Soul On The Square May 15Th

Guest Siy

No need to say much about the night, if you were there you know what kind of night it was... Thanks to everyone who made the night special .. Big thanks to Little Ian & Dave Duplock for their Fantastic Floor Filling guest slots and to Niomi for Her help..

Hope to see you all back in September .. Siy

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

A true gem of a night!!!

Loads of people and a busy dancefloor, great soundsystem, it surprised me! A few civilians, who all acted respectful towards the dancers, enjoyed themselves and seemed to be well impressed with the whole deal.

Never seen this venue before, very good dancefloor, just goes to show there's more venues out there yet to be discovered (or has this venue been well used in the past?).

Met a lot of new people, it's not often anymore when you go to a northern do and hardly recognize anyone, lots of to me unknown/new people - the soul scene stagnant?! Not at all!

Get yourselves down to Soul on the Square in September, i will definitely get down, very fun! Thanks to all involved...

Marcus Hjoberg

A true gem of a night!!!

Loads of people and a busy dancefloor, great soundsystem, it surprised me! A few civilians, who all acted respectful towards the dancers, enjoyed themselves and seemed to be well impressed with the whole deal.

Never seen this venue before, very good dancefloor, just goes to show there's more venues out there yet to be discovered (or has this venue been well used in the past?).

Met a lot of new people, it's not often anymore when you go to a northern do and hardly recognize anyone, lots of to me unknown/new people - the soul scene stagnant?! Not at all!

Get yourselves down to Soul on the Square in September, i will definitely get down, very fun! Thanks to all involved...

Marcus Hjoberg

Thanks for the kind words Macke, was indeed a great night and hope to see you back on 11th September mate!

Jim

graham and i had a wonderful night! thumbsup.gif

we didnt know what to expect as we had not been before and had only been handed the flyer that morning - fate huh? great little venue, easy to get to (and park), lovely friendly crowd - great to see Marcus wink.gif and meet Maxine for the first time.

we will definately be back for the next one!

Cracking night. As Marcus said there were loads of people there that I'd never seen before who, if they weren't soulies to start with, learned how to dance very quickly. Busier than the launch night as well which looks good for the future. Well done lads.

Cracking night. As Marcus said there were loads of people there that I'd never seen before who, if they weren't soulies to start with, learned how to dance very quickly. Busier than the launch night as well which looks good for the future. Well done lads.

I agree with that too Warren - nice venue (the two separate floors work well), good numbers, new faces, good location - a very good night indeed.

For me I really enjoyed my early set - people dancing at 9 o'clock to one of my sets - unheard of lol and my second set flew by, which is a sure sign of enjoying myself. Good to DJ with Little Ian again and the other lads.

I must apologise to Marcus - we've met before out in God's Own Country (Walthamstow) at Tim Fullers 'Fingerpopping' and I spent all night thinking 'I know that bloke ffrom somewhere' and never got chance to chat to him to find out!

There were about 10 down from Walls of Heartache, all of whom seemed to have a good time.

Well done chaps, looking forward to the next one.

Dave

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

SOUNDS LIKE ANOTHER GOOD NIGHT AT SOUL ON THE SQUARE

SHAME I MISSED IT BUT NT EVEN I COULD GET OUT OF A WEDDING laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

BE BACK FOR THE SEPT 11th DO CHAPS, WITH MORE TUNES AND LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING A FEW NEW FACES

THANKS FOR ALL THE COMMENTS KEEP 'EM COMING

SEE YOU ALL IN SEPT

STEBBO

Guest ciara

I agree with that too Warren - nice venue (the two separate floors work well), good numbers, new faces, good location - a very good night indeed.

For me I really enjoyed my early set - people dancing at 9 o'clock to one of my sets - unheard of lol and my second set flew by, which is a sure sign of enjoying myself. Good to DJ with Little Ian again and the other lads.

I must apologise to Marcus - we've met before out in God's Own Country (Walthamstow) at Tim Fullers 'Fingerpopping' and I spent all night thinking 'I know that bloke ffrom somewhere' and never got chance to chat to him to find out!

There were about 10 down from Walls of Heartache, all of whom seemed to have a good time.

Well done chaps, looking forward to the next one.

Dave

good to see you dave. good early set mate thats why they were dancing early also set the tone for the evening .good to catch up with the boogaloos and a big thanks to all for asking me to dj had a cracking nite. see ya in september

little! ian

A true gem of a night!!!

Marcus Hjoberg

Not sure if it's been used before but i did go down for a look a couple of years ago when looking for a new venue for Solid Hit, there are plenty of venues out there but finding the right one in the right place at the right price is very very difficult. Some are just ridiculously expensive,one that holds 150 wanted 5 grand over the bar for a christmas eventohmy.gif

Guest CHRIS R

Thanks for all your great comments guys, it's good to get some feedback about the nite (especially when its all positive). It really was a great nite, good mix of dj's playing some top tunes, good mixed crowd of old and new faces, everything added together made a really good atmosphere..thumbsup.gif

Thanks again for all your support..see you all at the next do.. Sept 11th...

Chris.

Thanks for all your great comments guys, it's good to get some feedback about the nite (especially when its all positive). It really was a great nite, good mix of dj's playing some top tunes, good mixed crowd of old and new faces, everything added together made a really good atmosphere..thumbsup.gif

Chris.

I agree Dave, some venues are taking the ****, thankfully The Square Pig is not one of them. It has a progressive manangement who realise that times are hard and in order to attract people in they have to be competitive.

Thanks to all who turned up and enjoyed what was a great night.

See you all in sept for another top night, wartch out for the latest flyers which will be doing the rounds at the various venues in the next few months or even join us on facebook 'soul on the square'

Happy days

Stebbo

thumbsup.gifhatsoff2.gif

post-8448-12744308571304_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stebbo

Chris.

thumbsup.gif

Source Advert