Wellingborough Alldayer O9

Guest gordon russell

Guest gordon russell

Can,t seem to find the thread telling us how much money was raised for CANCER RESEARCH/RELIEF ...seems it was a brilliant day and lots of positive comments. Over 600+ peeps attending.....must have raised a lot of money for this great charity,maybe it was reported in the local paper? could someone post a clip if it was reported. Sure lots of people who attended would be pleased to know........again great job by the promotersthumbsup.gif atb Tezza

Social source share

• Replies 21
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Can,t seem to find the thread telling us how much money was raised for CANCER RESEARCH/RELIEF ...seems it was a brilliant day and lots of positive comments. Over 600+ peeps attending.....must have raised a lot of money for this great charity,maybe it was reported in the local paper? could someone post a clip if it was reported. Sure lots of people who attended would be pleased to know........again great job by the promotersthumbsup.gif atb Tezza

Can't say i've seen any reports in the local paper myself....but i did see a picture in the Evening Telegraph of a promoter lying on the beach in Barbados sipping a pint with the V sign up! Who said cynicism is dead!!!

Social source share

Hi Tezza,

If you look in lookbacks for the all-dayer you will see what was decided over the money raised on the day or go into the website and that will keep you informed of events.

First of all we would like to say a big thank you to you all for supporting this event and the kind remarks we have received, A BIG THANK YOU.

But at the moment our thoughts are with Julie & family, we have just spoken to Julie and she has informed me to let you all know of the tragic circumstances.

Mark Rubenzer aged 44 died of massive heart attack and there would have been nothing that anybody could have done to save him, but Julie would like to thank all those involved in their efforts to try and save him. Julie also stated that Mark was having a good time surrounded by all his friends and his love of the music.

We have also just come back from a meeting with the management at the Castle over next years event which will take place on the 21st August 2010, as you know this event was going to be in memory of June Leighton who sadly passed away this year and all profits going to Cransley Hospice, but after the tragic circumstances of this year, this also must go ahead in Memory of Mark as well, and to the charity that Julie decides.

We raised this year through the Raffle and the All-Dayer CD in the region of £500.00 as we actually ran out of raffle tickets, will give you the correct amount soon, and we would like to say a big thank you, now i have thought hard & long over the last day and have decided to put the money into a separate high interest account to make money, this will then go with next years amount and be split between the 2 Charities.

Next year we expect more that would like to come, but we are going to cap it at 600 and tickets will go on sale in the website soon. www.freewebs.com/soulinthehind

Kind regards

Kev & Gloria Bourne

Now the total on the day raised was £537.00, but this has now gone up to £652.00 due to selling the Wellingborough All-Dayer CD from the Website, Bury Masonic and at Barnstaple Weekender, this is kept updated in the website for you to see.

Why we are here we have just received confirmation from Cancer research of the money we raised at the Barnstaple Weekender and this will be put into the website later today.

We know that Alan's charity next year will be Cransley Hospice which is part of the cancer research organization and i will contact Julie at a later date to find which charity she wishes to use.

Kev

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

£652 was raised through the raffle ....which was a totally seperate issue.The alldayer promotion clearly stated that all PROFITS were to go to CANCER RELIEF/RESEARCH and l do believe there was a large banner at the event stating this.6 WEEKS have passed and the amount of funds from the PROFITS have not been posted.....why not? thats allthumbsup.gif

Social source share

£652 was raised through the raffle ....which was a totally seperate issue.The alldayer promotion clearly stated that all PROFITS were to go to CANCER RELIEF/RESEARCH and l do believe there was a large banner at the event stating this.6 WEEKS have passed and the amount of funds from the PROFITS have not been posted.....why not? thats allthumbsup.gif

First of all what has it got to do with you? you were not even there,don't know why we have to explain on here when we have explained it all in the website.

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

No need for a negative tone mate,just asking a question......you advertised heavily on SOUL SOURCE at every opertunity for your event nowt wrong with that and it clearly said all profits for CANCER RELIEF/RESEARCH.....yet after 6 weeks...nothing about it,til you are prompted......by the way looking at the pictures it looked great,not seen a place that packed for years and friends of mine that did go said it was a blinding day.....we were going to come,but l woke up with a bad headache that wouldn't go away......atb tezzathumbsup.gif

Social source share

No need for a negative tone mate,just asking a question......you advertised heavily on SOUL SOURCE at every opertunity for your event nowt wrong with that and it clearly said all profits for CANCER RELIEF/RESEARCH.....yet after 6 weeks...nothing about it,til you are prompted......by the way looking at the pictures it looked great,not seen a place that packed for years and friends of mine that did go said it was a blinding day.....we were going to come,but l woke up with a bad headache that wouldn't go away......atb tezzathumbsup.gif

Not been negative, put all the details in the website over it, as there were rumors going around that we made thousands from the event, First i have never run a event as a business, like i said i put all the details in our website, to run an event that size does not come cheap and to tell you the truth we only just covered the costs, with a little over which will go towards the final balance on the venue.

You can believe it or not that is your choice, but as we have said in the website all you have to do is ring me and i will give you a breakdown of the cost for such an event.

Now my aim is for next year i hope is to make a large sum for the 2 charities and we now have £652.00 at the moment, my target is £2,000 plus.

KTF

Kev

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

The point is you used SOUL SCOURCE well enough to promote your event for CANCER RESEARCH/RELIEF........then don't bother to use SOUL SCOURCE to tell all the soulies that went.........that in essence.......there is NO money for CANCER RESEARCH/RELIEF .....AS IT ALL WENT ON ADMINISTRATION......well there we have it 600 punters no money fair enough thumbsup.gif that will deffo put many peoples minds to rest ....is that the same for BARNSTABLE? which l believe was a sell out.........atb keep up the good work tezza

Social source share

The point is you used SOUL SCOURCE well enough to promote your event for CANCER RESEARCH/RELIEF........then don't bother to use SOUL SCOURCE to tell all the soulies that went.........that in essence.......there is NO money for CANCER RESEARCH/RELIEF .....AS IT ALL WENT ON ADMINISTRATION......well there we have it 600 punters no money fair enough thumbsup.gif that will deffo put many peoples minds to rest ....is that the same for BARNSTABLE? which l believe was a sell out.........atb keep up the good work tezza

Look in lookbacks :wanker:

Social source share

Total blockhead!...full of negativity as always...thank fcuk that (in your little mind).. there isn't a decent soul night on in Northants or you would have to do a loop round Newcastle so you could say ...ive travelled such and such miles to attend ....that makes me a real soul fan!! PLONKER!!!!

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

had a look in lookbacks can't see where it says how much of the profit has gone to CANCER RELIEF/RESEARCH...........only asked a question and been unable to get a satisfactory reply........just abuse ......atb tezza

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Total blockhead!...full of negativity as always...thank fcuk that (in your little mind).. there isn't a decent soul night on in Northants or you would have to do a loop round Newcastle so you could say ...ive travelled such and such miles to attend ....that makes me a real soul fan!! PLONKER!!!!

nice onethumbup.gif

Social source share

I think Tes has made a fair point, and asked a fair question.

If an event has been advertised as all profits going to charity which is highly commendable gesture, then it's reasonable to expect that to be the case. I've checked on the events lookback thread, and unless I've misunderstood, a total of 567 pounds was made from the raffle and CD sales, and that's the amount now held pending a decision on the charity. I couldn't find any mention of other profits made from the 600 attendees who each paid 6 pounds entry.

Social source share

If an event has been advertised as all profits going to charity which is highly commendable gesture, then it's reasonable to expect that to be the case. I've checked on the events lookback thread, and unless I've misunderstood, a total of 567 pounds was made from the raffle and CD sales, and that's the amount now held pending a decision on the charity. I couldn't find any mention of other profits made from the 600 attendees who each paid 6 pounds entry.

First of all we have stated in our website on all these issues, but now we are here we will explain to you all.

Short Breakdown

Total outgoing £3,355.00

Total incoming £3,566.00

Total for 2010 Charities is £642.00 due to selling 15 more CDs through website and at Bury (at our cost)

Total now at £652.00 due to sale of another couple of CDs

Also the 40CDs we sold on the day with the car stickers was also at our cost.

All CDs at our cost.

Advertising throughout the year for this event does not come cheap, we had 2 big adverts in Manifesto and another big advert in the Bridlington mag, then there is the flyers, it costs us around £20.00 in ink to run 200 off and i must have sent out over the year 10,000 flyers, we have not accounted for them all, so something else at our cost.

Kitty for 2010 All-Dayer £183.00, this came about by one DJ who never turned up on the day through illness.

Please Remember at OUR COSTS:

TIME throughout the year promoting this event, making flyers & tickets, free badges, free car stickers and not to mention the numerous phonecalls and meetings with venue staff.

Myself & Gloria have worked very hard to get this all-dayer where it is today, and we should not have to come on our website and explain our actions, but when we have allegations being said behind our backs, we have no choice.

Costs: Venue hire, DJs, Sound Systems, Security & Door, Advertising, Hotel, Wristbands, Ink & Paper, Stamps, Envelopes & Deposit for 2010 venue.

We just wanted to put the record straight before anyone else makes any more allegations.

Regards

Kev & Gloria Bourne

Social source share

Guest Tom Walsh

Totally agree!

Social source share

Guest soulful ady

What is this a WITCH HUNT,We know Kev & Gloria very well and 100's more will back them up,they do lots of work for cancer and all there soul events raise money for said causes,weather it be £5 or £500.

They have explained were the money went,what more do you lot want.

I For life of me can't understand what u want,it's like being back at school.

Kev,Gloria Keep up the GREAT WORK U BOTH DO,PLEASE DON'T LOSE HEART,JUST BECAUSE OFF A FEW SIMPLE MINDED FOLK,WHO HAVE LOST THE SOULFUL FAITH.

All the best Ady n Mag's. X

Social source share

Short Breakdown

Total outgoing £3,355.00

Total incoming £3,566.00

I don't think anyone on here is making allegations, just asking a question.

If the costs of the all-dayer were genuinely 3,355 then fair enough, but you've got to agree your costs were extremely high for a single all-day event. Could you not have asked DJs to provide services for free given the charitiable cause ?

Edited by Wrongcrowd
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

What is this a WITCH HUNT,We know Kev & Gloria very well and 100's more will back them up,they do lots of work for cancer and all there soul events raise money for said causes,weather it be £5 or £500.

They have explained were the money went,what more do you lot want.

I For life of me can't understand what u want,it's like being back at school.

Kev,Gloria Keep up the GREAT WORK U BOTH DO,PLEASE DON'T LOSE HEART,JUST BECAUSE OFF A FEW SIMPLE MINDED FOLK,WHO HAVE LOST THE SOULFUL FAITH.

All the best Ady n Mag's. X

this is by no means a whitch hunt.....l for one don't know this fella at all and have never posted anything bad about his venues.........the question was merely how much from the profits have gone to cancer research........this just requires one of two replies an amount or no amount........there are no allegations......wish i'd never asked in the first place,but lots of folk seem to be talking about it......sorry if i,ve upset anyone atb tezza

Social source share