Southampton All-Dayer

Bit brief but just got up !!!!!!!

but I better start it off,,,,,,,,,

Well done Alfie and crew,

Cracking day,

Cracking evening,

Got there early (3.30) and it was already filling up,

Lovely sprung floor in an ideal venue,

Oxford was well represented with no less than 10 of us there (11, including Colin the dog, hahahaha)

Musically, something for everyone, yes, I have to admit I even liked the modern,

Great selection of DJ's

For me a few that got me going were,

Stanky, Get Funky, - Billie Davis

Love and Understanding - Magicians

and,,,

Undivided Love - Eskew Reeder (a fav, that always reminds me of a late friend, Dave Bailey)

Met lots of new friends, Most in the toilet, as I was drinking pints of Coke YUK !!!! lol.

Once again, many thanks Alfie for a great day

Looking forward to Moldies youtube and Mark's photos

Del,

For:-

Richie, Paul, and Del,

Oxford Soul Club.

NEXT OXFORD NORTHERN NIGHT,

SATURDAY, 5th. JUNE 2010

• Replies 102
  • Views 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Cracking day,

Cracking evening,

Oxford was well represented with no less than 10 of us there (11, including Colin the dog, hahahaha)

Musically, something for everyone, yes, I have to admit I even liked the modern,

Great selection of DJ's

and,,,

Undivided Love - Eskew Reeder (a fav, that always reminds me of a late friend, Dave Bailey)

Met lots of new friends, Most in the toilet, as I was drinking pints of Coke YUK !!!! lol.

Del,

Richie, Paul, and Del,

Oxford Soul Club.

SATURDAY, 5th. JUNE 2010

Afternoon Oxford Soul Club...smile.gif

Thanx Del for starting the thread...thumbsup.gif

Was Good to see you guys...your all stars...yes.gif

Alfie

Cracking day,

Cracking evening,

Great selection of DJ's

and,,,

Del,

Richie, Paul, and Del,

Oxford Soul Club.

SATURDAY, 5th. JUNE 2010

Hi Alfie.

As part of the Oxford contingent. (Hi Del and all)

Thanks for a great alldayer. We njoyed all the tracks, and all the pepes from the area who welcomed us, taking time to chat about thier scene and where they go.

Katrina and myself like going to new venues as you always hear something that pricks your ears. new to you, but with that familiar sound of soul.

We will definitely be making the return journey for net year. Also to the local southampton venue.

Thank you all whomade us welcome. All three of us including Colin

Tezz and Katrina

Edited by Tezz

Good evening Alfie , WHAT A SUPERB EVENT ! musically in my opinion exceeded last year , brilliant dancefloor and a great friendly crowd ( i wont dwell on the un-savoury incident , as i believe any publicity of what happened will detract from what was a most soulfull day indeed !!!!!)

Alfie mate you should feel VERY proud indeed of putting on a second very successful alldayer and.......hatsoff2.gif

and here`s hoping no`3 will be just as good .yes.gif

K.T.F. WiganBrian.

had a fantastic time :hatsoff2:

absolutely knackered, got back home about half hour ago - need some sleep :lol:

heard some brilliant tracks from the line-up however top dj of the day for me was ginger dave - could have listened to the stuff he was playing for hours :thumbsup: great set dave, thank you

and thanks to alfie & chilli for a superb day :thumbup:

now for some :thumbsup:

Good evening soulies...

I would like to start by saying a massive massive THANK YOU to each & everyone of you that came & supported Southamptons Soul Clubs All-Dayer II

The venue itself holds around 300 ppl and we wasn't far from reaching that no...biggrin.gif we arrived at the venue around 10.30ish and it was'nt long before Fi walked in to help Chilli/Ruth & myself to set up...before we new it, it was fast approaching 1pm and still things had to be done...sweatingbullets.gif

The Guys on the B.B.Q(Kevs Soulful Kitchen)were still trying to light the bloody thing...mind you it was a bit windy...no nothing to do with me... I thought they better hurry up as Ruth was looking forward to her grub...lol...anyway we all managed to sit down for a bit of a break & chin wag...before the doors of the venue opened to the public at 2pm...just before then two of the Groove Junkies turned up...Mr Herbert one of are guest Dj's for the day and his good freind & Guest Moldie...Mr Cook & his guest was the next to turn up...after saying hi to them both it was time to start a long days soulful graft...and beleive me it was well worth it...going on last years all-dayer the no's were quite low at the start so we thought this would go the same way...but how wrong was i...the traveling soul public started to turn up and by 3pm the place was looking quite busy...By 4pm the no's were growing more & more...also by then the rest of the guest dj's with there guests had all arrived...smile.gif

Each of the guest dj's...Dave Morris/John Herbert/Paddy Shevlin/Ginger Dave/Dolly/Mr Misscheif/Mike Cook & Simon Preston Southampton soul Clubs residents (which includes myself)all had two spots one in the afternoon and one in the evening...not gonna single any out out as they all did a fantastic job something for everyone...THANKYOU...thumbsup.gif

Mr Des Parker and a couple of other record dealers had turned up as did little reg with his Book(hope the arm gets better soon M8...great to see you again...will pm you about the book i forgot to get from you so much going on...sorry)

By 6pm the place started to fill up very very nicely indeed...i had a quick look at the signing in book and noticed ppl were traveling from...

Norwich/London/Peterborough/Wales/and not forgetting the local soulies from Sothampton & also the wonderful crowd of soulies from just down the road Sunny Bournemoth...(thanx for the chocs The Russians)...I reakon by 8pm we had a good 150 plus through the door...me being me(nosy) had another look at the book and i noticed other places like Kettering/Brighton/Oxford/Cambridge/Bristol/Birmingham/more from london...Basingstoke/Farnborough/ windsor/Bath/Nottingham/St Ives-Cormwall plus many more places & one place that stuck out was Scotland...so once again a masive thakyou to you all...yes.gif was nice see everyone too many names to mention you know who you are...thumbsup.gif

I would like to point out that something always goes wrong well it does in my caseblink.gif & guess what it didblush.gif ...one of the amps packed in as it did last year.angry.gif ..not sure why as it's only a couple of months old...anyway tried it this morning and there is nothing wrong with it...i don't no...ohmy.gif also the speaker system is new and there was a minor problem with that...mabe i had the leads in the wrong place...sad.gif after a few ajustments everything was working fab...wright until the last record of the evening...so sorry if their was a few second gaps in between a choon or two...smile.gif

Time was approaching 11pm and as Paddy the Mod said "3 hours to go..i don't want it to finish" first class...i thought...hatsoff2.gif

I would like to say a few personal thankyou's...they go out to Chilli/Ruth/Fiona & not forgetting the kellys for all of your hard work & comittment you are truly fab...thumbup.gif

Two am was getting closer & closer...and i'm thinking we have to wait for another 352 days before we can do this again...By the way next years will be a two room event...so defo looking forward to that one...there was still a crowd of soulies in the place and the dance floor was filled up nicely with soulies given it soul style on the floor...the last record was spun and with a few thank yous said over the mike it was time to say good night.........sad.gif

Total no's in around the 250 mark...biggrin.gif

So before i sign off i must say once more to you all...a very very big thank you in making Southampton Soul Clubs All-Dayer II a exellent Day...

Summing this years All-Dayer in one word it has to be FANTASTIC....thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

Roll on the 29th May 2011...yes.gif

KTF...

Alfie...biggrin.gif

Edited by alfie00soul

Hi Alfie.

As part of the Oxford contingent. (Hi Del and all)

Thanks for a great alldayer. We njoyed all the tracks, and all the pepes from the area who welcomed us, taking time to chat about thier scene and where they go.

Katrina and myself like going to new venues as you always hear something that pricks your ears. new to you, but with that familiar sound of soul.

We will definitely be making the return journey for net year. Also to the local southampton venue.

Thank you all whomade us welcome. All three of us including Colin

Tezz and Katrina

Hi Tezz & Katrina...and not forgetting Colin...

