Dj Stand Up 2

• Replies 107
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hmmm - Dance competition - Shouldnt be a problem - I'll dance in a Modern Soul Stylie (step to the left step to the right) and Smudge can do all the floorwork, that will work a treat.

Very happy to be involved in this event and would like to re iterate

THERE IS NO ISSUE BETWEEN SWEET SOUL AND SOUL FOR HEROES - PETE HAS THE FULL BACKING OF SWEET SOUL NEWARK FOR THIS EVENT AND IS WELCOME TO PROMOTE IT AT SWEET SOUL - I DONT DO POLITICS IT GETS IN THE WAY OF GREAT MUSIC AND GREAT PEOPLE. LETS PUT OUR DIFFERENCES TO ONE SIDE AND CONCENTRATE ON PACKING OUT THIS EVENT. I WOULD EVEN DJ AN OLDIES SPOT TO MAKE SURE I SUPPORTED THIS EVENT (TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY)

Thank's Andy let me say also i have no problem with sweet soul the venue is great and the music policy is spot on .

Hi Guys,

Just want you to know how thrilled we both are to be part of yet another "SOUL FOR HEROES" charity dayer.....and i think its almost time to start shekin me bucket again :g: so heres hoping its even better than the last one....if it possibly can be!! :)

JB & Mart xx

Guest smudgesmith

Hi Guys,

Just want you to know how thrilled we both are to be part of yet another "SOUL FOR HEROES" charity dayer.....and i think its almost time to start shekin me bucket again :yes: so heres hoping its even better than the last one....if it possibly can be!! thumbup.gif

JB & Mart xx

Go on Jelly Baby fill ya buckets :thumbup:

Ok Dancers i have the first two tracks for the dance comp.

!. Marvin Gaye - Come Get To This

2. The Steve Karmen Big Band - Breakaway

still working on 3.

will it be one for Smudge and Andy who knows.

My choices for the dance competition

Sam Butler - I cant get over

Michael Wycoff - Lookin up to you

Bobby Reed - The time is right for love.

That okay Smudge?

That okay Smudge?

we got Marvin's re-activated 70s, sort of old-modern mid tempo smoothy, Jimmy Radcliffe & Steve Karman pure 60s dance, how about a shuffler.... So Is The Sun?, Night Of The Wolf, Keep On Running Away? etc. etc.

Guest smudgesmith

That okay Smudge?

Nice toons!!! I do thing i have just had a little twinge of an old injury. :thumbup: ......yes there it is again and i have only just got up of the settee.Ill take it easy for a day or two and get back to you Andy :ohmy:

still sorting the last few dj's out will contact you soon.

Pete, you know I would love to be there to support you with this one.

But......if all goes to plan we'll be soulin' in sunny Spain - the first chance of a decent break this year due to other commitments.

Good Luck guys, and if my plans fail I'll see you there.

- Kev

Guest smudgesmith

Have a great break in the sun mate, i had put you down for a spot so i will keep it open for you just incase things change.

I will give you a bell sonn

pete

Whats the word on the street Pete......................i assume there is a lot of interest in the Newark dayer?

Im getting into a fitness regime for the dancing comp.......Ive been swimming most days when i get in from work,its been pissing down when Ive fetched the washing in lol :)

Sorry Smudge the computer been down.

Interest in the dayer is growing at a good pace, tickets have just gone on sale, so fingers crossed Newark will again be a cracking dayer and we can make loads of cash of our brave lad's and lasses.

Nice to hear you geting ready fo the dance off.

Edited by caveman

Whats the word on the street Pete......................i assume there is a lot of interest in the Newark dayer?

Im getting into a fitness regime for the dancing comp.......Ive been swimming most days when i get in from work,its been pissing down when Ive fetched the washing in lol :thumbsup:

just step away from those bacon butties and you'll be as fit as a butchers' dog mush! :thumbsup: (I know ... kettle ... pot ... black etc!) :thumbsup:

Guest smudgesmith

just step away from those bacon butties and you'll be as fit as a butchers' dog mush! :thumbsup: (I know ... kettle ... pot ... black etc!) :yes:

Been doing my exercise every morning...........up one two...........then the other leg :lol: come poppy day Ill have it sussed :lol:

Just added to the line up Fingers.

up to date listing on the web site.

www.soulforheroes.webs.com

YESSSSSSssss.. !! good.gif

A great honour to be included, and take part in, what is destined to be an 'Occasion of Particular Note' & HISTORIC importance.. A day that shall forever claim it's own (rightful) position in the Bible (indeed, entire WORLD..) of Rare Soul Music !! yes.gifyes.gifthumbup.gif

Personally pleasing on another level too - sharing the Deckin' Line-Up alongside Top Soul Peeps & Soul Connoisseurs Extraordinaire, that wonderfully dynamic decking duo (and highly respected friends & [Co]-mentors of mine) - Mr & Mrs 'Rare Soul Inc.'Carl & Maria Willingham thumbsup.gif

This is one gig I'm not going to want to miss a MINUTE of, so I think I'll be heading off early..

Wednesday 4th November should do it !! mellow.gifhuh.gifrolleyes.gifsmile.gif

Fingers shades.gif

Oh yes !! Almost forgot.. I'll also be opening my 'Record Bar' for most of the day - probably in the region of 500(ish) 45's on offer. From very cheap to four figure price tags - But all at SENSIBLE prices, and I'm very easy to deal with and encourage open dialogue if a short payment term is required to enable securing THAT want. thumbsup.gif

I'll be sure to take the porta-player & headphones so's peeps can have a listen to any potential items of interest - even if just to satisfy their curiosity & without any intent to make purchase. I'm always happy to assist (in any way I possibly can), with any 'educational' issues that individuals may be interested to satisfy. Even if only to point you in the right direction if it were something I (personally) was unable to assist with directly. smile.gif

On the other side of that same spectrum - I'm always keen to LEARN things of interest to ME, and welcome with open arms other Soulies sharing their knowledge with me. thumbup.gif

Them there Train Spotter's have got NOTHING at all in comparison to the extremes us Soul Music "freaks" will go to in our efforts to sate that thirst for ANY and ALL info - regardless of it's 'Importance' ranking !! g.gifshhh.gifph34r.gif

All good stuff tho'.. yes.gif

Fingers Record Sales Emporium good.gif

Guest smudgesmith

Oh yes !! Almost forgot.. I'll also be opening my 'Record Bar' for most of the day - probably in the region of 500(ish) 45's on offer. From very cheap to four figure price tags - But all at SENSIBLE prices, and I'm very easy to deal with and encourage open dialogue if a short payment term is required to enable securing THAT want. thumbsup.gif

I'll be sure to take the porta-player & headphones so's peeps can have a listen to any potential items of interest - even if just to satisfy their curiosity & without any intent to make purchase. I'm always happy to assist (in any way I possibly can), with any 'educational' issues that individuals may be interested to satisfy. Even if only to point you in the right direction if it were something I (personally) was unable to assist with directly. smile.gif

On the other side of that same spectrum - I'm always keen to LEARN things of interest to ME, and welcome with open arms other Soulies sharing their knowledge with me. thumbup.gif

Them there Train Spotter's have got NOTHING at all in comparison to the extremes us Soul Music "freaks" will go to in our efforts to sate that thirst for ANY and ALL info - regardless of it's 'Importance' ranking !! g.gifshhh.gifph34r.gif

All good stuff tho'.. yes.gif

Fingers Record Sales Emporium good.gif

Will you be serving drinks at this record bar?

Of COURSE, Mr Smudge, Sir.. Some '$oul $hake®s' maybe ?? huh.gif Or perhaps a little '$oul on the Rocks' ?? rolleyes.gif A snifter of 'Whiskey-A-Go-Go' for those NOT driving ?? ph34r.gif Plenty of 'Cool-Aid'.. ?? no.gifno.gif

Think I better stop there whistling.gif

Fingers Outside Catering Inc.. innocent.gif

can you bar me from your bar please johnny, so i don't fall in the fight against temptation! :ohmy:

Guest kev such

time for a bump

Morning Pete.

Do you wanna bring some tickets for the Poppy dayer down with you when you come to the Cream Cracker mate and I'll take them with me to the Wellingborough Alldayer, which is on on the 22nd?

Has your frogman dried out yet?whistling.gif .

Kev

Just giving this the BUMP that it deserves, a perfect way to spend what is likely to be an otherwise grey Sunday in November. If we can make this nearly as succesful as the Sutton in Ashfield gig we will have a fantastic day.

BE THERE

SHOW YOU CARE

countdown to this event !! gonna be blinding as always. I have been spend spend spending lately on some top vinyl tunage for this(after selling my entire collection about 6 yrs ago). not forgetting Debbies' records that includes some belting rare spins and many underplayed classicsthumbsup.gif .

so lets push it , bump it and promote it.... not forgetting as Pete says, give some prizes for the raffle and make even more cash for such a worth while cause!good.gif

yours, a very excited Ian

Guest smudgesmith

Just joined the local Gym in preparation for the Dance comp.Hope Andy Jackson is doing his prep..........

This event is approx`1 month away now and needs all the support it can get........

Source Advert