What Are You Gonna Do When Your Gone?

Just a thought that I have on a regular basis, What will happen to your records when you depart this mortal coil?

I am seriously thinking of having mine burried with me, but with 15000 records in all, I'd have to have a tomb the size of Tutankhamun :yes:

I couldn't trust the wife with them, she'd give 'em to the local charity shop and be glad to see the back of 'em.

Anyway, just like to hear your thoughts.

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Matt Male

Just a thought that I have on a regular basis, What will happen to your records when you depart this mortal coil?

I am seriously thinking of having mine burried with me, but with 15000 records in all, I'd have to have a tomb the size of Tutankhamun tumbleweed3.gif

I couldn't trust the wife with them, she'd give 'em to the local charity shop and be glad to see the back of 'em.

Don't have them buried with you, that's like throwing them in a skip. They need to be around for others to enjoy. I hope mine would be passed on to a reputable dealer, if my family needs the money, or given away to friends if they don't. Once the owner slips this mortal coil they all need to go back into the scene in my opinion to be enjoyed by others. thumbup.gif

Social source share

Don't have them buried with you, that's like throwing them in a skip. They need to be around for others to enjoy. I hope mine would be passed on to a reputable dealer, if my family needs the money, or given away to friends if they don't. Once the owner slips this mortal coil they all need to go back into the scene in my opinion to be enjoyed by others. thumbup.gif

Don't worry my friend, there is a plan in place for your records already whistling.gif. Cup of tea?? Water quality is not brilliant around here so there is a slightly bitter taste but still very enjoyable and certainly nothing to worry about......

Social source share

wicked.gifDoes it really matter what happens to your records after you gone? the debate goes on and on, but it doesn't really matter, the only thing that does matter is that you enjoy them while you are still here, remember also if you didn't collect soul music you would still spend the money on something else, whether it's another hobby, holiday, doing the house up or whatever. wicked.gifwhistling.gifthumbsup.gif

Social source share

I am seriously thinking of having mine burried with me, but with 15000 records in all, I'd have to have a tomb the size of Tutankhamun tumbleweed3.gif

Steve ,you've got ten yrs on me ,i know we've not yet met ,but as a soul fan ,and out of respect i will probably come along to see you off ,maybe stop over the night whistling.gif

And leave in the morning with my shovel and wellies in the back of a big vantongue.gif

Social source share

Heheh! Excellent, and thanks for inviting yourself to my funeral.

I think it does mattey what happemns to your records when you leave, even if it's just for your peace of mind while you are here.

I think I may open a record shop called 'Dead man's records' so if someone dies and hasn't left their records to anyone, the next of kin can drop them off and let me take care of them.

How does this look?

tdwb.jpg

Edited by steveluigi
Social source share

Heheh! Excellent, and thanks for inviting yourself to my funeral.

I think it does mattey what happemns to your records when you leave, even if it's just for your peace of mind while you are here.

I think I may open a record shop called 'Dead man's records' so if someone dies and hasn't left their records to anyone, the next of kin can drop them off and let me take care of them.

How does this look?

tdwb.jpg

Hey up Steve

It sounds like you've given this a lot of serious thought g.gif

Now that is worrying laugh.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!