Was a gr8 to meet you...glad you had a top day...thanx for the kind words about the All-Dayer...

look forward to seeing you soon...till then take care...

Alfie

Got there about 6ish after atending the W.T.R.S.C. do just down the rd, got there just in time to give my fellow Bmth Railway club resident some stick with my mini mega phonelaugh.gif , but forgot that Simon had a mic and got twice as much stick backangry.gif enjoyed all the sets, the ones that stood out for me where Mike Cooks for a good mix of classic and lesser played tunes, Simon Preston, for actully getting me on the dance floor twice [The Q and Richard Knight ] and Mischief for getting the floor moving and enthusiasm behind the decks, see ya next yearthumbsup.gif

Exceptional event and congrats to Ruth, Fiona, Chilli and in particular yourself Alfie. You work so hard in the run up to these and you can be well pleased with your efforts.

You saw a lot of all that's best on today's scene and some of the Northern Soul virgins seem well impressedby it all. It was a real privilege to be a part of it and to meet up with so many faces again.

The new improved, slimline Ginger Dave was a revelation and it's been nice to see him getting the plaudits he deserves.

how pleasant to see ppls difference of opinion..i thought last yrs event was better both musically and socially

for me the best sets were...chilly 2nd set...dave morris 2nd set and both of john herberts sets...NO BIAS ...i left just as ginger dave was starting his 2nd set so cant comment on anything after that......

theres always one numpty that drinks too much but pleased to say i was told it was dealt with quickly

the sound system was ok...i think your right alfie..it was set up wrong but you aint no sound engineer...put a note in yer diary to get some one in...also try to get direct drive decks for next year

a lot of ppl dont realise what goes into an event of this size so a massive well done to alfie and his helpers

lotsa nice ppl at the event...especially enjoyed mike cooks company plus his mate jo...far too many others too mention.....

the music was a real mix of styles and like has been said before...something for everybody

this is an excellent venue and the addition of a second room can only improve this event

any thoughts on what the ROOM is gonna be?

on the funnier side i dont think the caterers woul make it past day one in hells kitchen...not because of the food but because they swear more than the host

congratulations alfie

moldie

ps..you tubes to follow

pps..be nice to see some playlits

message for tim smithers...blow that mini mega phone during the ducks mating season

thumbsup.gif

how pleasant to see ppls difference of opinion..i thought last yrs event was better both musically and socially

for me the best sets were...chilly 2nd set...dave morris 2nd set and both of john herberts sets...NO BIAS ...i left just as ginger dave was starting his 2nd set so cant comment on anything after that......

theres always one numpty that drinks too much but pleased to say i was told it was dealt with quickly

the sound system was ok...i think your right alfie..it was set up wrong but you aint no sound engineer...put a note in yer diary to get some one in...also try to get direct drive decks for next year

a lot of ppl dont realise what goes into an event of this size so a massive well done to alfie and his helpers

lotsa nice ppl at the event...especially enjoyed mike cooks company plus his mate jo...far too many others too mention.....

the music was a real mix of styles and like has been said before...something for everybody

this is an excellent venue and the addition of a second room can only improve this event

any thoughts on what the ROOM is gonna be?

on the funnier side i dont think the caterers woul make it past day one in hells kitchen...not because of the food but because they swear more than the host

congratulations alfie

moldie

ps..you tubes to follow

pps..be nice to see some playlits

message for tim smithers...blow that mini mega phone during the ducks mating season

FOOK ME MICK ! you been on the l.s.d. lol lol a really nice posting

there is a heart beating in that chest of yours after all , it was a pleasure yet again to be in your company ,

Looking forward to your pic`s and vids (and no doubt there will be some witty reposte to this post )

If any of you guys are interested the Kelly`s have posted some nice pics on you tube (you have to scroll down a bit to find them )

cheers! again WiganBrian.

thumbsup.gif

there is a heart beating in that chest of yours after all , it was a pleasure yet again to be in your company ,

Looking forward to your pic`s and vids (and no doubt there will be some witty reposte to this post )

