Living Color On Madhatter

I've seen a couple of copies of Living Color's "Thank the Lord for Love" on sale recently that were described as "rarer yellow copy"

It was one of my faves at the old Wig and I must have bought and sold over a dozen copies over the years and I have definately seen more yellow than pink ones. The pink issue was definately the one to have in the 70s. Has this changed?

What does the panel think?

Godz :shades:

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest martyn

I've seen a couple of copies of Living Color's "Thank the Lord for Love" on sale recently that were described as "rarer yellow copy"

It was one of my faves at the old Wig and I must have bought and sold over a dozen copies over the years and I have definately seen more yellow than pink ones. The pink issue was definately the one to have in the 70s. Has this changed?

What does the panel think?

Godz blush.gif

link

I'll stick with my pink copy :shades: ,bought it at Loughboro town hall nighter in 1978 for £3.

Never saw a yellow copy in the 70s,now there seem to be more yellow than pink about.

Has anyone ever come accross a demo?

Social source share

I'll stick with my pink copy blush.gif ,bought it at Loughboro town hall nighter in 1978 for £3.

Never saw a yellow copy in the 70s,now there seem to be more yellow than pink about.

Has anyone ever come accross a demo?

link

Can't remember which way 'round it is, but someone told us the pink was a boot or vice versa. Anyone know anything more?

:shades:

Social source share

Guest martyn

Can't remember which way 'round it is, but someone told us the pink was a boot or vice versa. Anyone know anything more?

:thumbsup:

link

If you look at both together they seem to be identicle except for colour especialy the crappy printing.

My pink copy has A4KM-4391-1 in the run out together with a stamped Rjoined to a tick.

Any details on the yellow copy anyone?

I didnt think this was ever booted. (?)

Social source share

If you look at both together they seem to be identicle except for colour especialy the crappy printing.

My pink copy has  A4KM-4391-1 in the run out together with a stamped Rjoined to a tick.

link

It was, but on a label called Chicago Sounds

Social source share

:thumbsup:

link

Brought my Pink copy from Soul Bowl £4 many moons ago,

I wish i still had the old 70s boot of this with the Inst on the flip,anyone know the score with the Inst of "TTLFL" wasn`t it called "City Skies" or something like that,i heard that

there was a real release on "Penthouse"??.

Dave f.......................

Social source share

Guest martyn

just remembered-this was booted on a yellow Chi-Sounds label with the an instrumental on the other side called City Skys by the Mystery Men. :)

Bought City Skys on another label (cant remember what) thinking it would be the instrumental version years ago at Wigan, but it was a totaly different tune :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest martyn

Brought my Pink copy from Soul Bowl £4 many moons ago,

I wish i still had the old 70s boot of this with the Inst on the flip,anyone know the score with the Inst of "TTLFL" wasn`t it called "City Skies" or something like that,i heard that

there was a real release on "Penthouse"??.

Dave f.......................

link

Yep thats it,Penthouse.Totaly different tune & crap as well.My copy will be in a landfill somewhere,I was well pisssed off when I got it home :thumbsup:

Social source share

My pink copy has  A4KM-4391-1 in the run out together with a stamped Rjoined to a tick.

link

I've only got a pink one at the moment (oops, sorry mother! :thumbsup: ) but I've held the two together before and they were identical. I've had both pink and yellow copies from the States well before eBay days so deffo not boots. I've had a pink and a yellow copy from Canada too so that doesn't make things any clearer.

So are we saying they are about the same rarity and pricewise nowadays?

Godz

Social source share

Guest martyn

I've only got a pink one at the moment (oops, sorry mother! :thumbsup: ) but I've held the two together before and they were identical. I've had both pink and yellow copies from the States well before eBay days so deffo not boots. I've had a pink and a yellow copy from Canada too so that doesn't make things any clearer.

So are we saying they are about the same rarity and pricewise nowadays?

Godz

link

Godz,

I honestly don't know which would be the rarer,Manship values the yellow higher in his latest guide (£100 pink £125 yellow),but how he reached that conclusion only he can say.I wouldnt swop my pink one for a yellow just on this evidence.

Can anyone throw any more light on the City Skys instrumental version ?

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

I'd never had a yellow one before the one I had earlier this year....great record

link

Never seems to get played these days...

post-1832-1118024657_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Guest cC B

I think I have a boot of this somewhere (Chicago sounds), but I can't find it or

remember what it sounded like. Can any of you please post up a RA? Thanks

in advance!

CB

Edited by cC B
Social source share

I think I have a boot of this somewhere (Chicago sounds), but I can't find it or

remember what it sounded like. Can any of you please post up a RA? Thanks

in advance!

CB

link

Christian the Boots have the vocal/Inst on,the Originals have a good flip side called

"Gotta strange feeling" :thumbsup:

Dave f.............

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert