NIGHT ,,,GOOD LUCK ,,.

PETE XX

Hi everyone

We have always said that we haven't much money but in friendship we are millionairs. I must say that we have been overwhelmed with the kind words support and offers of help. Sometimes it is percieved that promoters make losts of money on venues, unfortunately this isn't always true as we put all ours int the free christmas bash leaving us with big advertisement bills for 2009 as we had already had verything done. One of them was to advertise on the Flyer for Bridlington Weekender and I feel we must share this with everyone after a phone call from them today. All The Bridlington Promoters have agreed to waver the costs of our advert on the back of the flyer in light of what has happened to us at the Empress. These amongst everyone are "Angels" This has helped us beyond believe as you know Yocky and I have just been made redundant and Linda and Jean hasn't worked for quite a while due to illness. We are sure that many of our soul friends are suffering due to job losses, and the credit crunch, we are so very grateful to all you kind people. Thank you fro the bottom of our hearts.

Thank you to Kirsty and Dave , Night Nurse and Pete for their kind words and support, it will be greta to see you at the Metrodome.

Just to finish with, we have taken all the toiletry's, hats, gloves,socks, coffee, tea and biscuits down to the homeless ( by god it gives you a reality check bless them all) Everyone is so very grateful down there and send their thanks to everyone.

Thank you

Yocky , Joy, Nel, Jean, Linda and Woody

Guest GazArcher

Hi everyone

We have always said that we haven't much money but in friendship we are millionairs. I must say that we have been overwhelmed with the kind words support and offers of help. Sometimes it is percieved that promoters make losts of money on venues, unfortunately this isn't always true as we put all ours int the free christmas bash leaving us with big advertisement bills for 2009 as we had already had verything done. One of them was to advertise on the Flyer for Bridlington Weekender and I feel we must share this with everyone after a phone call from them today. All The Bridlington Promoters have agreed to waver the costs of our advert on the back of the flyer in light of what has happened to us at the Empress. These amongst everyone are "Angels" This has helped us beyond believe as you know Yocky and I have just been made redundant and Linda and Jean hasn't worked for quite a while due to illness. We are sure that many of our soul friends are suffering due to job losses, and the credit crunch, we are so very grateful to all you kind people. Thank you fro the bottom of our hearts.

Thank you to Kirsty and Dave , Night Nurse and Pete for their kind words and support, it will be greta to see you at the Metrodome.

Just to finish with, we have taken all the toiletry's, hats, gloves,socks, coffee, tea and biscuits down to the homeless ( by god it gives you a reality check bless them all) Everyone is so very grateful down there and send their thanks to everyone.

Thank you

Yocky , Joy, Nel, Jean, Linda and Woody

FCUKING SPEECHLESS.....WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE THIS GET MANAGERS POSITIONS WHEN QUITE OBVIOUSLY THEY COULDN'T MANAGE THE PERVERBILE PISS UP IN A BREWERY.

WE HAD SIMILAR AT SIXHILLS AND IT REALLY GETS YER GOING WHEN THIS HAPPENS, ESPECIALLY WHEN IT HAPPENS TO TWO OF THE NICEST GUENUINE PEOPLE YOU WILL EVER MEET IN JOY & YOCKY.

FULL AND TOTAL SUPPORT FROM US AT THE DRIVING BEAT SOUL CLUB, AND WE'LL SEE YER SOON.

OHHHHHH MY BLOODS BOILING :)

Guest shaun123

Empress Ballrooms Mexborough 2009

It is with great regret that after 3 fantastic years at the Empress Ballroom's we will no longer be able to hold Soul Nights anymore at the Empress. This is entirely down to the owner of the building, who has informed us the Empress is no longer available to us for Soul Nights.

We would like to thank everyone who has attended our Soul Nights over the last 3 years and supported us making the Empress into a fantastic venue. Also we would like to thank all the DJ's that have played with passion to entertain us all, and we think we have brought some of the finest Soul Spinners in the country, playing some of the ground breaking sounds around the soul scene today. We also feel we have given oppertunities to up and coming DJ's young and old, girls and boys.

A big thanks to Mark and Geordie for their contribution in enhancing and expanding the Empress Ballroom's with The Chillout Room, which was a great success.

Could we also thank Mick Jordan and the Sound crew for what we believe was a first class sound system, and the hard work they all did for us. Last but not least, we would like to thank the girls and the boys behind the bar for all their hard work rehydrating us geriatric soul dancers on mass.

As you will be aware, we have sold both season tickets and tickets for the 12th April 2009 at the Empress, at our free Christmas event. Anybody who purchased these tickets can either have a full refund or can use all the tickets for the Metrodome events which will follow.I.E Season tickets contain 6 tickets which can all be used for any metrodome soul event.

We are really sorry for all the inconvenience it has caused, and it has come as a great shock to all six of us who have run The Empress over the last 3 years. with passion, committment and dedication to what we feel was one of the most friendliest soul events around.

Now the good news!!!

As you will probably be aware we are running 2 events at The Metrodome in Barnsley, where Joy had her fantastic 50th Birthday Party.On Saturday 21st February 2009 and 24th October 2009. Richard from the Metrodome has kindly offered us 2 more dates on bank holiday sunday 3rd May and 30th August 2009, which we have kindley accepted.He has also promised that if the events are successful we could have Bank holiday Sunday's for 2010. We hope all our Soul Family from the Empress Ballrooms will join us at the Metrodome.

PLEASE WATCH THIS SPACE FOR FURTHER UPDATE RE CHILLOUT ROOM.

If you have any queiries please feel free to contact us on Joy 07939 575692 and Yocky 07956 666962.

Just to finish could we once again Thank you all from the bottom of our hearts for all the kindness, and support committed to us by you all over the last 3 years.

Yocky, Joy, Nel,Jean, Woody,Linda

Wow what a responce ,some one gives ya a boot up the bracket and the soulies are there before you hit the floor to pick ya up and dust ya off ,wot a truly wonderfull kind comunity this northern soul thing is made off anyone not part of it could possibly understand the way I feel right now a massive thanks to the bridlington weekender crew for youre lovely gesture with the flyers , just one of the reasons its called the peoples weekender ,brilliant. and to everyone THANK YOU ALL youve restord my faith in mankind . love you all and allways will .El Nel feeling very humble indeed xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wow what a responce ,some one gives ya a boot up the bracket and the soulies are there before you hit the floor to pick ya up and dust ya off ,wot a truly wonderfull kind comunity this northern soul thing is made off anyone not part of it could possibly understand the way I feel right now a massive thanks to the bridlington weekender crew for youre lovely gesture with the flyers , just one of the reasons its called the peoples weekender ,brilliant. and to everyone THANK YOU ALL youve restord my faith in mankind . love you all and allways will .El Nel feeling very humble indeed xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hi mate ..we all down here are thinking of you all and will surport your new venture ,,

now give us a kiss on me bold head ,,and i will kiss ures ,,see you soon el nel ..

lv pete and co xxxx

Source Advert