New Real Soul Artist - Brand New Album

It's rare I rave about, or get the chance to plug anything brand new these days, but (as I've not seen anything on here regarding this Lady - and I'd hate ya'll to miss out) I'm knocked out by the new MALACO album from Queen Emily.

Its light years ahead of most 'new' product, featuring as it does the Muscle Shoals Rhythm Section, with Clayton Ivey, Jimmy Johnson and James Robertson and some fabulous songs from the likes of Sam Dees & Frederick Knight.

Brought me right back to that day in 1974 when I unwrapped and placed on the turntable for the very first time that stone soul classic album 'Woman To Woman' from Shirley Brown.

Yep - it's that good, it evokes such precious memories.

Grown up lyrics, well sung with a tight band of REAL musicians... bloody hell, I've waited a long time for Black America to produce anything this good.

Such a refreshing change.

If you buy only one new album this year, make it this one!

It's the Real Deal.

So, if you haven't already.... Buy it Now!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/QUEEN-EMILY-Queen-Emily/dp/B0044T0NQY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1292695190&sr=8-1

:lol:

Sean

Edited by Sean Hampsey
Social source share

• Replies 24
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Dave Turner

Great call Sean. Like yourself there aren't many artist from recent years that do it for me. I tripped over her some months ago on the Tube and was knocked out by her.

There's plenty of her on there from when she was on America's Got Talent :lol:

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Reckon we should set up home together!

:yes:

Sean

I've told you before, I'll bend over and you pay the mortgage. :lol:

Good review on AZ UK

"Absolutely fantastic slab of Southern Soul in the best Millie Jackson, Shirley Brown, Betty Wright tradition. Basically this album contains everything I've been missing in modern day Black Music for so long; grown folks music made of flesh and blood for grown ups made of flesh and blood.The realness of it!

Album of the year."

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Thanks for the tip Sean with those talented guys contributing it should be a good un ,hopefully as good as Dorothy Moores More Moore definitely be getting a copy . Malaco rules.

Think its the most significant LP since Dorothy Moore's 'Misty Blue' in terms of its ability to break genuine Southern Soul into the mainstream!

We live in hope :yes:.

Sean

Social source share

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

A couple of nice compilation CDs Amazon UK have linked it to mate in the "Frequently Bought Together" bit -- you on commission or what :yes:

F--k, just noticed yer other post, gotta stop posting at the same time

Leave it to yer :yes:

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Got those two , just listening to the Queen Emily on Spotify and will purchase a copy we need to support artists of this quality plus of course Malaco who continue to produce Southern Soul.

Yes, I'll be getting it soon. As for the other two CDs I think Sean wants you to buy two more, just in case you lose 'em :lol:

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

I,d urge anyone who likes real soul music to buy those compilation cds compiled by Sean they are both absolute essential .

Yup, and dirt cheap to at £3.99 apiece (post free). In the case of those two cheap doesn't equate to crap.

Regular plays for me whilst driving or ironing :lol:

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Better still, buy the TWO incredible Amazon Recommendations shown along with it for only £16.97!

https://www.amazon.co...bxgy_m_h__img_c

https://www.amazon.co...f=pd_sim_m_h__1

Sean

Yep, the machine appears to be working like a dream! Both of these are consistent best-sellers for the series, week in week out. Last week's sales on both titles were the best since they came out in July! I think a whole new audience is discovering the delights of Southern Soul plus export figures are fantastic too - as an example you can actually find these two albums racked in the French chain Fnac throughout Xmas 'cos they love 'em over there as well.

How are the next ones coming along Sean? :yes:

Compliments of the season sir. :lol:

Ian D :D

Social source share

Yep, the machine appears to be working like a dream! Both of these are consistent best-sellers for the series, week in week out. Last week's sales on both titles were the best since they came out in July! I think a whole new audience is discovering the delights of Southern Soul plus export figures are fantastic too - as an example you can actually find these two albums racked in the French chain Fnac throughout Xmas 'cos they love 'em over there as well.

How are the next ones coming along Sean? :D

Compliments of the season sir. :lol:

Ian D :yes:

So good to hear, Ian.

You've made my day to hear that sales are going well on these.

What that really means to me is that more and more people are discovering the delights of Southern Soul - the real deal! :D

And 'Shinehead' and Arkwright (Dave) the 'essential' type comments are much appreciated.

When I was a kid, the two 'essential' albums were 'Motown Chartbuster Volume 3' and 'This Is Soul' from Stax / Atlantic.

When compiling 'Love & Jealousy' and 'I Get My Groove' that's kind of what I had in mind. 50 Great tracks that every Soul fan should own.

I realise the game has changed, its a different market and a different time, but with your 'Special Price' approach, I'm chuffed to nuts to think that these could be heading anywhere towards that direction.

Now we've got even more to go at (with the Brunswick and Malaco catalogues available to us biggrin.gif) I think the next bunch are going to be even closer to the mark.

Be assured, they are coming on very nicely, Ian.

Working with this breadth of a catalogue is an absolute pleasure.

And the best is yet to come!

Compliments of the season to you too sir. :yes:

Sean

Social source share

So good to hear, Ian.

You've made my day to hear that sales are going well on these.

What that really means to me is that more and more people are discovering the delights of Southern Soul - the real deal! :yes:

And 'Shinehead' and Arkwright (Dave) the 'essential' type comments are much appreciated.

When I was a kid, the two 'essential' albums were 'Motown Chartbuster Volume 3' and 'This Is Soul' from Stax / Atlantic.

When compiling 'Love & Jealousy' and 'I Get My Groove' that's kind of what I had in mind. 50 Great tracks that every Soul fan should own.

I realise the game has changed, its a different market and a different time, but with your 'Special Price' approach, I'm chuffed to nuts to think that these could be heading anywhere towards that direction.

Now we've got even more to go at (with the Brunswick and Malaco catalogues available to us :D) I think the next bunch are going to be even closer to the mark.

Be assured, they are coming on very nicely, Ian.

Working with this breadth of a catalogue is an absolute pleasure.

And the best is yet to come!

Compliments of the season to you too sir. :lol:

Sean

Got to agree those two CD's are the bargains of the year - wonderful stuff and the epitome of 'Just soul'.

On your recommendation Sean i'll pick up the Queen Emily - I rarely buy newly recorded Soul - but if there is is even a hint of programmed backing I'll demand a refund personally from you in March ph34r.gif The Ronnie Lovejoy tracks on the the two CD's stick out like a sore thumb, sorry smile.gif

Mike

Social source share

On your recommendation Sean i'll pick up the Queen Emily - I rarely buy newly recorded Soul - but if there is is even a hint of programmed backing I'll demand a refund personally from you in March

Mike

Harrison Calloway, Mike Haynes, Steve Patrick, Harvey Thompson, Kent Bruce, Clayton Ivey, Reggie Young, James Robertson, Tommy Couch Jr, David Hood, Jimmy Johnson, Wolf Stephenson, George Jackson, Frederick Night, on the Players and Producers side...

...with classic songs by Sam Dees, Frederick Knight, Willie Clayton, Frank Johnson, Paul Kelly, Clayton Ivey, Terry Woodford, George Jackson...

...it's proper Mike.

But if you're not completely satisfied I'll gladly take it off your hands.

The Mrs wants her own copy :yes:.

Sean

Social source share

Harrison Calloway, Mike Haynes, Steve Patrick, Harvey Thompson, Kent Bruce, Clayton Ivey, Reggie Young, James Robertson, Tommy Couch Jr, David Hood, Jimmy Johnson, Wolf Stephenson, George Jackson, Frederick Night, on the Players and Producers side...

...with classic songs by Sam Dees, Frederick Knight, Willie Clayton, Frank Johnson, Paul Kelly, Clayton Ivey, Terry Woodford, George Jackson...

...it's proper Mike.

But if you're not completely satisfied I'll gladly take it off your hands.

The Mrs wants her own copy :thumbsup:.

Sean

Just checked amazon and how about this Sean...

Frequently Bought Together

418Gwbyr7KL._SL500_SS75_.jpg+51DsssI-pDL._SL500_SS100_.jpg+51nygYEN3UL._SL500_SS100_.jpgPrice For All Three: £16.97

Some of these items are dispatched sooner than the others. Show details

Buy the selected items together

Social source share

Just checked amazon and how about this Sean...

Frequently Bought Together

418Gwbyr7KL._SL500_SS75_.jpg+51DsssI-pDL._SL500_SS100_.jpg+51nygYEN3UL._SL500_SS100_.jpgPrice For All Three: £16.97

Some of these items are dispatched sooner than the others. Show details

Buy the selected items together

Great stuff Mike!

I think they sit very nicely alongside each other! :thumbsup:

And, like you, there's very few recent releases I could say that about :thumbsup:

Sean

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert