Info On Jimmy Hudson

jocko

Hi, whats the view on the current value for the Jimmy Hudson He Don't Love You 45 on Act IV 2000. John's latest price guide is £500, is this realistic, I have had it for a long time before I realised just how rare a piece it is. Appreciate sometimes the guides are over but they have also been under on some of the less known pieces which I assume this falls under.

This only came to my attention when Tony Parker played it and notice Steve G has played it recently, has it had significant play over the years?? Is it well known?

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi, whats the view on the current value for the Jimmy Hudson He Don't Love You 45 on Act IV 2000. John's latest price guide is £500, is this realistic, I have had it for a long time before I realised just how rare a piece it is. Appreciate sometimes the guides are over but they have also been under on some of the less known pieces which I assume this falls under.

This only came to my attention when Tony Parker played it and notice Steve G has played it recently, has it had significant play over the years?? Is it well known?

Try selling it and see! Didn't Kitch sell one a while back? Never heard it played out much at all, prefer the Conquistadors "Can't Stop Lovin' You" myself, both seem to be hard these days.

Social source share

Try selling it and see! Didn't Kitch sell one a while back? Never heard it played out much at all, prefer the Conquistadors "Can't Stop Lovin' You" myself, both seem to be hard these days.

Yes tony your right. Over the years i have probably had 3 copies of this through my hands. I still think it is a hard record I just think not too well known. Conquistadors is the better racord by far. I did trade one recently which i believe ended up with a well known dj and dealer so it has either been sold on or it is going to increase in value massively..but don't hold ya breath.

Social source share

the jimmy hudson is pretty rare, I think the "what's that" side is better, maybe someone should try playing that side.

Social source share

As an aside, I presume this is the same Jimmy Hudson as had 45's issued on Cle An Thair? I have 'Sometimes the truth sounds better than a Lie' on Cle An Thair which is a nice mid-tempo funky number, and another is in the guide 'Dead in the middle' - any good?

Does any one have any bio details about Jimmy or the Cle An Thair label. Have a few other 45's on the label.

Mike

Social source share

As an aside, I presume this is the same Jimmy Hudson as had 45's issued on Cle An Thair? I have 'Sometimes the truth sounds better than a Lie' on Cle An Thair which is a nice mid-tempo funky number, and another is in the guide 'Dead in the middle' - any good?

Does any one have any bio details about Jimmy or the Cle An Thair label. Have a few other 45's on the label.

Mike

Jimmy mainly managed female groups, he had the Carnations with him on the Act IV record, he later had a group called Spice (who recorded on Cle-an-thair and Sound Gems) and then had Love Devotion and Happiness. I don't know if there were common members between the groups.

Social source share

Jimmy mainly managed female groups, he had the Carnations with him on the Act IV record, he later had a group called Spice (who recorded on Cle-an-thair and Sound Gems) and then had Love Devotion and Happiness. I don't know if there were common members between the groups.

Cheers Boba

I never twigged the Cle-an-thair and Sound Gems Spice were the same group

Social source share

Cheers Boba

I never twigged the Cle-an-thair and Sound Gems Spice were the same group

yeah, although most sound gems things are philly, if you look at it it's written by jimmy hudson and the same other writer that wrote the cle-an-thair 45. i figure it must have been his biggest record because I think it charted nationally.

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

And I thought everyone was ignoring me as usual, missed these replys. Thanks for information and yes Bob I agree that is the better side, I actually put that side up on refosoul but can't find it.

Was toying with flogging it Mr S as have had it 20 odd years and hardly played it, but you know me I need to make a 1000% profit before I can part with anything.......

Watch this space!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert