City Limits... Sheffield

A trip up the m1 to my old home of Sheffield.... Me n' Susan made a last minute decision to go after we saw the flyer on the events page, i had not been to a soul nite in Sheff for a long while so off we went...

the venue is very plush...superb large dancefloor (it is a dance studio)... great sound system too! (perhaps a bit too much base ? )

the music was AtB with a good mix for all without too much of any in a row...

mostly brill sounds played all nite long.

a good crowd....very full as the nite moved on and the aircon was welcome as the heat began to grow..

a brilliant nite , very recomended.... :)

a lovely moment for me to see an old pal from my KayGeeBee, Sammies, days

who i lost track of 20 or more years ago....a friend always, and never forgotten. :lol:

Pete n' Susan KTF

Edited by casper
  • Replies 11
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

A trip up the m1 to my old home of Sheffield.... Me n' Susan made a last minute decision to go after we saw the flyer on the events page, i had not been to a soul nite in Sheff for a long while so off we went...

the venue is very plush...superb large dancefloor (it is a dance studio)... great sound system too! (perhaps a bit too much base ? )

the music was AtB with a good mix for all without too much of any in a row...

mostly brill sounds played all nite long.

a good crowd....very full as the nite moved on and the aircon was welcome as the heat began to grow..

a brilliant nite , very recomended.... :)

Pete n' Susan KTF

A very good reflection on the night Pete: Nice to see you there. Thoroughly enjoyed the night, venue reminded us a bit of Ponds Forge and , as you say, very plush! Music was a good mix which kept everyone satisfied I think. Also good to see some of `our local faces` there along with the Sheffield crowd. Yocky was in top form (as ever)! Will definately visit again.

Sharon

What a fantastic venue :) We had a first class night as said before perfect venue. I would like to thank Tony and Cliffe for inviting me to play,great to see lots of our big soul family there, we really enjoyed it. Good crowd infact the whole package bloody marvelous :lol:biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Your hard work is playing off keep doing what you are doing and if anyone wants a great night out on the Northern Scene City Limits is the place to be.

Hope to play at City Limits again sometime.

KTF

Yocky and Jx

Edited by soulcrew
Guest Tony B

What a fantastic venue :boxing: We had a first class night as said before perfect venue. I would like to thank Tony and Cliffe for inviting me to play,great to see lots of our big soul family there, we really enjoyed it. Good crowd infact the whole package bloody marvelous :lol::unsure::ohmy:

Your hard work is playing off keep doing what you are doing and if anyone wants a great night out on the Northern Scene City Limits is the place to be.

Hope to play at City Limits again sometime.

KTF

Yocky and Jx

MASSIVE THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO ATTENDED "CITY LIMITS" LAST NIGHT! HOPE EVERYONE HAD A TOP NIGHT.GREAT SPOTS FROM YOCKY,ANDY BLOOD AND MEL WALKER FINISHING WITH MYSELF.ALWAYS GET A FEW TEETHIN PROBS WITH A NEW VENUE BUT THINK WE PRETTY MUCH SORTED THEM NOW(ON OUR SECOND EVENT)."CITY LIMITS SOUL NIGHTS" WILL HOPEFULLY GO FROM STRENGTH TO STRENGTH AND LOOK FORWARD TO THE MODERN ROOM OPENING IN SEPTEMBER!! PS THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK GUYS,MAKES IT ALL WORTH WHILE!!

TONY B AND BIG CLIFF KEEPIN THE FAITH thumbup.gif:thumbsup:

Guest soul4life

MASSIVE THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO ATTENDED "CITY LIMITS" LAST NIGHT! HOPE EVERYONE HAD A TOP NIGHT.GREAT SPOTS FROM YOCKY,ANDY BLOOD AND MEL WALKER FINISHING WITH MYSELF.ALWAYS GET A FEW TEETHIN PROBS WITH A NEW VENUE BUT THINK WE PRETTY MUCH SORTED THEM NOW(ON OUR SECOND EVENT)."CITY LIMITS SOUL NIGHTS" WILL HOPEFULLY GO FROM STRENGTH TO STRENGTH AND LOOK FORWARD TO THE MODERN ROOM OPENING IN SEPTEMBER!! PS THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK GUYS,MAKES IT ALL WORTH WHILE!!

TONY B AND BIG CLIFF KEEPIN THE FAITH thumbup.gif:thumbsup:

hey up tony, sounds like a great nite! congrats to you & cliff me & jaks defo goin to try & make it down to the home town next time..keep on doin wot your doin mate! have a great weekend say hi to cliff for me & hope too you soon.

regards terry & jacqui :boxing:

Guest martin65

Just liked to say thanks to tony, cliff and the rest of the soul limits team for a excellent night on friday. superb venue , swift service at the bar and i found no problem with the quality of sound.

you guys have got what looks like a great soul night going on keep up the hard work thumbsup.gif

MODERN ROOM BRING IT ON :thumbsup:

Guest Tony B

Just liked to say thanks to tony, cliff and the rest of the soul limits team for a excellent night on friday. superb venue , swift service at the bar and i found no problem with the quality of sound.

you guys have got what looks like a great soul night going on keep up the hard work :thumbup:

MODERN ROOM BRING IT ON thumbup.gif

THANKS PAL,MUCH APPRECIATED thumbsup.gif

Guest Tony B

hey up tony, sounds like a great nite! congrats to you & cliff me & jaks defo goin to try & make it down to the home town next time..keep on doin wot your doin mate! have a great weekend say hi to cliff for me & hope too you soon.

regards terry & jacqui biggrin.gif

ALRIGHT TERRY NICE TO HEAR FROM YOU PAL.YES ITS GOIN WELL,MODERN ROOM OPENING IN SEPTEMBER PAL.KEEP IN TOUCH :thumbup: TONY B

Guest Tony B

hi just like to say we had a great night here at city limits,, great tunes across the board ,,we will be back ,,, well done to all involved ,,,

pete .( bentinck soul club 3rd friday every month .)

MUCH APPRECIATED PETE,TONY B AND BIGG CLIFF KTF! PS WILL TRY TO MAKE YOURS EVEN THO I HAVE A LOCAL THING ON THAT WEEK? TONY B

What a fantastic venue :shades: We had a first class night as said before perfect venue. I would like to thank Tony and Cliffe for inviting me to play,great to see lots of our big soul family there, we really enjoyed it. Good crowd infact the whole package bloody marvelous :shhh::D:thumbup:

Totally agree with Yocky this venue is going to be massive !

Just what Sheffield needs !

The few teething problems from the first night have all been sorted as Tony said they would be !

No problems with the Bar or the sound system and no drinks on the dance floor or handbaggers !

Personally it was great to hear some fantastic oldies and classic sounds which filled the dance floor all night !

Well done you two keep it coming !

Ray & Diane

Thanks for all the positive feedback, we had a great night and sounds like you all did too!! :shades:

Look out for the next one on the 4th June!

Bring your friends or just come along and make new ones!

See you there!

Source Advert