Denise Lasalle

Guest Andy Kempster

Guest Andy Kempster

whats the right price for a clean copy of this at the moment...???

prices seem to be all over the place :huh:

Social source share

• Replies 32
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Andy Kempster

Your right mate they are all over the place depending on what colour label prices vary :huh:

i've been looking at the jade greeny blue tarpon label

what other colours are there

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

according to mr manships book wich is a bit vague, demo`s £200, BLUE OR GREEN LABEL £150 don`t know wether that means bluet green label i allways thought there was a blue label & a green? help anyone? :huh:

i just checked on popsike and there seems to be definitely both blue and green labels, i've only seen the green but judging by what you say they both go for about the same

Social source share

according to mr manships book wich is a bit vague, demo`s £200, BLUE OR GREEN LABEL £150 don`t know wether that means bluet green label i allways thought there was a blue label & a green? help anyone? :lol:

Hi,

This is a blue demo tarpon.

Hope this helps.

:lol: P

post-9683-1210775439_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Reckon the blue labels are the second press.. soon after issue to meet local demand... as all other releases on the label are on the bluey-green label (barring the first which is a green label with the label name in block text).

Owned by Billy 'the kid' Emerson, who just happened to have links with the Chess label (A&R apparently).

I also reckon that it was a sizeable local hit - leading to the seperate label colours, and a national flop, meaning that the Chess label release is rarer numbers wise, but tends to be in much better condition when you do come across them (The Tarpon copies are regularly battered).

Can anyone confirm or denounce my theories?

Social source share

according to mr manships book wich is a bit vague, demo`s £200, BLUE OR GREEN LABEL £150 don`t know wether that means bluet green label i allways thought there was a blue label & a green? help anyone? :lol:

Harry it ain't rocket-science. :lol:

It was issued on both BLUE and GREEN labels.

I presume BLUE was the first press, as i've only ever seen the DEMO on blue label. (if anyone has a green DEMO then that theory is blown out the water) but to strengthen the theory Billy "the kid" Emerson 45s have blue labels even # 1006 is still a blue label and that is 3 release after Denise.

But you know when a record hits, which this one did, you need to get it on the streets so any colour in the printers will do..

But the rarity between the blue & the Green is negligable (that's why I quote blue or green). But the DEMO on BLUE label is pretty rare!

Hope I'm not being vague.

Social source share

Harry it ain't rocket-science. :lol:

I presume BLUE was the first press, as i've only ever seen the DEMO on blue label. (if anyone has a green DEMO then that theory is blown out the water) but to strengthen the theory Billy "the kid" Emerson 45s have blue labels even # 1006 is still a blue label and that is 3 release after Denise.

But you know when a record hits, which this one did, you need to get it on the streets so any colour in the printers will do..

But the rarity between the blue & the Green is negligable (that's why I quote blue or green). But the DEMO on BLUE label is pretty rare!

Thanks john after the recent SALVADORS blue/green debate was covering my back, when andy said bluey green label i ran like a frightened rabbit and took cover :lol: also with it saying blue green label in your book it was de`ja`vous :lol::ohmy: i allways understood there was a blue and a green label blah blah blah cheers anyway john :ohmy::ohmy::lol:

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

Hi,

This is a blue demo tarpon.

Hope this helps.

smile.gif P

Edited by Andy Kempster
Social source share

Your right mate they are all over the place depending on what colour label prices vary :thumbsup:

All ways end up singing " just like the weather " to this :lol: , all ways thought of it as a cheap alternative to the Nolan Chance classic...not that cheap now though is it ohmy.gif

Bazza

Social source share

• 2 years later...

As per a newer thread on 'SS' I have just picked up a copy of the Bluey/Green Tarpon release for £22, so well chuffed at that, others were priced at least £45.

I have also done a remix of both Denise LaSalle and Nolan Chance together and called it 'Just like the reputation' LOL

Nothing added at all, no beats or that crap, just the 2 records edited together professionally., but can't put it up for you to hear cos can't put MP3s on the site.

If anyone knows a way, and you want to hear it, let me know.

Social source share

Harry it ain't rocket-science. :hatsoff2:

HI JOHN, I USED TO OWN A GREEN DEMO ON TARPON CIRCA 1984/5 AND A MINTER TO BOOT!! BEST WISHES JOHN EDGE

Social source share

If anyone knows a way, and you want to hear it, let me know.

How do you think the clips you listen to got there, use refo-soul biggrin.gif

Social source share

Harry it ain't rocket-science. :thumbsup:

I presume BLUE was the first press, as I've only ever seen the DEMO on blue label. (if anyone has a green DEMO then that theory is blown out the water) but to strengthen the theory Billy "the kid" Emerson 45s have blue labels even # 1006 is still a blue label and that is 3 release after Denise.

But you know when a record hits, which this one did, you need to get it on the streets so any color in the printers will do..

But the rarity between the blue & the Green is negotiable (that's why I quote blue or green). But the DEMO on BLUE label is pretty rare!

:hatsoff2: Hi Mate...I have the Green one in my US favorites Box! Back in the days when I used to always take a sales box around with me, i always picked this record up the Checker issue was very common in the early 7ts 50p i remember getting it in Soul Pack from Contempos Also it was on the Contempo record list in Blues & Soul mag all CHES, CHECKER & CADET stuff! Ko Ko Taylor "FIRE" Sonny Warner "Bell Bottom Blue Jeans, And so on I can only add that indeed the green is 2nd run, but much rarer than the blue issue, as it's CHESS release must have clashed! so it was withdrawn very quick, the blue DEMO is Rare.:thumbsup: DAVE KIL

:thumbup: MY COPY IN A SRUFFY SLEEVE DtheDRUG

post-13241-024840100 1279847273_thumb.jp

Social source share

John it's only took you 2 years to respond! manship posted may 2008

cheers Mick :hatsoff2:

yes mick I know that!! but the guy that put the thread on above mine has just bought one and I put something on his other thread noticed this and thought i would inform big J but thanks anyway I did know it was an old thread reactivated!! ATB John:thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

John it's only took you 2 years to respond! manship posted may 2008

cheers Mick :hatsoff2:

and i've had mine for over 2 years now :hatsoff2:

Social source share

nice !!! But you could have split the lead vocals say 50/50 but good anyway. ATB John. :thumbsup:

yeah, but more difficult than it sounds to be honest. Although the backing tracks are the same, the actual equalisation and parts of the backing track are different, also the Nolan Chance one is faster than the Denise LaSalle one. Also you have the problem of syncing it up as of course both tracks were recorded with live instruments and obviously not in any fixed BPM.

Like I said I was just messing about really to see if it could be done with both records being very similar. With a lot more time taken I think it could be done quite effectively.

Steve

Social source share

hatsoff2.gif Hi Mate...I have the Green one in my US favorites Box! Back in the days when I used to always take a sales box around with me, i always picked this record up the Checker issue was very common in the early 7ts 50p i remember getting it in Soul Pack from Contempos Also it was on the Contempo record list in Blues & Soul mag all CHES, CHECKER & CADET stuff! Ko Ko Taylor "FIRE" Sonny Warner "Bell Bottom Blue Jeans, And so on I can only add that indeed the green is 2nd run, but much rarer than the blue issue, as it's CHESS release must have clashed! so it was withdrawn very quick, the blue DEMO is Rare.ph34r.gif DAVE KIL

:( MY COPY IN A SRUFFY SLEEVE DtheDRUG

post-13241-024840100 1279847273_thumb.jp

:lol: HI ALL...I JUST HAD TO PUT THIS ON..IT'S ME #1 FAVOURATE ALSO HAS EXCELLANT B SIDE,

MY 1st COPY I HAD, WAS FROM THE "SCOTCHMAN" RANKING JOHN ANDERSON, FOR £1.75 THOSE WERE THE DAYS! THIS COPY I GOT FROM "LIL DAVE WELDING" A TOP DJ AND COLLECTOR- IN THE BLACK COUNTRY.:thumbup: DAVE KIL

post-13241-005452900 1279921397_thumb.jp

Social source share

:lol: HI ALL...I JUST HAD TO PUT THIS ON..IT'S ME #1 FAVOURATE ALSO HAS EXCELLANT B SIDE,

MY 1st COPY I HAD, WAS FROM THE "SCOTCHMAN" RANKING JOHN ANDERSON, FOR £1.75 THOSE WERE THE DAYS! THIS COPY I GOT FROM "LIL DAVE WELDING" A TOP DJ AND COLLECTOR- IN THE BLACK COUNTRY.:thumbup: DAVE KIL

whistling.gifnice regards johno

Social source share

boxing.gif HI ALL...I JUST HAD TO PUT THIS ON..IT'S ME #1 FAVOURATE ALSO HAS EXCELLANT B SIDE,

MY 1st COPY I HAD, WAS FROM THE "SCOTCHMAN" RANKING JOHN ANDERSON, FOR £1.75 THOSE WERE THE DAYS! THIS COPY I GOT FROM "LIL DAVE WELDING" A TOP DJ AND COLLECTOR- IN THE BLACK COUNTRY.:lol: DAVE KIL

Is that a Pressing then or a bone fide Demo??
Social source share

Is that a Pressing then or a bone fide Demo??

hatsoff2.gif HI ...HOW DARE YOU! WHAT WOULD I WANT A PRESSING OF MY #1 TUNE?? :thumbup: NO IT'S THE REAL THING WITH STAMP AND ALL THE TRIMMINGS, IT'S 100% GENUINE, I NO HOLLY MAXWELL WAS PRESSED UP, TO LOOK JUST LIKE THE ORIGINAL! HOWEVER I HAVE ONLY SEEN BUNKY AND OUT OF THE PAST PRESSINGS, OF JUST LIKE THE WEATHER, AND IN 72/3 THERE WAS A BLUE ISSUE THAT I HAD PRETTY SURE THAT WAS A COUNTERFEIT COPY?...WHAT MADE YOU ASK! IF YOU DON'T MIND ME ASKING??:lol: DAVE K

Social source share

:P HI ...HOW DARE YOU! WHAT WOULD I WANT A PRESSING OF MY #1 TUNE?? wink.gif NO IT'S THE REAL THING WITH STAMP AND ALL THE TRIMMINGS, IT'S 100% GENUINE, I NO HOLLY MAXWELL WAS PRESSED UP, TO LOOK JUST LIKE THE ORIGINAL! HOWEVER I HAVE ONLY SEEN BUNKY AND OUT OF THE PAST PRESSINGS, OF JUST LIKE THE WEATHER, AND IN 72/3 THERE WAS A BLUE ISSUE THAT I HAD PRETTY SURE THAT WAS A COUNTERFEIT COPY?...WHAT MADE YOU ASK! IF YOU DON'T MIND ME ASKING??:lol: DAVE K

Don't know really, just looked it I thought, TBH in the 40 years that i have been on the scene i don't think I have ever seen a demo copy, so that maybe why it looked strange to me. Sorry if i caused any grief :lol:

Social source share

Don't know really, just looked it I thought, TBH in the 40 years that i have been on the scene i don't think I have ever seen a demo copy, so that maybe why it looked strange to me. Sorry if i caused any grief :lol:

:P HI..YOU HAVE CAUSED ME NO GRIEF! I GEST..TREAT ME AS AN OLD SAGE OF THE SCENE! AND YOU ARE THE PUPIL ON A SERENDIPITOUS ADVENTURE.."IF YOU NO WHAT I MEAN"??:lol: DtheDRUG

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert