John Manship Auction Results 13th April?

• Replies 15
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Anybody have the results of John's auctions, please?

Not sure about April 13th's Adam :unsure: ....

Can give you May 13th instead tho....

Here you go....

Clydene Jackson - I Need Your Love - Cross Over LP - £118

Don Charles - The Drifter - UK Parlophone - £79

John & Paul - I'm Walkin' (All Alone) - UK London demo - £109

The Jokers - Soul Sound - Sko-Field - £775

Cathy & Cookie - That Man Of Mine b/w Hi Diddle De Diddle - Hit - £90

Ron Baxter - This Is It b/w I've Got To Know - Ole-9 - £459

The Soul Twins - Quick Change Artist b/w Give The Man A Chance - Karen promo - £260

Luther Ingram - If It's All The Same To You b/w Exus Trek - Hib promo - £296

Paul Thompson - Special Kind Of Woman - Volt - £450

Re-Vells - I Want A New Love - Trent Town - £245

Timeless Legend - I Was Born To Love You - Dawn-Lite - £911

Vonciel Myers - It Won't Be Easy b/w But Still I Love You - Gaynote £687

Cody Black - Mr Blue - D-Town - £259

Skye - Ain't No Need - Anada - £115

Jackie Edwards - Some Help Me, Love, My Love And I & Darling - French Disques Vogue EP - £128

Sam Williams - Love Slipped Through My Finders - Tower promo - £892

Edited by vaultofsouler
Social source share

Not sure about April 13th's Adam :ohmy: ....

Can give you May 13th instead tho....

Here you go....

Clydene Jackson - I Need Your Love - Cross Over LP - £118

Don Charles - The Drifter - UK Parlophone - £79

John & Paul - I'm Walkin' (All Alone) - UK London demo - £109

The Jokers - Soul Sound - Sko-Field - £775

Cathy & Cookie - That Man Of Mine b/w Hi Diddle De Diddle - Hit - £90

Ron Baxter - This Is It b/w I've Got To Know - Ole-9 - £459

The Soul Twins - Quick Change Artist b/w Give The Man A Chance - Karen promo - £260

Luther Ingram - If It's All The Same To You b/w Exus Trek - Hib promo - £296

Paul Thompson - Special Kind Of Woman - Volt - £450

Re-Vells - I Want A New Love - Trent Town - £245

Timeless Legend - I Was Born To Love You - Dawn-Lite - £911

Vonciel Myers - It Won't Be Easy b/w But Still I Love You - Gaynote £687

Cody Black - Mr Blue - D-Town - £259

Skye - Ain't No Need - Anada - £115

Jackie Edwards - Some Help Me, Love, My Love And I & Darling - French Disques Vogue EP - £128

Sam Williams - Love Slipped Through My Finders - Tower promo - £892

:lol: i sold one of these not long back for peanuts, :) Does make you wonder sometimes who does buy off these auctions.

Social source share

:ohmy: i sold one of these not long back for peanuts, :lol: Does make you wonder sometimes who does buy off these auctions.

There are up's and downs on Mr Manships auctions at the moment. I have seen The Jokers at £1500 in recent years and regularly at £1000 so there are deals to be had!

Pat

Social source share

There are up's and downs on Mr Manships auctions at the moment. I have seen The Jokers at £1500 in recent years and regularly at £1000 so there are deals to be had!

Pat

Hello Pat,it just makes me wonder if people actually look anywhere else for these records or again is it just an ego thing...something to boast about.

Social source share

Hello Pat,it just makes me wonder if people actually look anywhere else for these records or again is it just an ego thing...something to boast about.

Jim

You would not beleive the number of people out there who have collected for years never having been to a club since the Torch or

Wigan who are not members of SS or have any idea of new sales sites. I was with a dealer one night , when a guy turnes up at his door and spent £3000. Neither of us had seen him on the Midlands soul scene.

Anyway, how the hell are you. Will I see you and the lovelly one at Annesley in June?

ATB

Pat

Social source share

Jim

You would not beleive the number of people out there who have collected for years never having been to a club since the Torch or

Wigan who are not members of SS or have any idea of new sales sites. I was with a dealer one night , when a guy turnes up at his door and spent £3000. Neither of us had seen him on the Midlands soul scene.

Anyway, how the hell are you. Will I see you and the lovelly one at Annesley in June?

ATB

Pat

I know what you mean Pat. I know people in Notts who collect and never go to soul events :lol: The Jackie Edwards i could have saved them a few bob :) . Are you on at Annesley then Pat.. Shall have to get me arse up there then :ohmy:

Social source share

Pat

I think the felt pen on the label had a lot to do with the price Pat.

Social source share

I know what you mean Pat. I know people in Notts who collect and never go to soul events :thumbsup: The Jackie Edwards i could have saved them a few bob :huh: . Are you on at Annesley then Pat.. Shall have to get me arse up there then :unsure:

Yep Jim I am and would be good to see you again.

ATB

Pat

Social source share

Funny that John & Paul record, I've got two off ebay in the last few months, both under £10, sold them both for £60 each, only one person interested both times. One was listed as having a beatles connection :unsure:

Not a bad record that.

Must admit to never having heard it before. Indeed never even knew it existed until I accidentally spotted it on Manship's Auction.

Let me know if you get another Pete. But at your sensible prices and not the silly figures Manship's Auctions seem to attarct.

In fact, do me a favour, any others on English like that that you think I might be interested in, please run them by me, preferably with a sound file. Always interested in my English as you well know.

Cheers mukka.

Social source share

Guest mark shepherd

Timeless Legend for £911? :wicked: Was it a particularly rare press or is this a 'normal' price?

sold mine for £700, vg+ about 6 months ago on here

so i think £911 is a realistic JM auction price

is this 45 really that rare....its seems to pop up now and again

Social source share

Guest taffy

sold mine for £700, vg+ about 6 months ago on here

so i think £911 is a realistic JM auction price

is this 45 really that rare....its seems to pop up now and again

It was £8 on soul bowl list in the 80's Mark,John told me he sold loads of them.A mate of mine who lived near me actually bought two copies off him,he's probably still got them.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert