The Foxley , Stoke On Trent ! Tonite

Hi

Theres a pub i go to in Milton , Stoke on Trent where EVERY Tuesday evening theres a " meet up" with the Local Scooter club and like minded Soulies where we play a few tunes, sell and buy a few records and CDs etc, they even provide a free buffet!!!

Well tonite there running there own little Soul Night, and its FREE!!

This will only be occasional and is not designed to tread on anyones other nights ,,,its just a small gathering of nice friendly people with a common interest!!

The music tonight will be Mostly Modern Soul and Northern Soul, with DJs who attend the weekely get together!! I cant say for the Modern Soul but all N. Soul will be O.V.O on Technics Decks with a fab sound system, (as i some one of the Modern Guys "Manno" "MORRIS"plays from CDs)

EVERYONE IS WELCOME!!! and there is NO ENTRY CHARGE !!

Its only a small dance floor , but if these nites where popular we have an UPSTAIRS function room for any future dos!!

About 20 yeaars ago i used to attend a do like this at the Bear Hotel in Newcastle S.O.T. and that became a very popular place to go for a few years!!

Theres a flyer below!!

I know it wont be of interest to many on here but like i say EVERYONE is welcome!!!

Where ever ya go have a great weekend

Torchboy x

post-1851-1232711379_thumb.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

God the times I played football against Milton United. Think I was playing for Hanley Town at the time. I'm certain I'v been in The Foxley a few times.

Sounds like a friendly atmoshere so as long as there are no ex Milton United players who I kicked 35 years ago :) I'll get along one night.

Have a good one Nige

Pat

Hello Nige: See you later matey & hopefully we'll have another good night at the Foxley.

Last Tuesday was a bit quite with the weather & football but all of a sudden the pub filled up about 9.30 pm, so the last hour & half was buzzing!

Catch up with you later on.

Cheers

Amo

:)

PS: Enjoyed your "Behind The Decks" CD.

Source Advert