Alternate Takes

• Replies 59
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Yep that was it. I'm not convinced it ever existed!

link

love is serious business by 70,s cabaret star grace kennedy, the best version of i cant Break the news by tom jones (honest its ace) slipping around by clarence carter (original version?), picture me gone by dave berry and finally the brilliant (not) our love is in the pocket, i dont want to disscuss it by the amen corner

Social source share

Richie Havens - I can't make it anymore better than Spyder imo.

Thought Tom Jones - I can't break the news - was good until I heard Ben E King. Top 5 in wants. #1 is the cash to buy them :lol:

link

didn't Paul Jones do a decent version of 'I can't break the news to myself'???

Also heard a Georgie Fame version of 'Stormy' played out - much better than the insipid Ms Ross effort :lol:

Social source share

Ever been surprised to find that there's another version of your favourite track, thats at least as good. Here's a couple of alternative versions for starters.

All comments appreciated, but mp3s are much better........otherwise its as much fun as a trip to the library.

Col.

link

this has really grown on me since first hearing it last year.

Social source share

Ever been surprised to find that there's another version of your favourite track, thats at least as good. Here's a couple of alternative versions for starters.

All comments appreciated, but mp3s are much better........otherwise its as much fun as a trip to the library.

Col.

link

Social source share

Col.

link

album track only?

Social source share

Col.

link

album track only?

Social source share

Guest rachel

Why should people not have the bottle to play it? look how popular Eddie Bishop was :) and it didn´t even have vocals!

Steve

link

Lovely as it is, would have thought Bobby Womack a bit too chilled out for most soul do's... first heard it on that car ad that was out last year :yes:

Social source share

Col.

link

album track only?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert