Diana Shaw Leave A Little Love

Mickjay33

Very nice!  I've always liked that song very much.  I'm glad to see (and hear) that good-sounding music is still being produced.  Usually I don't like the sound of the instrumentation and recording after 1971 or 1972.  It usually sounds muffled to me and too noisy and the instruments sound synthetic.  In this recording, the sound is really clean and crisp, and the individual instruments can be heard, and they sound like real instruments.  And Diana did a fabulous job on the singing.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Oddly enough I spotted a copy of the Patti Austin French EP with said track on it today whilst out and about in Tokyo! :ohmy:

(Wasn't cheap so I left it :D )

Social source share

• 4 months later...
Guest andyman

Thanks guys for your kind comments. I'm the producer of this track, as well as the forthcoming album (in the same vein).
We've had a great response across the board to the tracks we released, and this one is currently sitting at No. 8 on the Solar Sweet Rhythms Soul Chart, being played on all the major soul radio stations, as well as Jazz FM, and it's being backed by some of the best known DJ's in the country, and journalists including Sharon Davis (Motown biographer), David Nathan (Blues & Soul) and the like...

We are adamant that the whole album continues to be recorded on analogue tape, with real orchestration (the way it used to be, with not a computer in sight) but unfortunately that doesn't come cheap, and so is the reason we are fundraising to pay for it all (no record company involvement as yet). We have already achieved 80% of the fund through album and single pre-orders (Vinyl and CD), but just need to get the last stretch to make sure it happens.
I thank you for your interest and hope that would be kind enough to share to your circle of friends, to help make it happen.

Here is the link to pre-order Vinyl copies of the single (available in about 2 weeks), Vinyl copies of the album, as well as all kinds of other exclusives, signed merchandise etc..  https://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/dianeshaw
Many thanks for your help
Andy Birkinshaw

p.s. some are preferring this track 'Good Lovin' Man' : 

p.p.s Diane will be performing live with her full band at various soul nights including Ritz Ballroom Brighouse, and the Alban Arena, St.Albans, promoting the album. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Diane-Shaw-UK-Soul-Motown-Singer/15602680950?ref=hl
Thanks

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!