2010-12-11: 100 Club-6Ts

• Replies 54
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Very enjoyable and amazingly busy considering the clashes, the flu and the date.

The music was very good, though with a lot of regulars missing I felt it necessary to play relatively safe as the die-hards were either elsewhere or nearly dieing in their beds.

The Lancastrians were a big plus and I wish I'd met the Canadian, especially as I need some Dore info. What with Chris King playing Carla Thomas before my set in Manchester and Mick sticking on Baby I Need Your Loving (albeit a great female UK stomper version), i didn't know whether I was coming or going. Then Butch appeared to have abandoned us and I rescheduled all the times, made the announcement and then looked round to see him sitting at the record bar! He may have regretted getting off his death bed when birthday girl Soo Brick started humping him from behind on his first spin.

Nice to see Big Ted and his merry sidekick, Lisa with Bump, Billy and his boys and Irish Greg's gang nearly lasting the whole duration.

Roll on the Xmas shenanigans.

Ady

PS A couple too many pissheads and a poor floor was noted and will be addressed

Who you calling a Lancastrian? I'm from Cheshire don't you know :lol:

Had a nice time, hammered it ever so slightly but I survived to tell the tale despite copious amounts of Southern Comfort....

Ta for Sammy Ambrose and hopefully we will be down again soon :lol:

Another good night at the 100 Club.......great to spend time with Rowena and Garry , Imogen and Kev , Ted and Spagetti , plus my traveling companions Tabs ,Kipper ,and Soul Agent Mark .There were a few piss heads in early on , but once they had gone it was an excellent night musically and socially , great to see Butch do an hour despite not being 100% . Mick played some great underplayed sides such as The Capitols " Don't say maybe baby " [ Karen ] as did Steve Cato with some wonderful stuff like Jimmy Delphs " Almost " . Had a brief cat nap much to Tabs delight when the strain of delivering the Xmas post finally hit home ......Look forward to some more great nights at this dear old venue in 2011 .Cheers ,Eddie

Source Advert