Denise Lasalle - Love Reputation

Hi Y'awll

Just bought a copy of Denise LaSalle - A love reputation on 'Tarpon' for about £22, so not too badly priced.

What I was wondering is that I believe that there are 2 label colours, A Turquoise green and a dark blue as far as I can make out.

Are they both the same release but different colour labels, or is one a re-press?

Thank you

A wee remix

Edited by steveluigi
Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Y'awll

Just bought a copy of Denise LaSalle - A love reputation on 'Tarpon' for about £22, so not too badly priced.

What I was wondering is that I believe that there are 2 label colours, A Turquoise green and a dark blue as far as I can make out.

Are they both the same release but different colour labels, or is one a re-press?

Thank you

Turquoise is the original

:lol:

Social source share

Guest east rob

I beg to differ Big man, both originals in my opinion.

The turquoise one is more common but both can be counted as originals.

Chris

but both more common than chess release? seems to be a tarpon copy on ebay every other week:yes:

Edited by east rob
Social source share

Hi Y'awll

Thank you

:yes:Both are originals but blue is much rarer!!!! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest martyn

I only ever see green copies in Chicago...and plenty of them too! But as stated previously the Chess copy is the harder release.

Chris

Used to be the other way around before Ebay the Tarpon copies were harder than Chess IMO

Social source share

:thumbsup:

I only ever see green copies in Chicago...and plenty of them too! But as stated previously the Chess copy is the harder release.

Chris

It appears that way at the moment Chess doesn't seem to turn up as much as Tarpon although back in the day the green Tarpon was the one to have and the blue only seems to have come to light much later!! personally if it's the backing you like then it's gotta be the original Nolan Chance-just like the weather,everytime imho::lol:

Edited by mrtag
Social source share

Maybe if the label was called 'TAMPON' it would have stopped the flow of the chess copies :-) Ho Ho!!

Well anyway I got a turquoise copy so looks like it's the easiest to find one.

:thumbsup:

AT THAT PRICE IT LOOKS LIKE YOU GOT YOURSELF A BARGAIN ON WHATEVER LABEL !!! ATB. JOHN:yes:

Social source share

I like the look of the Tarpon label better, makes a change from the hundreds of Chess 45s I have. Anyways, 1st press is on turquoise, it hit & required a 2nd press on blue which was then superceded by the 3rd press on Chess & as stated above all used the same plates/plant & were made within a few months of each other in 1967. Cool little record. Not sure if Chess pressed it up in other plants or on styrene though, maybe by the time they got to it they only needed to do the pressing at one plant.

Edited by Kris Holmes
Social source share

Guest Perception

I like the look of the Tarpon label better, makes a change from the hundreds of Chess 45s I have. Anyways, 1st press is on turquoise, it hit & required a 2nd press on blue which was then superceded by the 3rd press on Chess & as stated above all used the same plates/plant & were made within a few months of each other in 1967. Cool little record. Not sure if Chess pressed it up in other plants or on styrene though, maybe by the time they got to it they only needed to do the pressing at one plant.

If the blue one is a second press why was it on a Demo?

Why do you see lots of different shades of label from blue to green?

Its as though it started out getting printed one colour and ended up another!

Social source share

If the blue one is a second press why was it on a Demo?

Why do you see lots of different shades of label from blue to green?

Its as though it started out getting printed one colour and ended up another!

As mentioned there are green & blue demos, the date of issue is pretty minimal between the two. what different shades?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert