Opinions Wanted - Su Kramer - You've Got The Power

Guest soulmaguk

Guest soulmaguk

Su Kramer - You've Got The Power (part1). I know it was only played a few times in the 70s it says so on the sleeve it came in, but what's your opinions on it. Should it be revived as a Northern Soul spin? is it being revived somewhere at the moment?

jock.

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest soulmaguk

It's a 70s euro disco classic, isn't it?

Clip on YouTube of Su Kramer:

Here's Camouflage's version:

https://www.youtube.c...h?v=sSQmAGhRalM

Euro Disco it maybe seen in certain circles, Cookie Jackson is R&B, The Deadbeats is Garage. The roullette version is certainly more easier on the ear. But would the powers that be judge this track as a Northern Soul play-out.

Social source share

Su Kramer - You've Got The Power (part1). I know it was only played a few times in the 70s it says so on the sleeve it came in, but what's your opinions on it. Should it be revived as a Northern Soul spin? is it being revived somewhere at the moment?

jock.

It's a german production I'm ashamed to admit...

Social source share

Guest soulmaguk

Are there a "powers that be" I thought that was the floor.

Personally think it is a little to much Euro disco than soulful, so nil points from the Nottm judgethumbsup.gif

Yes, there are a 'powers that be' Notts judge. How can hunderds or thousands of people rush onto a dancefloor to Sidney Barnes's Solid Ground record or get into Duffy without the powers that be decide it's Northern Soul record.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert