The City Gardener - Soul Tracks

Did anyone watch The City Gardener tonight on channel 4 at 8.30pm? Another programme playing wonderful soul tunes in the background - Marvin Gaye, Temptations to name but two whilst watching leafy trees swaying about in Glasgow. Very watchable :lol: I wonder if they'll do a sound track for this like they have with the fantastic series of 'No Angels' - best programme ever :unsure:

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I saw it.........wonder who chooses the music and if they are into this wonderful scene of ours?? I'm off to see if the tracks are listed on the C4 website....some stuff they played is annoyingly familiar but I couldn't quite place the songs whilst large pebbles were being laid.......?

Anyone else know who finds the songs on this gardentastic programme

Social source share

I think it's brill that our wonderful music is being played on the TV - especially on a weekend when I can't get out :lol:

There must be someone who frequents the scene - possibly a little back room person left to his/her own devices to fill in the quiet gaps with the tunes - whoever you are - great choice :unsure:

Social source share

I saw it.........wonder who chooses the music and if they are into this wonderful scene of ours?? I'm off to see if the tracks are listed on the C4 website....some stuff they played is annoyingly familiar but I couldn't quite place the songs whilst large pebbles were being laid.......?

Anyone else know who finds the songs on this gardentastic programme

link

'Twas Betty Swann Make Me Yours,

and yes Soul sneaks into the oddest places.

I walked into TK Maxx last week and stopped dead to hear Roy Ayres Everybody Loves The Sunshine. Where'd that come from?

Tony

Social source share

'Twas Betty Swann Make Me Yours,

and yes Soul sneaks into the oddest places.

I walked into TK Maxx last week and stopped dead to hear Roy Ayres Everybody Loves The Sunshine. Where'd that come from?

Tony

link

We have a second had playstation games shop in sunny Stafford and the manager is a soul nut - it's great I just stand outside and listen to the tunes in my lunch hour :lol:

Social source share

Did anyone watch The City Gardener tonight on channel 4 at 8.30pm?  Another programme playing wonderful soul tunes in the background - Marvin Gaye, Temptations to name but two whilst watching leafy trees swaying about in Glasgow.  Very watchable  :lol:   I wonder if they'll do a sound track for this like they have with the fantastic series of 'No Angels'  - best programme ever  biggrin.gif

link

:lol: Hi Mandy, yeah my hubby and me were watching the city gardener (green fingered he is!) we commented on the motown tracks played and Ive watched it before and it often has soulful tracks on. Also as you say No Angels (Brilliant programme) always plays soul. Makes you sit up and take a bit of notice doesnt it when its on the telly. :D

Social source share

The one programme on telly both me and the Mrs watch.

Her: to see the pretty gardens.

Me: to wonder what sound they're gonna come up with next!

Social source share

Hi again Mandy! Howe's the fish hun? Nicked any talc lately duck? :(

.....I love "NO ANGELS" too....brill programme& CHOONS 2 boot, it's our themetune innit Lis ay? :shades:   :(   blush.gif

link

Hi hun, fish is great but the hamster is a damn nuisance :angry:

Are you playing out at Derby tomorrow - You're turn to bring the talc ph34r.gif

Social source share

Goin to Thringstone (Leics) Mandy for the dayer with the "No more doggin" crew (though bein a dog-lover & owner myself I can't see what the problem is! thumbsup.gif   :( )

link

Morning! Have a great time at Thringstone beer.gif :dance:

Are you able to take your dog :shades:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert