• Replies 7
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Just a little aside on this:

Larry Patterson (Rockorocket on this site) joined and pm'd me after seeing Call On Me on my playlist.

Larry had a band called the Up-Set who did a bit of studio work, including backing on this tune. He was reminiscing that the four black guys who

made up the Presentations couldn't hit the high notes and that they were done by the Up-Set lead vocalist Joey Guarino.

Nice tune - I'm hanging on to mine.

-Kev

Edited by KevinKent
Social source share

Thanks for the info. I actually prefer the Four Reputations on Millage (same group), one of my all time faves, but this is almost as good. Rate the record at more than £50 and it's not an easy one to find these days. It will have its day again.

Hi Chalky,

Is there that much difference between the two recordings ? I'm with you on the £50 valuation. Tough record to find.

Don

Social source share

Hi Chalky,

Is there that much difference between the two recordings ? I'm with you on the £50 valuation. Tough record to find.

Don

not rally Don, mainly the backing vocals I think. Main thing is the price whistling

Here's a minute and half of the Presentations in refosoul, if I get chance I'll record the full take later....

PRESENTATIONS - CALL ON ME -

and the Four reputations.

FOUR REPUTATIONS - CALL ON ME - MILLAGE -

Social source share

not rally Don, mainly the backing vocals I think. Main thing is the price whistling

Here's a minute and half of the Presentations in refosoul, if I get chance I'll record the full take later....

PRESENTATIONS - CALL ON ME -

and the Four reputations.

FOUR REPUTATIONS - CALL ON ME - MILLAGE -

As you say Chalky, not much of a difference between the two, just the price. I'll stick with my copy of the Presentations thumbsup.gif

Don

The Wilton

@

The New Wheatsheaf

Altofs Lane,Whitwood,Castleford,WF10 5QB

March 5th

17th Anniversary and 100th Allnighter

&

In Memory Of

Jerry Brown

Social source share

Source Advert