If any of you guys are interested the Kelly`s have posted some nice pics on you tube (you have to scroll down a bit to find them )

thumbsup.gif

ALL MY POSTINGS COME FROM MY HEART BRIAN..ITS JUST A PITY ITS STILL BEATING LOLOLOL

LIKEWISE MATE...THE PPL THAT CHOSE TO IGNORE ME DONT REALLY KNOW ME..THEY JUST GO BY WHAT THEYVE HEARD OR BY MY POSTS ON HERE

ONE VID IS READY TO UPLOAD..SHOULD BE LIVE BY THE MORNING

MOLDIE

Guest geordie neil

well it was to be the hi-light of my year untill some numpty nearly killed me & val on m27 love new cars anyway got there at 9 exellent crowd, just in time for john (groovejunkies) set.......nice,,,, looking forward to next year alfie top venue, great dj rotation, awesome floor & as for the people there number 1 in my book. i'll be comming by train next year that m27 is a dodgy road cheers...........................geordie neil ktf

well it was to be the hi-light of my year untill some numpty nearly killed me & val on m27 love new cars anyway got there at 9 exellent crowd, just in time for john (groovejunkies) set.......nice,,,, looking forward to next year alfie top venue, great dj rotation, awesome floor & as for the people there number 1 in my book. i'll be comming by train next year that m27 is a dodgy road cheers...........................geordie neil ktf

what a top man :thumbup:

involved in a serious accident, not just a little prang...but a serious accident whereby they have to be cut out of the car. taken to hospital and the pictures show just how bad it was. injection of morphine and the man leaves the hospital and heads straight for the all-dayer.......hits the floor and dances like the devil and retains his brilliant sense of humour :ohmy:

now that is dedication :hatsoff2:

hope you and Val are feeling well & good

take care

best regard,

mike

sorry to hear that Neil & Val- glad to see you there and best wishes- from Matt

Guest GrooveJunkies

great day alfie and all the gang,

had a great day meet some nice people......

cracking venue.........

well worth the trip...

will try and get play list up asap...

well done guys.,....

Edited by GrooveJunkies
Guest Little Reg

HI Guy's sorry i cant write a full reviue arm still playing up . :(

It was a brliiant day and well worth traverling down from Hemel with a mouth full of paine killers couldent dance much so i had a lissioning day and it was just brillant .

just like to thank all you soulies for the wonderfull reviues on me book and all thouse who brought a coppy on the day. thanks

Dj of the day for me had to be Ginger Dave. He just gets better and better and thanks for the tribuet for Blue Max .

all the best

Little Reg x :ohmy:

P.S. sorry about the spellings no one hear to help me :rolleyes:

Guest chilly

WELL WHAT CAN I SAY BUT WHAT A DAY THANKS TO ALL THAT CAME AND MADE THE DAY

BIG THANK YOU TO ALL THAT DJ FOR US TOP TUNES FROM YOU ALL

JUST AGAIN BIG THANK TO YOU ALL MAKES ALL THE WORK PUTTING ON THIS EVENT WORTH ITthumbsup.gif

I'd like to thank Alfie & Chilly for asking me to dj.Was a great day and so good to see the place busy.Next year looks bigger and better (dare I say).Met some nice people to chat to.

John H thanks for the cd and thought your 2nd set was superb.

Playlists to follow when I get home from work.

Guest rach

Big Thankyou to Alfie Ruth and all those concerned with the organisation of the Southampton Alldayer :lol: arrived around 3 with Lindsay and Kev, was given such a lovely warm welcome and soon settled down into our home for next 11hrs, love the venue, dancefloor is brilliant, would make a great niter venue :yes: The music was across the board and something for everyone to enjoy, brilliant atmosphere, great dancers and great to meet up with friends old and new IMO a great recipe for an alldayer ....

Thankyou again Alfie and well done Fi for your superb art work :thumbsup: See you again next year for part 3

Rach x

Guest GrooveJunkies

Thanks Dave

alway nice when a fellow DJ liked what you played

hoped i made the right choice, being a mainely 60s northern crowd

I'd like to thank Alfie & Chilly for asking me to dj.Was a great day and so good to see the place busy.Next year looks bigger and better (dare I say).Met some nice people to chat to.

John H thanks for the cd and thought your 2nd set was superb.

Playlists to follow when I get home from work.

Judging by the amount of Dave's there it should have been an All-Daver.laugh.giflaugh.gif

Anyway here's my playlists -

1st spot - 3.30pm - 4.00pm

The Dells - Show Me - Cadet

Mighty Marvelows - Talkin' Bout Ya Baby - ABC

Continental Showstoppers - Not Too Young - Seventy 7

The Promatics - Sugar Pie Honey - Jo Jo

Dorothy Berry - Shindig City - Planetary

Roy Hamilton - She Make Me Wanna Dance - MGM

8th Ave.Band - The Whole Thing - Columbia

The Exportations - I Want You - Vir - Ro

Joshie Jo Armstead - I Got The Vibes - Gospel Truth

Soulful Twins - I Can't Let You Go - Sable

Joe Valentine - I Lost The Only Love I Had - Val

2nd spot - 8.00pm - 8.40pm

Dean Parrish - Determination - Boom

Al Wilson - Help Me - Wand

Artistics - Hope We Have - Brunswick

Darrow Fletcher - Gotta Draw The Line - Groovy

Bill Black's Combo - Little Queenie - Hi

Tee Fletcher - Happy Loving You - Shurfine

Velvelettes - Lonely Lonely Girl Am I - V.I.P

Miracles - Whole Lot Of Shakin' In My Heart - Tamla

Jelly Beans - You Don't Mean Me No Good - Eskee

Precisions - If This Is Love - Drew

Constellations - I Didn't Know How To - Gemini Star

Bobby Womack - Home Is Where The Heart Is - Columbia

Lou Edwards - Talkin' Bout Poor Folks - Columbia

Clarence Jackson - If It Don't Fit - Valtone

Jo Armstead - I Feel An Urge Coming On - Giant

Young hearts - A Little Togetherness - Canterbury

Edwin Starr - I Have Faith In You - Ric - Tic.

Guest the major

Top nite, had a great time meeting up with folk from all over. Even my 'non-scene' partner spent as much time on the dance floor as me, She's discovered she likes modern and has started to pinch me talc!

Good job from all the DJs, something for everyone.

I've set me alarm for 2011

Judging by the amount of Dave's there it should have been an All-Daver.laugh.giflaugh.gif

Anyway here's my playlists -

1st spot - 3.30pm - 4.00pm

The Dells - Show Me - Cadet

Mighty Marvelows - Talkin' Bout Ya Baby - ABC

Continental Showstoppers - Not Too Young - Seventy 7

The Promatics - Sugar Pie Honey - Jo Jo

Dorothy Berry - Shindig City - Planetary

Roy Hamilton - She Make Me Wanna Dance - MGM

8th Ave.Band - The Whole Thing - Columbia

The Exportations - I Want You - Vir - Ro

Joshie Jo Armstead - I Got The Vibes - Gospel Truth

Soulful Twins - I Can't Let You Go - Sable

Joe Valentine - I Lost The Only Love I Had - Val

2nd spot - 8.00pm - 8.40pm

Dean Parrish - Determination - Boom

Al Wilson - Help Me - Wand

Artistics - Hope We Have - Brunswick

Darrow Fletcher - Gotta Draw The Line - Groovy

Bill Black's Combo - Little Queenie - Hi

Tee Fletcher - Happy Loving You - Shurfine

Velvelettes - Lonely Lonely Girl Am I - V.I.P

Miracles - Whole Lot Of Shakin' In My Heart - Tamla

Jelly Beans - You Don't Mean Me No Good - Eskee

Precisions - If This Is Love - Drew

Constellations - I Didn't Know How To - Gemini Star

Bobby Womack - Home Is Where The Heart Is - Columbia

Lou Edwards - Talkin' Bout Poor Folks - Columbia

Clarence Jackson - If It Don't Fit - Valtone

Jo Armstead - I Feel An Urge Coming On - Giant

Young hearts - A Little Togetherness - Canterbury

Edwin Starr - I Have Faith In You - Ric - Tic.

Great spot mate as always

Guest RussianJo

We had decided well in advance that we were going to be there early doors this year.....and we were indeed, 2.30pm in fact thumbsup.gif

Lovely to be greeted by such smiley faces :D and we managed to have a catch up with a few people before hitting the floor.

For me it was just brilliant...the dj sets played in the afternoon were absolutely flawless and it was difficult to sit still. I was trying to pace myself knowing it was going to be a late one, but i just could´nt resist.

By 6pm the place was pretty busy and our tables were overflowing with so many people joining us....great to have so many lovely Soulie friends sharing the passion for great music...you know who you all are - (mwahhh)

CONGRATULATIONS AND WELL DONE TO SOUTHAMPTON SOUL CLUB..........YOU SHOULD BE PROUD!!!

All too soon it was 1.30am....and we really felt it was time to say our goodbyes, we had danced for almost 11 hours....and i was starting to feel somewhat exhausted and me being the driver..enough was enough.

We both said we enjoyed it even more than last years............my favourite sets were by John,Ginger and Mike Cooke. but in all fairness and to be perfectly honest all the DJ´s were BRILLIANT!!!

So in summary..............................THANKS ALFIE & CHILLI...WE LOVE YA!!! XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

PS...Do we really have to wait til 2011 for part 3 :ohmy:

Moldie..you´ve done a crackin job with the footage as per normal thumbsup.gif

We had decided well in advance that we were going to be there early doors this year.....and we were indeed, 2.30pm in fact thumbsup.gif

Lovely to be greeted by such smiley faces :D and we managed to have a catch up with a few people before hitting the floor.

For me it was just brilliant...the dj sets played in the afternoon were absolutely flawless and it was difficult to sit still. I was trying to pace myself knowing it was going to be a late one, but i just could´nt resist.

By 6pm the place was pretty busy and our tables were overflowing with so many people joining us....great to have so many lovely Soulie friends sharing the passion for great music...you know who you all are - (mwahhh)

CONGRATULATIONS AND WELL DONE TO SOUTHAMPTON SOUL CLUB..........YOU SHOULD BE PROUD!!!

All too soon it was 1.30am....and we really felt it was time to say our goodbyes, we had danced for almost 11 hours....and i was starting to feel somewhat exhausted and me being the driver..enough was enough.

We both said we enjoyed it even more than last years............my favourite sets were by John,Ginger and Mike Cooke. but in all fairness and to be perfectly honest all the DJ´s were BRILLIANT!!!

So in summary..............................THANKS ALFIE & CHILLI...WE LOVE YA!!! XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

PS...Do we really have to wait til 2011 for part 3 :ohmy:

Moldie..you´ve done a crackin job with the footage as per normal thumbsup.gif

cheers jo..part two is uploading at this moment

great to see you and russ as always..i hope the pics were ok on the usb stick

regards moldie

Guest BintofSoul

Bev and I had a fantastic time:thumbup: . It was great to see so many of my gorgeous soulie friends supporting this event:yes: . Excellent music, excellent venue and excellent soulful atmosphere! Note to self though, don't start drinking in early afternoon and finish at 2am:hypo:

Well done Alfie, Chlli, Ruth and Fiona. Brilliant all dayer.

Nicki XXX

Bev and I had a fantastic time:thumbup: . It was great to see so many of my gorgeous soulie friends supporting this event:yes: . Excellent music, excellent venue and excellent soulful atmosphere! Note to self though, don't start drinking in early afternoon and finish at 2am:hypo:

Well done Alfie, Chlli, Ruth and Fiona. Brilliant all dayer.

Nicki XXX

HI NIKKI

GREAT TO SEE YOU ON SUNDAY..IF YOU LOOK AT MY U TUBE U CAN SEE YERSELF DANCING IN THE BACKGROUND

MOLDIE X

Guest GrooveJunkies

my play list 1st & 2nd set

Southampton soul club alldayer 30-5-2010

First set 5-5:30

Nolan Porter ~ if I could only be sure

Bobby Womack ~ home is where the heart is (request)

Clarence Carter ~ messin' with my mind

Harold Melvin ~ Prayin

Kirk Franklin ~ looking for you

Drizabone ~ real love (remix)

Randy Brown ~ always in the mood

Second set 9:20 - 10:00

Bobby Sheen ~ Something new to do

Ace Spectrum ~ don't send nobody else

Spinners ~ I just want to fall in love

Jackie Wilson ~ because of you

Four Below Zero ~ my baby's got esp

Gil Scoot Heron ~ the bottle (remix)

Jan Jones ~ independent woman

Drizabone - pressure

Charles Jonson ~ Never had a love like this

The Brothers ~ you ready for this

Michael Wycoff ~ looking up to you (request)

O'Jays ~ i love music

Harold Melvin ~ Prayin

Drizabone - pressure

O'Jays ~ i love music

I LOVED YOUR SETS JOHN AS DID THE DANCEFLOOR...GREAT IDEA WITH THE YOU TUBE....ALL ORIGINAL VINYL TOO

MOLDIE

Harold Melvin ~ Prayin

Drizabone - pressure

O'Jays ~ i love music

Have to agree with the last post John thumbsup.gif

Brilliant you-tube and the choons aint half bad neither biggrin.gif

Guest Bearsy

Great day great laughs great people what more could a soulie ask for biggrin.gif well done to all the djs for giving what the punters wanted BUT i have to say that the biggest WELL DONE has to go to Alfie and Chilli for their choice in djs and their timings as it really did mix well and there was something for everyone and im chuffed for the success of the day cos you deserve it for all the graft you put into this Dayer, also the unsung heroes like Ruth, Ian & Sandy and Fi, until next year have fun hatsoff2.gif

Bearsy & Marie

Guest geordie neil

Harold Melvin ~ Prayin

Drizabone - pressure

O'Jays ~ i love music

thanks for michael wycoff, john.... crackin tune to cheer me & val up after all the crap we had with car cheers

Guest newman

An absolutely blinding day! Cracking music all day long from all the dj's.

Alfie, Chilli and all the gang over there in Southampton really do deserve all the plaudits for a year of hard work in making this event such a huge success and definitely second to none!

Fantastic news that next year's dayer is not only already in the pipeline but is stepping up a level to a two room event... brilliant! - standing still is actually going backwards...

Guest BintofSoul

HI NIKKI

GREAT TO SEE YOU ON SUNDAY..IF YOU LOOK AT MY U TUBE U CAN SEE YERSELF DANCING IN THE BACKGROUND

MOLDIE X

Hey up Moldie!

Great to see you too. Excellent video! See you soon.

Nicki XX

Good evening soulies...thumbsup.gif

We At Southampton Soul Club Would like to thank you all for the fantastic feedback/reveiws/vids/pics/emails/phonecalls/text mesages etc...

the real stars are you though as you make it possible...biggrin.gif

on a personal note i'm a bit overwellmed(think i've spelt that correct if not soory) with it all...i've been reading the posts on this thread aswell as looking at the pics & vids...pure class...

THANK-YOU....yes.gif

(southampton soul club)....hatsoff2.gif

Ruth has asked me to post up a few words...so here goes...rolleyes.gif

Thankyou all for a brilliant day/night...it was so nice to be surrounded by good freinds & soulies from over...thank-you for such a lovely response on all the reveiws...Gr8 Vids & Pics...and one of my favorite tunes on sandy's Pics...i had the best time because i was with the best ppl...

Love Ruth

xxx

see you all soon....smile.gif

Alfie

any chance of answering the question about the format for the second room next year?

how about yours and chillys playlists?

moldie

Evening Moldie...thanks for the vids...first class...yes.gif

I will sort me playlist out...got a couple of days gonna spend them with the nipper...so when he gives us a break i will post it up...kids...lol

The second room is looking to be a Rare & Underplayed one...more info to follow...

Alfie...thumbsup.gif

Source Advert