45 Years Of Loma Records

I thought that some here might appreciate the fact that forty five years ago, on 23rd August 1964, Loma Records was born when it released the first of 106 45s (possibly 105) that would span a four year period. That first 45 was "I never want to dream again (There in a garden)" / "Baby don't look down" by Billy Storm.

In that four years Loma gave us the likes of The Apollas; The Soul Shakers; Dick Jensen & The Imports; Larry Laster: The Olympics; Delilah Kennebruew; Kell Osborne; Linda Jones; Ben Aiken; Lorraine Ellison; Carl Hall and many others... That's not bad going for an underfunded label that had no real sense of identity, house style or commercial success.

Very likely I'm the only sad git marking the occasion :) and just this morning by way of minor tribute I've done a short article that looks at the first year of this wonderful label. If anyone's interested they can find it at:

Discography of Loma Records - 1964

Cheers & Happy Birthday Loma!

Russell

Edited by rigilbert
Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Yes happy birthday, the only label I have ever tried to really collect full run of, got one that evaded me for years and thought I had made it (excluding the non existing(to date) Bob & Earl obviously) but did a check and found I had a few missing, do I chase them or do I admit defeat!!

Absolutely stonking Northern right through the label, but some great general soul and a few great folk records, or at least I am told they are great..

Nice piece.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert