There Was A Time - Kennedy's, York

Jasonsaxo

Now Then Folks,

Confirmation of the DJ line up for "THERE WAS A TIME" @ KENNEDY'S on BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY 27TH BECEMBER 4PM - LATE.

Tony Hatfield (York Soul Club)

Sean Tasker (Newcastle)

Mark Dawson (York)

Gary Brown (Purple Hearts Club)

Steve Murphy (Middlesborough)

Get Carter (York)

Nicki Shaw (Sussex)

Residents: Jay Cee, Ricky Nelson & Barry Forth

Gonna be a mixed Santa's Sack of soulful goodies!!!

Cheers Y'All,

Jay Cee

Edited by jasonsaxo
  • Replies 49
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Now Then Folks,

Confirmation of the DJ line up for "THERE WAS A TIME" @ KENNEDY'S on BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY 27TH BECEMBER 4PM - LATE.

Tony Hatfield (York Soul Club)

Sean Tasker (Newcastle)

Mark Dawson (York)

Gary Brown (Purple Hearts Club)

Steve Murphy (Middlesborough)

Get Carter (York)

Nicki Shaw (Sussex)

Residents: Jay Cee, Ricky Nelson & Barry Forth

Gonna be a mixed bag of soulful goodies!!!

Cheers Y'All,

Jay Cee

hope to get down to this one - great line up :thumbsup:

Guest BintofSoul

Hello Jay Cee

I'm so looking forward to spinning a few tunes and being part of such a fantastic DJ line up. No pressure at all! Bring it on!

Nicki XXXX

Hello Jay Cee

I'm so looking forward to spinning a few tunes and being part of such a fantastic DJ line up. No pressure at all! Bring it on!

Nicki XXXX

Hi Nicki,

We too are looking forward to seeing you on the wheels of steel of There Was Time and hearing your tunes. There's no pressure at all, honest guv. Just play the tunes you like that you feel will get folks up and dancing. As you say "BRING IT ON!!!",

See ya soon hun,

Jay Cee, XXXX

Guest soulboy 59

hi jay, looking forward to getting back on to the decks again and djing with such a great line up, should be great fun, see you next week and have a great xmas, baz x

The day Jay Cee become an ambassador for soul: On her majesty's secret service

Imagine it: Jay cee sitting watching Diagnosis Murder on a grey afternoon and the special DJ Line he's

had to have fitted in the back room rings.

The ringtone is the snake, of course: they've got a sense of humour, those people at the Department of northern soul Culture.

He wearily turns off the television and answers the phone. It's the government promoter who has become his minder.

"Just wondered if you could knock off a quick playlist for the visit of a soul delegation from Russia," he says.

He senses jay cee's tension. "We don't need it until tomorrow afternoon," he says soothingly.

"We can email you all the names of the delegation members because it would help in these times of great recession

if we could include them all..."

"Do I have to?" jay Cee says, wearily. "I'm only half-way through the epic for Kev Robert's birthday..."

There's a silence at the other end of the line. "Well, you are a DJ" he says.

Jay Cee gives a huge sigh. "Email me the names. But if any of them are called Mr Adder, the deal's off."

The Government Promoter laughs. Somehow jay cee feels that he'll get to know him very well over the next decade.

Northern soul DJ: On her majesty's secret service.

Have a great time guys, see you all soon :D

Guest BintofSoul

Imagine it: Jay cee sitting watching Diagnosis Murder on a grey afternoon and the special DJ Line he's

The ringtone is the snake, of course: they've got a sense of humour, those people at the Department of northern soul Culture.

He wearily turns off the television and answers the phone. It's the government promoter who has become his minder.

"Just wondered if you could knock off a quick playlist for the visit of a soul delegation from Russia," he says.

He senses jay cee's tension. "We don't need it until tomorrow afternoon," he says soothingly.

"We can email you all the names of the delegation members because it would help in these times of great recession

"Do I have to?" jay Cee says, wearily. "I'm only half-way through the epic for Kev Robert's birthday..."

Jay Cee gives a huge sigh. "Email me the names. But if any of them are called Mr Adder, the deal's off."

The Government Promoter laughs. Somehow jay cee feels that he'll get to know him very well over the next decade.

Have a great time guys, see you all soon :D

You should come along Dekka, you'd love my uptempo R&B! It's gonna be hot, hot, hot :yes: !!!!

hi jay, looking forward to getting back on to the decks again and djing with such a great line up, should be great fun, see you next week and have a great xmas, baz x

Hi Baz, great to hear from you. It's been ages. Hope you and the family are well.

It's going to be a good night. Plenty of soulful sounds.

Have a great Xmas and see ya Monday.

Jay Cee

Have a great time guys, see you all soon hatsoff2.gif

I just don't know where you get all this stuff from. One frustrated "Writer"!!!!! You have got to start compiling this stuff and writing other things. Absolutely fantastic. Will we have the pleasure of your company on Monday?? Hope so squire.

Have a fab Xmas and regards to Glynnis,

Jay Cee

Guest BintofSoul

Sorry hun, forgot to remind you to bring the Big Mama Thornton. I want to hear that ripping through the basement vaults of Kennedy's. Proper R&B.

Cheers,

Jay Cee X X X X

All packed sweetie and some Etta James, Little Willie John, Ronnie Love, Baby Washington and Sugar Boy Williams and much more! Oooh it's gonna be hot :lol::thumbsup: !

XXXXX

Guest BintofSoul

See you Monday Jay Cee, Looking forward to Meeting the Legend that is The Bint of Soul. :yes: Gary should be on cloud nine :D or half a sleep, :lol: It should be great night. :thumbsup:

Aw that's nice! I'll look forward to meeting you too :D !

Hi Jay

This will be my first night out since the bairn arrived... So I'm gonna be really sensible and stick to soft drinks all night. Errr NOT! Where's the Guinness!!

Seriously though, really looking forward to it.

Congratulations on the new arrival mate :lol:

Sink a few beers for me, unfortunately i won't be there, as I will be in recovery mode

after Radcliffe the night before, cheers, see you soon :thumbup:

See you Monday Jay Cee, Looking forward to Meeting the Legend that is The Bint of Soul. :) Gary should be on cloud nine :wub: or half a sleep, :lol: It should be great night. :wave:

Be good to see you too squire. Glad you made it across to Riley. Nice to catch up. Gaz sounded on form today and he is raring to go an Monday. Thanks for the good wishes my brother. Stay well and have a great Xmas and see ya Monday.

KTF,

JAy Cee

Hi Jay

This will be my first night out since the bairn arrived... So I'm gonna be really sensible and stick to soft drinks all night. Errr NOT! Where's the Guinness!!

Looking forward to seeing you squire and wetting your new arrivals head. What a great Xmas pressis for you and your Mrs. See you soon bro.

KTF,

Jay Cee

See you Monday Jay Cee, Looking forward to Meeting the Legend that is The Bint of Soul. :) Gary should be on cloud nine :wub: or half a sleep, :lol: It should be great night. :wave:

Hi Andy, You will not be disaponted with the legend that is Bint of Soul. She is causing mayhem wherever she spins vinyl. Class!!!!

Guest BintofSoul

Hi Andy, You will not be disaponted with the legend that is Bint of Soul. She is causing mayhem wherever she spins vinyl. Class!!!!

Flattery gets you everywhere Jay Cee :wave: !

Guest greentangerine

Should be pretty busy down there, quite a few mates coming to this one given it's a bank holiday. Just need to have a look at some records between the turkey sandwiches.

Nice one Gary. I'll look forward to hearing and dancing to it!

Wishing you and everyone else a gr8 time...keep it uptempo you know you want to Nicki...look forward to catching up with you on new years eve...:hatsoff2:

Would of loved to come up to this...i've had me orders though...got to go shopping...:yes:

wishing you all a very merry xmas...(whats left of it :hatsoff2: )...and all the very best for 2011...:thumbsup:

Alfie

Wishing you and everyone else a gr8 time...keep it uptempo you know you want to Nicki...look forward to catching up with you on new years eve...thumbsup.gif

Would of loved to come up to this...i've had me orders though...got to go shopping...:lol:

wishing you all a very merry xmas...(whats left of it :thumbsup: )...and all the very best for 2011...:yes:

Alfie

Hi Alfie, thanks for the good wishes and your moral support for NIcki. We promise to look after her and show her plenty of Northern hospitality. Hope News Eve is a corker for you guys.

Cheers squire,

Jay Cee

Should be pretty busy down there, quite a few mates coming to this one given it's a bank holiday. Just need to have a look at some records between the turkey sandwiches.

T

Turkey sandwiches!!! Bring some down with you if you have any left. Some cranberry sauce would go down a treat too.

It will be busy. C ya tomorrow,

Jay Cee

Ax that's nice Yay Cee! I've been to the Twisted Wheel now I'm on my way to Radcliffe. You coming? X x

You certainly are cramming in the soul these last few days. Watching Ashes highlights at the mo so can't make Radcliffe. Enjoyed the Twisted Wheel? Enjoyed it last time I was there. Enjoy Radcliffe. Enjoyed that last time I was there too.

C ya tomorrow hun,

Jay Cee X X X X

Been feeling like crap for the last few days, some virus thing I think. Starting to feel a whole better now and really looking forward until tomorrow, sounds like it's going to be busy........bring it on!!

See you all tomorrow,

Sean and Gwen

Hi Sean & Gwen,

Hope you will be feeling on top form tomorrow squire and that you got rid of the virus. The tunes should be enough to make you feel a whole lot better.

Bring it on, as you say squire!!!!

Cheers,

Jay Cee

Hi Jay

Soft Drinks - my proverbial behind. Don't forget to bring your Luther Ingram.

See ya tomorrow,

Jay Cee

Been feeling like crap for the last few days, some virus thing I think. Starting to feel a whole better now and really looking forward until tomorrow, sounds like it's going to be busy........bring it on!!

See you all tomorrow,

Sean and Gwen

Hi Sean & Gwen

Long time since Blackpool, It'll be good to see you two. Try a diet of Vodka :yes: it doesn't do you you any good :yes: but you forget about feeling crap :yes: , till it wares off. :yes:

:hatsoff2:

Source Advert