• Replies 23
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Brett F

Impossible to say from here, but do you think it's a boot ?.....does'nt look like it from the pic.........but then it's a photo so who knows. Come on Steve G, Sean, Val, Gareth etc any ideas ?

Edited by Brett F
Social source share

Impossible to say from here, but do you think it's a boot ?.....does'nt look like it from the pic.........but then it's a photo so who knows. Come on Steve G, Sean, Val, Gareth etc any ideas ?

Nah they probably pressed some more up, but never sold them or something. I'd be surprised if someone bothered to boot it Brett.

Social source share

OK Brett, I'm amending my first theory.

On closer examination, I'll wager that the one that we're all familiar with (as posted by Val) is the second press.... and that the one on the bay is the first press.

On the bay copy, the record title and artist are in the same condensed font, which is consistent throughout the label.

On the scanned copy, the record title is in a different, more rounded, font, inconsistent with the rest of the label.

The word STEREO is also set in a bolder font... different again!

My amended theory also explains why they dropped the word 'Presents' on the second press - The record had already been 'presented' first time around.

Am I being pedantic?

It gets worse....

The Leading (space between the lines) on the Production credits is all over the place on the bay copy - fairly typical of traditional Letterpress printing, whereas on the scan its as crisp as if it had been Macced up only yesterday (artworked on an apple Mac). Not saying it was... but Macs have been around since the late 80's and I feel the 'Dollar' copy is certainly not as authentic (early/mid 70's) 'looking' as the one on the bay.

So, IMO, the later press is the one Without the word 'Presents' but With the additional 'Dollar' symbol.

And the one on the bay, almost certainly not a Boot, Brett.

Think I'll have a crack at it!

:rolleyes:

Sean

Social source share

On closer examination, I'll wager that the one that we're all familiar with (as posted by Val) is the second press.... and that the one on the bay is the first press.

On the bay copy, the record title and artist are in the same condensed font, which is consistent throughout the label.

On the scanned copy, the record title is in a different, more rounded, font, inconsistent with the rest of the label.

My amended theory also explains why they dropped the word 'Presents' on the second press - The record had already been 'presented' first time around.

Am I being pedantic?

It gets worse....

The Leading (space between the lines) on the Production credits is all over the place on the bay copy - fairly typical of traditional Letterpress printing, whereas on the scan its as crisp as if it had been Macced up only yesterday (artworked on an apple Mac). Not saying it was... but Macs have been around since the late 80's and I feel the 'Dollar' copy is certainly not as authentic (early/mid 70's) 'looking' as the one on the bay.

So, IMO, the later press is the one Without the word 'Presents' but With the additional 'Dollar' symbol.

Sean

Sean, I thought you didn't like it ?

Or was that"She went Away " or "Runaway"

(calm down Crystal Palace fan :shades: )

Social source share

Am I being pedantic?

It gets worse....

Sean

My theory is that the "Presents" copy was actually a second issue which was given out at a local music fair in the park to try and reactivate the intetrest in the record. 2nd Ressurection were on the bill supporting a host of Budweiser sponsored acts, and this 45 was designed to be given away to their fans..........

Nah I made that up, but it is plausible :shades:

Social source share

Guest Brett F

Am I being pedantic?

It gets worse....

:D

Sean

Sean, if you can't be more informative and deep thinking then i'd rather you not reply to my requests........i mean, please give it some thought...... :huh::P:D:D:D:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Social source share

Guest Brett F

My theory is that the "Presents" copy was actually a second issue which was given out at a local music fair in the park to try and reactivate the intetrest in the record. 2nd Ressurection were on the bill supporting a host of Budweiser sponsored acts, and this 45 was designed to be given away to their fans..........

Nah I made that up, but it is plausible :P

Jesus Steve, i was bought halfway through, just glad "Boba" didn't get wind of it, or all hell would have been let loose....... :D:huh:

Social source share

Guest lotusland

Band has been recently discovered to be the same group as 6 DEGREE(s) SOUTH (one of the top funk rarities). truth stranger fiction etc.

They made this in LA after leaving their gig as Joe Tex's backing group. Half the band never knew it was issued, and of course, they all though 'Smoke in the Disco' was the side! Every time with these guys!

Social source share

Band has been recently discovered to be the same group as 6 DEGREE(s) SOUTH (one of the top funk rarities). truth stranger fiction etc.

They made this in LA after leaving their gig as Joe Tex's backing group. Half the band never knew it was issued, and of course, they all though 'Smoke in the Disco' was the side! Every time with these guys!

and the other half of the band have got a few copies :rolleyes:

thats plausable too

dave

Social source share

Guest lotusland

No one in the band had copies of either 6 Degree South or Second Resurrection. Great guys though, with a long and interesting tale.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!