I Got Nothing But Time-The Interpretations

Hammersoul

Found this in my box a while back,been trying to get some info on if it`s an original/unissued or a boot/re-issue.

Bought it at Togetherness in early 2yk but i`m afraid i was beered up at time so no re-collection who i got it from :hatsoff2:

It`s on love records but not the Tal Armstrong label(label design looks differant).

A-side is : Coming out of hiding. b-side:I got nothing but time.

Not too clued up on label scans but i`ll try and find someone who is:thumbsup:

Cloak is ticking,let`s see how long it takes for info :g::ohmy:

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Found this in my box a while back,been trying to get some info on if it`s an original/unissued or a boot/re-issue.

Bought it at Togetherness in early 2yk but i`m afraid i was beered up at time so no re-collection who i got it from :hatsoff2:

It`s on love records but not the Tal Armstrong label(label design looks differant).

Cloak is ticking,let`s see how long it takes for info :g::ohmy:

It's by Snake Davies and the Suspicions. UK recording around 2003.

Pretty good. 500 made. No more copies available. We bought most of them from the label owner.

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

Bought it at Togetherness in early 2yk but i`m afraid i was beered up at time so no re-collection who i got it from :D

Cloak is ticking,let`s see how long it takes for info :sweatingbullets::D

Hello Wayne,hope all is well with you........How do you get a Cloak to tick anyway !

I was told the vocalist was Steve Brookstein[Winner of the first X-Factor !]........and that it was done before he had entered the competition....It might be a wind up[but its probably true.......].I think it is one of Ian Levine`s records ,the other side sounds like it was made by him.They also seemed to turn up en mass around the same time as other things he had a hand in did:shades: . Now youve heard that,you"ll probably want another 3 copies to make a set of coasters.I wonder whether Kev can help:D .

Personally speaking,i like the "i got nothing but time" side.

Speak soon mate,

Ivor

Social source share

Thx for all the calls and reply`s,blimey that was quick:thumbsup:

Hello Wayne,hope all is well with you........How do you get a Cloak to tick anyway

Oh dear looks like i need to go back to school:lol: It`s the no drinking ban i imposed on meself,been nearly a month now,must be in the withdrawal stage. :D Well spotted Ivor,i`m well thx,hope things are good with you.

Maybe i`ll say meter running next time:blink: :D

Social source share

Hello Wayne,hope all is well with you........How do you get a Cloak to tick anyway !

I was told the vocalist was Steve Brookstein[Winner of the first X-Factor !]........and that it was done before he had entered the competition....It might be a wind up[but its probably true.......].I think it is one of Ian Levine`s records ,the other side sounds like it was made by him.They also

seemed to turn up en mass around the same time as other things he had a hand in did:shades: . Now youve heard that,you"ll probably want another 3 copies to make a set of coasters.I wonder whether Kev can help:D

Personally speaking,i like the "i got nothing but time" side.

Speak soon mate,

Ivor

I took no notice of it at the time. On a 2nd hearing it's pretty good and believe it or not.....Rare!

I bought around 1,000 pieces of vinyl of Ian to shove in Soul packs. Had the Interpretations, Sidney Barnes- Standing on Solid and others.

Ian was totally being crushed on SS so I didn't even try to sell them. They ended up at £1-2 each! None left now.

Edited by The Golden 101
Social source share

I took no notice of it at the time. On a 2nd hearing it's pretty good and believe it or not.....Rare!

I bought around 1,000 pieces of vinyl of Ian to shove in Soul packs. Had the Interpretations, Sidney Barnes- Standing on Solid and others.

Ian was totally being crushed on SS so I didn't even try to sell them. They ended up at £1-2 each! None left now.

Don`t think a lot of people know it,just those that bought it at the time.I`ve always liked it and won`t change me view,just wasn`t sure if it was legit or not so left in the box till now.

By the way not alone in thinking it`s good,few people i`ve spoke to on here rate it has well,people with good taste :D

Social source share

Don`t think a lot of people know it,just those that bought it at the time.I`ve always liked it and won`t change me view,just wasn`t sure if it was legit or not so left in the box till now.

By the way not alone in thinking it`s good,few people i`ve spoke to on here rate it has well,people with good taste :D

I really like it, its also on a cd but cant remember which one

P:)

Social source share

I think it's a great record and as a Lavine production very restrained and actually sounds like a 70's record. I picked it up on a site last year having listened to a sound clip and like Hammersmith thought it was on Tal Armstrongs label and I'd bought a boot. It's a shame Mr Lavine doesn't do more stuff like this.

Social source share

its a great tune i think...................won my copy on ebay for 99p 5 or 6 years ago. i ve also been told it was steve brookstein doing the vocal on this side and it was done by ian levine. the flip side is pants imo. as far as it goes they should be classed as original because the love label from 2002 is all you`ll get it on

dave

Edited by dave pinch
Social source share

Thanks guys never knew all this information, picked one up from Crazy Beat a couple of years back, I like " I Got Nothing But Time" track, the other side is 100 miles a hour stuff.

Barry

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Defo a lavine production. Quite surprising really cos it's outstanding. A-side is worse than dog plop but hey ho.

Got mine for £2 a couple of years ago. Seen em go regular for 20-30 quid in lists.

First heard this after rugby all nighter. Was in sian's living room havin a cuppa tea before the long drive back up north. Think it was me, Liam, phil shields, dave rimmer, matt smart and others chatting shite then all of a sudden, the guy (can't remember his name) who was looking through a big sales box and playing tunes yelled "fackin 'ell, listen to this" (he might not have been a cockney, memories hazy!!)............so we did, and all liked it. When I did some investigating a few days later and found it was a lavine production I dropped it from the radar. Just shows principles aren't always right.

Azza

Edited by LilJimmyCrank
Social source share

Guest ruffsounds

Big tune for Sean Chapman a few years ago if i remember rightly, also spoke to Steve Brookstein when he appeared at Northamton about it when he did the weekender there. He knew of the record but denied it was him, but he did have a big smile on his face at the time of asking.

cheers Ralph.

P.S. great double header

Social source share

It's by Snake Davies and the Suspicions. UK recording around 2003.

Pretty good. 500 made. No more copies available. We bought most of them from the label owner.

Is it the same tune as the New Censations - I Got Nothing But Time that got a few plays late 70s early 80s ?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert