Riverside Soul Club,southport, Bank Holiday All-Dayer

Mrtag

RIVERSIDE SOUL CLUB BANK HOLIDAY ALL-DAYER MONDAY 3RD MAY 2010 EXTENDED OPENING TIMES!! NOW 2AM UNTIL MIDNIGHT

A GREAT VENUE!! NOT TO BE MISSED ALL-DAYER, HUGE DANCEFLOOR LOADS OF TABLES AND SEATING, SUPERB IN-HOUSE SOUND SYSTEM EXCELLENT ON SITE FACILITIES. BAR OPEN ALL DAY!!beer.gif HOT AND COLD FOOD SERVED FROM CAFETERIA NEXT DOOR (PART OF COMPLEX) MASSIVE CAR PARK. ACROSS THE BOARD MUSIC POLICY ANYTHING FROM MOTOWN,OLDIES,R'n'B, CURRENT FLOORPACKERS AND RARE SOUNDS, JUST ASK IF WE HAVE IT WE WILL PLAY IT!!whistling.gif DJ'S CONFIRMED FOR THE DAY ARE AS FOLLOWS:

RIK WILLIAMS, JOHN HORRITT, STEVE CURRY, SHAUN FITTON, WIGAN PAUL, JOHN EDGE. HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL DOWN THERE MONDAY thumbsup.gif HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND biggrin.gif

• Replies 39
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

RIVERSIDE SOUL CLUB BANK HOLIDAY ALL-DAYER MONDAY 3RD MAY 2010 EXTENDED OPENING TIMES!! NOW 2AM UNTIL MIDNIGHT

A GREAT VENUE!! NOT TO BE MISSED ALL-DAYER, HUGE DANCEFLOOR LOADS OF TABLES AND SEATING, SUPERB IN-HOUSE SOUND SYSTEM EXCELLENT ON SITE FACILITIES. BAR OPEN ALL DAY!!beer.gif HOT AND COLD FOOD SERVED FROM CAFETERIA NEXT DOOR (PART OF COMPLEX) MASSIVE CAR PARK. ACROSS THE BOARD MUSIC POLICY ANYTHING FROM MOTOWN,OLDIES,R'n'B, CURRENT FLOORPACKERS AND RARE SOUNDS, JUST ASK IF WE HAVE IT WE WILL PLAY IT!!whistling.gif DJ'S CONFIRMED FOR THE DAY ARE AS FOLLOWS:

RIK WILLIAMS, JOHN HORRITT, STEVE CURRY, SHAUN FITTON, WIGAN PAUL, JOHN EDGE. HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL DOWN THERE MONDAY thumbsup.gif HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND biggrin.gif

Had a great time Friday really looking forward to the dayer!! H

Hi guys.

I have had someone ask me if the second rare room will be open?

Hi Joan, Not 100% sure yet as the family room is being redecorated and with it being a bank holiday we think they will use the back room to replace the family room!! but we will have decks on standby !! will know better tomorrow or Wednesday keep watching or I will ring you and let you know!! But there will be some rare/lesser played sounds played on Monday. Nice to hear from you and I will get back to you ASAP. You can always bring a box down with you I am sure we will find a spot for you!!!

Hi Joan, Not 100% sure yet as the family room is being redecorated and with it being a bank holiday we think they will use the back room to replace the family room!! but we will have decks on standby !! will know better tomorrow or Wednesday keep watching or I will ring you and let you know!! But there will be some rare/lesser played sounds played on Monday. Nice to hear from you and I will get back to you ASAP. You can always bring a box down with you I am sure we will find a spot for you!!!

Unfortunately I can't make it.

A couple of friends of mine asked me to ask you as they are not members on here.

Sorry we're going to miss this one, and the one on Friday night.

We'll be away on our jollies but hope all goes well for you,

Carol & Chris

Sorry to hear you can't make it but have a good time on your hols and Hopefully we will see you when you get back!!

Sorry to hear you can't make it but have a good time on your hols and Hopefully we will see you when you get back!!

Hi, Sorry I haven't been back in touch but I've not been feeling to good!! had to have a day of work!! which is not like me. I'm just of for some medicine I will catch you later!!H

Hi, Sorry I haven't been back in touch but I've not been feeling to good!! had to have a day of work!! which is not like me. I'm just of for some medicine I will catch you later!!H

Hi, Sorry to hear that !! I will try to get hold of you later I have phoned you a couple of Times, I am just waiting for julie to pick up some flyers then I can get some food sorted!! Catch you later I hope. J

Guest REVILOT

A GREAT VENUE!! NOT TO BE MISSED ALL-DAYER, HUGE DANCEFLOOR LOADS OF TABLES AND SEATING, SUPERB IN-HOUSE SOUND SYSTEM EXCELLENT ON SITE FACILITIES. BAR OPEN ALL DAY!!:beer: HOT AND COLD FOOD SERVED FROM CAFETERIA NEXT DOOR (PART OF COMPLEX) MASSIVE CAR PARK. ACROSS THE BOARD MUSIC POLICY ANYTHING FROM MOTOWN,OLDIES,R'n'B, CURRENT FLOORPACKERS AND RARE SOUNDS, JUST ASK IF WE HAVE IT WE WILL PLAY IT!!whistling DJ'S CONFIRMED FOR THE DAY ARE AS FOLLOWS:

RIK WILLIAMS, JOHN HORRITT, STEVE CURRY, SHAUN FITTON, WIGAN PAUL, JOHN EDGE. HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL DOWN THERE MONDAY thumbsup.gif HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND :D

Looking forward to this Hone:yes:. Last Friday was an Houtstanding night with a very healthy crowd, at least in numbers LOL.:ohmy:

The extension of the Hopening times looks like a good move to me.:D

See you all then

John ( Hless ) Orritt . thumbsup.gif

Looking forward to this Honeyes.gif. Last Friday was an Houtstanding night with a very healthy crowd, at least in numbers LOL.ohmy.gif

The extension of the Hopening times looks like a good move to me.biggrin.gif

See you all then

Hi John, I don't know where that H came from sorry mate I can't even get back in to edit it!! J.hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh look there it goes again the little bugger I must change this keyboard or get some thinner gloves!!

Guest REVILOT

Hi John, I don't know where that H came from sorry mate I can't even get back in to edit it!! J.hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh look there it goes again the little bugger I must change this keyboard or get some thinner gloves!!

Its hOK buddy.thumbsup.gif

I had no hobjections and was not houtraged.hatsoff2.gif

I guess you were hoblivious to your hobvious mistake.yes.gif

I just wish John Hedge was doing a spot L.hO.L.

H.V.H.

OK

Time to drop the H subject I guess or I will become like Joan, jumping in with bloody egg jokes again.no.gif

Keep Hon Keeping Hon

Jon. - with a h biggrin.gif

Looking forward to this Honeyes.gif. Last Friday was an Houtstanding night with a very healthy crowd, at least in numbers LOL.ohmy.gif

The extension of the Hopening times looks like a good move to me.biggrin.gif

See you all then

Well, 2am until midnight is pretty extensive biggrin.gif 22 hours of quality soul music. Are ya sure 6 dj's is enough? Wigan Paul's "friend" might be available for a six hour shift, double-time of course laugh.gif

Enjoy yerselves, I really enjoyed double-deckin with Paul last friday. Thanks to Rik for the opportunity and to those folks that kept the floor busy and anyone else that enjoyed it.

Have a crackin' day thumbup.gif

Oh, and I can't remember who played it last friday but thanks for the Herb Ward-Strange Change. Nice one thumbsup.gif

Edited by Blunny

Its hOK buddy.thumbsup.gif

I had no hobjections and was not houtraged.hatsoff2.gif

I guess you were hoblivious to your hobvious mistake.yes.gif

I just wish John Hedge was doing a spot L.hO.L.

H.V.H.

OK

Time to drop the H subject I guess or I will become like Joan, jumping in with bloody egg jokes again.no.gif

Keep Hon Keeping Hon

Jon. - with a h biggrin.gif

Hok Hok I get the messHHHHage I guess I 'm gonna have to stop drinking the bottled water and get back on the lager as it mixin' me up!! I could always go back to the cockney accent I never ad an aitch then if you know what I mean!! John

Edited by mrtag

Well, 2am until midnight is pretty extensive biggrin.gif 22 hours of quality soul music. Are ya sure 6 dj's is enough? Wigan Paul's "friend" might be available for a six hour shift, double-time of course laugh.gif

Enjoy yerselves, I really enjoyed double-deckin with Paul last friday. Thanks to Rik for the opportunity and to those folks that kept the floor busy and anyone else that enjoyed it.

Oh, and I can't remember who played it last friday but thanks for the Herb Ward-Strange Change. Nice one thumbsup.gif

URGENT PLEASE NOTE SHOULD READ FROM 2.00PM TIL MIDNIGHT ( NOT 2.00AM AS STATED ON THIS POST )SEE EVENTS CALENDAR FOR FULL DETAILS!!! Thanks for that one blunny!! I gotta leave that damn Evian water alone It goes straight to my head!! better stick to the Export, does less damage!! I think 22 hours of soul music is just great!!But Oh those poor bar staff and think of the hangovers!! Hands up on the Herb Ward-Strange Change as Well!!rolleyes.gif

Hi Blunny, I tried to send you an email earlier but your email is switched off can you try to contact me ASAP, mine is switched back on now and so is Helens I tried a few others this morning !! all had the same problem was working last night ok but not today anyway sorted now try and email me or get my number off paul!! Cheers John.

Hi Blunny, I tried to send you an email earlier but your email is switched off can you try to contact me ASAP, mine is switched back on now and so is Helens I tried a few others this morning !! all had the same problem was working last night ok but not today anyway sorted now try and email me or get my number off paul!! Cheers John.

Hi John,

Saw Rik last night at Monaco and had a chat with him. All sorted. See ya tomorrow for a crackin' day thumbup.gif

I'll try and nip in for a couple of hours mate. Good to see this venue going from strength to strength thumbsup.gif

Hi Phil, Couldn't get back to you last night as we went to Lancaster putting flyers out for tomorrows all-dayer!! The back room will definitely be open soon not sure about tomorrow!! but one of the owners is in so we will find out then, we will be taking 2 spare decks just in case. The redecoration of that room has come at bad time really as the numbers in the front now warrant the opening of the backroom, like I say it's only a matter of time!! keep the box on standby!! look forward to seeing you tomorrow. John

Hi John,

Saw Rik last night at Monaco and had a chat with him. All sorted. See ya tomorrow for a crackin' day thumbup.gif

Glad to hear that!! see you tomorrow!!!! please turn your Email back on then I can contact you without having to put it on here!! John

Guest motown-vinyl

Hi John,

Hi Blunny, looking forward to your spot tomorrow. You and Wigan Paul did a great spot with almost no notice!

Rik

Guest REVILOT

Hi Blunny, looking forward to your spot tomorrow. You and Wigan Paul did a great spot with almost no notice!

Rik

Should be a cracker tomorrow and if we get the usual rain on a Bank Holiday it could be a packer:)

Guest REVILOT

Any chance of the DJ times please?

Might be able to pop along for a couple of hours if I behave myself laugh.gif

Joan, It's too late to change now thumbsup.gif -

Hang on a mo - what are the DJ times?????

Is Rik there?????

Any chance of the DJ times please?

Might be able to pop along for a couple of hours if I behave myself laugh.gif

This is just a rough guide but will not be far off!! the later spots will depend on the crowd !!!

2 til 3 Rik Williams

3 til 4 John edge

4 til 5 john Orritt

5 til 6 Steve Curry

6 til 7 Shaun Fitton

7 til 8 blunny

8 til 9 paul

9 til 10 John Edge

10til 11 TBC

11 til 12 RIK

Guest REVILOT

ooops better get to bed if I have to be up and be there for 4 :laugh:

Looking forward to it and I am bringing a few hundred 45s to sell off for next to nothing, bit of a spring clean :D:D

Rik

Cheers Rik,

Ah well ya see, Paul's a top bloke, he made it easy for me. Nerves soon went being next to one of the best thumbsup.gif

Off to see if the Latics can impress me into renewing me season ticket again. 10 minutes against Arsenal (sorry Shaun whistling.gifbiggrin.gif ) hasn't fully justified it yet.

See ya after the match, hopefully with a smile on me face.

Really looking forward to it thumbup.gif

Cheers Rik,

Ah well ya see, Paul's a top bloke, he made it easy for me. Nerves soon went being next to one of the best thumbsup.gif

Off to see if the Latics can impress me into renewing me season ticket again. 10 minutes against Arsenal (sorry Shaun whistling.gifbiggrin.gif ) hasn't fully justified it yet.

See ya after the match, hopefully with a smile on me face.

Really looking forward to it thumbup.gif

bloody hell blunny folks are going to think we are a couple o shirt lfters mate yes.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Source Advert