GAVIN NIGHT

MARTIN ADAMS

TIM SMITHERS

PLUS RESIDENT

ALFIE

8PM TILL 1AM

BAR TILL MIDNIGHT

£4 OTD ...

THE LAST ONE BACK IN OCTOBER WAS A GR8 SUCCESS...SO IT MAKES SENSE TO DO ANOTHER ONE...yes.gif

Also it will be a bit of a taster for Southampton Soul Clubs All-Dayer III as the second room will be a rare & underplayed room....

So if your at a loose end on this night i highly recomend it to the connoisseurs of soul...:thumbsup: & those who are hungry to hear new & exciteing upbeat soulful chooons...CAN YOU RESIST????

• Replies 81
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

The last one was musically a cracker, looking forward to this one, hope theres no clash with another local do this time :yes:

It certainly was musically cracking and has set the standard for all future Ghetto Soul nights to follow :yes:

As for clashing with any other local nights it shouldnt as myself and Alfie did plenty of research and double checking and there aint nothing on within at least a 300 mile radius :yes: PLUS it is now on a Saturday night too so easier for even more peeps to be able make it along, Anyway even if there was something else on within a localish distance it wouldnt make a difference as this night is as you well know like nothing else musically down this way as most if not all nights are Oldies orientated with the odd rare or underplayed tune chucked in, Ghetto Soul is everything BUT popular and overplayed Oldies :hatsoff2:

So if you like love Soul music and would like to hear something different from the norm then come along to Ghetto Soul and listen to some djs playing the tunes they would love to share with you all in an enviroment where there is no pressure to fill the dance floor,

Rare, Underplayed, Forgotten, Uptempo, Crossover, Ballads, R&B, Funky, Gospel, Popcorn, Latin, 60s, 70s and if the dj fancies it then tunes from the new millenium too :yes:

great little venue recently refurbished with plenty of chin stroking standing and seating areas :yes: Come along get the vibe and feel and if you think you have that then i know Alfie will be looking for djs for future events so give him a nudge and a wink and usually a pint does the trick :yes:

Bring it on i cant wait for the most thought provoking Soul Night in the South of England :yes:

Bearsy

It certainly was musically cracking and has set the standard for all future Ghetto Soul nights to follow yes.gif

As for clashing with any other local nights it shouldnt as myself and Alfie did plenty of research and double checking and there aint nothing on within at least a 300 mile radius :thumbup: PLUS it is now on a Saturday night too so easier for even more peeps to be able make it along, Anyway even if there was something else on within a localish distance it wouldnt make a difference as this night is as you well know like nothing else musically down this way as most if not all nights are Oldies orientated with the odd rare or underplayed tune chucked in, Ghetto Soul is everything BUT popular and overplayed Oldies :thumbsup:

So if you like love Soul music and would like to hear something different from the norm then come along to Ghetto Soul and listen to some djs playing the tunes they would love to share with you all in an enviroment where there is no pressure to fill the dance floor,

Rare, Underplayed, Forgotten, Uptempo, Crossover, Ballads, R&B, Funky, Gospel, Popcorn, Latin, 60s, 70s and if the dj fancies it then tunes from the new millenium too yes.gif

great little venue recently refurbished with plenty of chin stroking standing and seating areas :D Come along get the vibe and feel and if you think you have that then i know Alfie will be looking for djs for future events so give him a nudge and a wink and usually a pint does the trick :thumbup:

Bring it on i cant wait for the most thought provoking Soul Night in the South of England hatsoff2.gif

Bearsy

Good evening Beasry Hope you and Marie are well and enjoying the xmas break...yes.gif

Thanx for the write up very greatful indeed...i must say you do have a way with words...something that i've always lacked on...lol...:thumbup: i do try my best though...:thumbup:

Rally looking forward to another Ghetto Soul...the last one was first class...cracking choons getting spun all night...:D

Looking forward to hearing Gavin & Martin spin their soulful choons...:yes:

catch up soon...

Alfie

GHETTO SOUL

(SOUTHAMPTON SOUL CLUB)

A NIGHT OF RARE & UNDERPLAYED CUTS

A CHANCE TO LISTEN TO THOSE LESSER KNOWN GEMS

IN THE CONGLETON SUITE

(NEWLY REFURBISHED)

TOTTON CONSERVATIVE CLUB

SALISBURY ROAD TOTTON

SOUTHAMPTON

SO40 3PY

SAT 15TH JAN 2O11

DJ LINE UP

BEARSY

GAVIN NIGHT

MARTIN ADAMS

TIM SMITHERS

PLUS RESIDENT

ALFIE

8PM TILL 1AM

BAR TILL MIDNIGHT

£4 OTD ...

THE LAST ONE BACK IN OCTOBER WAS A GR8 SUCCESS...SO IT MAKES SENSE TO DO ANOTHER ONE...:lol:

Also it will be a bit of a taster for Southampton Soul Clubs All-Dayer III as the second room will be a rare & underplayed room....

So if your at a loose end on this night i highly recomend it to the connoisseurs of soul...:yes: & those who are hungry to hear new & exciteing upbeat soulful chooons...CAN YOU RESIST????

Good evening soulies...thumbsup.gif

Happy 2011 to you all...gonna be a very very soulful one i reakon...:yes:

looking forward to hearing Martin & Gavin spin some chooons for us...also on the night Beasy & Mr Smithers will be dishing out some blinders as always...

So if your at a loose end on the 15th why not pop down to Ghetto Soul...for another night of quality soulful underplayed & lesserknown chooons...:lol:

Alfie

Thank god for getto soul, a real fresh approach to a soul nite with out any presure to fill a dance floor, friendly banter and a chance to hear a few choons that you just dont to hear to much out :D

Good evening Mr Smithers and hows are ya...:ohmy:

Looking forward to this night as is a few other soulies from around the area...:wave:

I'm hopeing i will have a couple through the post for this night...nice & cheap ones...but defo underplayed ones...:lol:

Say hi to Harry...:lol:

Guest Bearsy

Thank god for getto soul, a real fresh approach to a soul nite with out any presure to fill a dance floor, friendly banter and a chance to hear a few choons that you just dont to hear to much out :lol:

i just thought of a cracking way to keep giving this thread a good old bump Tim, post a few tasters to give peeps an idea of what could get played at Ghetto Soul, i will do one later after a long and hard think :ohmy:

anyione from the good old South fancy a bit of Ghetto Soul :D

Thank god for getto soul, a real fresh approach to a soul nite with out any presure to fill a dance floor, friendly banter and a chance to hear a few choons that you just dont to hear to much out :unsure:

Thinking about coming down south for this, feeling a bit poor so could do with taking all Bearsy's money off him again :lol:. Would be good to catch up with yourself as well Tim. Will have a look and see if I can free up the 15th for it thumbsup.gif

Guest Bearsy

Thinking about coming down south for this, feeling a bit poor so could do with taking all Bearsy's money off him again :D. Would be good to catch up with yourself as well Tim. Will have a look and see if I can free up the 15th for it :thumbsup:

it would be great to see you Adam but please introduce yourself to me first as i may not recognise you :lol::no::D :D :lol:

Its a small and newly refurbished room with nice toilets and a nicely stocked bar attended by 2 very lovely ladies, compact but right size for the room excellent dance floor and of course a very good sound system and most importantly of all out of this world quality underplayed,semi known, rare and possibly never heard of in the south before Soul music played by djs who really do have soul and massive egos to go with it too :D and then there are the 2 guest djs this month Gavin and Martin who i have never had the privilege of hearing before so really looking forward to their sets :yes:

not much else to say really except come and give us a try and hear something not only different from the norm but exciting and fresh too, Soul heaven cos its not just about the beat you know wink.gif

ps, Adam if you are coming down give me a bell and your more than welcome to come to mine before (maybe chuck in dinner) and stay over if you want and maybe send you on your way with some brekkie too :thumbsup: if not up yours :lol:

Guest Bearsy

Good morning gentlemen,

We'll be popping up the A31 to Southampton from Bournemouth for what musically should be a great night.Rare and underplayed boys, sounds good to me.:thumbsup::lol:

Dave.

be great to see you there Dave and if the last one is anything to go by then this will be a belter too :thumbsup: hope you and Viv are both well mate been long time no see :no:

Guest BintofSoul

Have a great night fella's. Sadly I can't be there as I have my staff Christmas party! The last one was fantastic so I'm sure this one will be equally excellent.

Nicki XXX

Thinking about coming down south for this, feeling a bit poor so could do with taking all Bearsy's money off him again :lol:. Would be good to catch up with yourself as well Tim. Will have a look and see if I can free up the 15th for it :thumbsup:

I'm thinking about it too...but if you're going i may have to reconsider :thumbsup:

I'm thinking about it too...but if you're going i may have to reconsider :P

Well I was only thinking of going because I didn't think you would be, so I might have to reconsider as well :Pshades.gif

it would be great to see you Adam but please introduce yourself to me first as i may not recognise you :yes::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its a small and newly refurbished room with nice toilets and a nicely stocked bar attended by 2 very lovely ladies, compact but right size for the room excellent dance floor and of course a very good sound system and most importantly of all out of this world quality underplayed,semi known, rare and possibly never heard of in the south before Soul music played by djs who really do have soul and massive egos to go with it too :D and then there are the 2 guest djs this month Gavin and Martin who i have never had the privilege of hearing before so really looking forward to their sets :yes:

not much else to say really except come and give us a try and hear something not only different from the norm but exciting and fresh too, Soul heaven cos its not just about the beat you know wink.gif

ps, Adam if you are coming down give me a bell and your more than welcome to come to mine before (maybe chuck in dinner) and stay over if you want and maybe send you on your way with some brekkie too :ohmy: if not up yours :lol:

I'm easy to recognise Paul, my youthful good looks and top class musical pedigree always make me stand out like a soulful messiah amongst the general aged heathen population.....or is it the copious amounts of sweat glistening on my rapidly balding head that makes me shine like a star, one or the other anyway :D.

Great offer of food and bed mate, much appreciated, although I will probably have to head straight home as I've got the kids to look after on Sunday....but if I can get out of that I might well be on the phone :thumbsup:

PS for Tim.....I will soon have a spare of that record you mentioned you wanted when I posted it on facebook recently, will hold it for you unless you're already sorted?

Guest Bearsy

Have a great night fella's. Sadly I can't be there as I have my staff Christmas party! The last one was fantastic so I'm sure this one will be equally excellent.

Nicki XXX

bring the party along Nicki :thumbsup: have a greta night and see you soon xx

Guest Bearsy

I'm thinking about it too...but if you're going i may have to reconsider :yes:

only thinking Dave huh.gif ignore him the man is a numpty and cant recognise a man without cucumber :ohmy:

be good to see you buddy :thumbsup:

Unfortunatly I'll still be in the desert for this one, but thoroughly enjoyed the first installment..........good luck guys & have a blinder.

Happy New Year

Russ

We really need to synchronise one night together Russ; I need to offload the booty I've been looking after so carefully! :thumbsup:

Well I was only thinking of going because I didn't think you would be, so I might have to reconsider as well :lol::ohmy:

Ha! You don't think i'm falling for that old chestnut do you. The old double bluff won't work - I will be there now :-)

Either way i am ringing you in the morning - make yourself avaialble old bean - nothing exciting, i just want to insult you (if I don't ring you, i have forgotten. Call me)

only thinking Dave :yes: ignore him the man is a numpty and cant recognise a man without cucumber :lol:

be good to see you buddy :thumbsup:

I will be there matie - if only to support you and my main man Martin Adams thumbsup.gif

Many thanks Mick, its now the main fllyer for the do on facebook thumbsup.gif

you know me tim....only too pleased to help...i have actually got another one ill sort out 2morra

regards moldie

Nice one Mick :rolleyes: will you be coming down to this one, havent seen you at a local do for a while now :lol:

hi tim

ill be at the stute soul club on that night as im due to dj there the following month so i feel its polite to take a look so to speak...i should have been at daves 2room event but adverse weather conditions put paid to that......im unsure when ill be down south at an event as i seem to get less grief the further away i am

regards moldie

let me know if theres anything else i can help you with

Unfortunatly I'll still be in the desert for this one, but thoroughly enjoyed the first installment..........good luck guys & have a blinder.

Happy New Year

Russ

Hi Russ

hope all is well out there...:rolleyes:

Thanx for the good luck wishes...glad you had a top time at the last one...will have to have a chat about getting you along to spin some of those soulful choons of yours...:lol:

Take care out there & hope to catch up soon...:yes:

Alfie & Ruth

Guest chilly1

went to the 1st one to support alfie as rare side is not my thing as i thought thinking it would be all mid temp tunes

but had a great night as the sounds were up temp well worth a vist

Guest Bearsy

went to the 1st one to support alfie as rare side is not my thing as i thought thinking it would be all mid temp tunes

but had a great night as the sounds were up temp well worth a vist

Hello my darling how the devil are you hatsoff2.gif will we be seein g you again on Saturday for round 2 of Ghetto Soul :hatsoff2:

Guest Bearsy

well peeps there are only 5 nights 20 hours 53 minutes and 28 seconds to go for the next installment of Ghetto Soul with lots of interest from many parts of the country so come on down as ive had some new tunes through the post that im gonna play out for the first time :hatsoff2:

so much soul down south :lol:

and loving it :hatsoff2:

well peeps there are only 5 nights 20 hours 53 minutes and 28 seconds to go for the next installment of Ghetto Soul with lots of interest from many parts of the country so come on down as ive had some new tunes through the post that im gonna play out for the first time :hatsoff2:

so much soul down south :lol:

and loving it :hatsoff2:

hi alfie

hows things

moldie

Getting closer this one, got some new choons myself and hopefully a few more to come, so expect a complete new set from me, how any one can practally play the same set wk in wk out is beyond me :lol: so much ( rare & underplayed ) soul down south :lol:

tis getting closer aint it Tim and i cant wait and really looking forward to hearing so many new tunes to my ears from all the djs, myself i have had about 15 new tunes in the last month turn up and waiting on 2 more then i am going to decide on wether i will do a yellow label or demo only set and all on OVO of course, yep how refreshing to be able to play something different from the same tunes week in week out :thumbup:

another taster of what you might get to hear :D

Edited by Bearsy

Good evening Soulies...thumbsup.gif

not long now...for what is gonna be a splendid night of rare & underplayed indeed...:D

Bring it on...:rolleyes:

Some other news folks...mind you it wont be to everyone's cup of tea...was chatting to the manager tonight and he asked me if i would be interested in putting on a Modern Soul Night...i was thinking of asking a few of the local dj's...i.e...Geordie Neil/Ray New/Russ Vickers/Chilli..etc...i have said to him that i would be up for it but i would just rather run the event as i'm not very clued up with the Modern Scene...:lol: ...so i'm open to suggestions...

ps..polite ones..lol...

:no:

Source Advert