The Verstailes

• Replies 17
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

The Verstatiles - "Tell Me"

Has this been released in any format at all? Does any one know anything about it? :thumbsup:

link

hi simon

did you get the brenda jones of ian if so it was my copy that i sold to him.

not bad but a tad too fast

mark

Social source share

Hi Mark - No didn't get Brenda of Ian but it was someone on ANS mk1 but I honestly don't remember who. May have been Keith Williams at Soulsearcher.. great alternate version. Would say it about the same pace as Linda Jones though. By the sound of it she's Brenda Lee Jones.

The Versatiles has come my way on a 45 in a bunch of stuff I bought cheap in Brighton last week and its f***ing great. But I just can't don't beleive its unkown it's too good - although no one I've asked seems to know it at the moment.

Social source share

Guest CapitolSC

Versatiles tell me unreleased version of the vows on vip.

You must have a boot or something as motown never issued it.

Been known from cds doing the rounds for the last few years

Al H :thumbsup:

Social source share

Versatiles tell me unreleased version of the vows on vip.

You must have a boot or something as  motown never issued it.

Been known from cds doing the rounds for the last few years

Al H :thumbsup:

link

Released on VIP No 25016 in 1965

By Motown

priced by John Manship at 75.00

could have been a pressing

or a cover up press as The Versatiles were a

Texan rock n roll covers band

see the Album Memories

Doug

Social source share

Cheers chaps - this is a whitish label with typing and just "Tell Me" and "The Verstatiles" on it. No other info.

I'm a bit confused though- is the track I have the same as The Vows on VIP or is it an unreleased Versatiles? (and therefore is it definately not the Bronco Versatiles?)

The same place turned up an uncredited acetate last year of a version of "Pretty Boy" the song Dora Hall did but in an early more r & b style.

Social source share

i have a friend ( honest i do :D )..a huge motown rare stuff type collector who has done me tapes of unreleased stuff..this is def unreleased..much better than the vows IMO :lol:

must be acetate fingy but why not play it???......will make a change from the usual motown dross u get at most soul do's :thumbsup:

bitch dj :ohmy:

Social source share

Hi Mark - No didn't get Brenda of Ian but it was someone on ANS mk1 but I honestly don't remember who. May have been Keith Williams at Soulsearcher.. great alternate version. Would say it about the same pace as Linda Jones though. By the sound of it she's Brenda Lee Jones.

IT WAS FROM ME SIMON

he he

keith williams

Social source share

Guest Rich

There's also a Detroit Versatiles, recorded on Staff which I'm sure is Detroit (Arabians also on label).  Also know of other unissued Motown by the Versatiles.

link

Cry like a baby on Staff - top sound :thumbsup:

Don't know if its Detroit though - I'll dig it out and see if the credits give owt away.

I know there was a 'Versatones' from Detroit who released on Magic City - don't know if they're the same outfit??

I picked up a couple of CD's a few years back in the states (on Moonshine) featuring dead early Motortown stuff (59-61)and it had a track called 'Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde' which was previously unreleased - cant remember if it was the Versatiles or Versatones (I lent the CD my brother and it's never returned).

Social source share

I picked up a couple of CD's a few years back in the states (on Moonshine) featuring dead early Motortown stuff (59-61)and it had a track called 'Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde' which was previously unreleased - cant remember if it was the Versatiles or Versatones

That was the Versatones

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert