Nottingham Soul Club

Guest John Poole

Guest John Poole

The second soul night at The New Venure Club is on

Saturday 5th February with Guest DJ

Sean Chapman

2 Rooms of Music - Classic Oldies in the Main Room, Something slightly different in the upstairs Soul Vault

Res DJ's Glyn Sissons, John Poole, Mick Boyle and Dave Tidswell

New Venture Social Club

Meadow Road

Beeston Rylands

Nottingham

NG9 1LB

Large Dancefloor

Ample Parking and Cheap Drinks

• Replies 27
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Quick amendment! The Post Code should be NG9 1LA, this will take you straight into the car park, not the back of the building!

Looking forward to seeing you all back for our second nite. The issues with the upstairs room ( the Soul Vault) have been resolved... we've moved it downstairs in to another room which the club management have assured us will have proper seating and a dancefloor!

Glyn

Quick amendment! The Post Code should be NG9 1LA, this will take you straight into the car park, not the back of the building!

Looking forward to seeing you all back for our second nite. The issues with the upstairs room ( the Soul Vault) have been resolved... we've moved it downstairs in to another room which the club management have assured us will have proper seating and a dancefloor!

Glyn

Hi guys,

yep the first one was great the lost souls of st ives will be making the long haul up the a14 yet again geat news for those of us who dare to venture to the vault of soul should be more of us this time to so see ya 'all then

atb steve :thumbsup::(

Guest soul over easy

well folks do too a little paper work im gonna be around for another 8 weeks before moving down under ! so i got a couple more soul nights to attend yet ! including our own nottingham soul club ,thanx for those people who came to see me off but hehehe aint gone yet... so come and say goodbye again......seriously the first night was awesome for what ever reason you came along ,and this one promises to be just as good with sean chapman on the decks.Also for them that want to hear something different ? mick dancing dog boyle is down stairs now in another room lol sounds like a maize? anyway thats been sorted new down stairs room . Im gonna be here again along with me mates glynn sisson,john poole and some bloke called dave tidswell? only kiddin dave ...... ktf c u all there.

well folks do too a little paper work im gonna be around for another 8 weeks before moving down under ! so i got a couple more soul nights to attend yet ! including our own nottingham soul club ,thanx for those people who came to see me off but hehehe aint gone yet... so come and say goodbye again......seriously the first night was awesome for what ever reason you came along ,and this one promises to be just as good with sean chapman on the decks.Also for them that want to hear something different ? mick dancing dog boyle is down stairs now in another room lol sounds like a maize? anyway thats been sorted new down stairs room . Im gonna be here again along with me mates glynn sisson,john poole and some bloke called dave tidswell? only kiddin dave ...... ktf c u all there.

Me and Karen missed the first one due to Illness Tommo , but we will be there for this one mate :yes:

All the best

Steve B

Seeing as I'm in the Soul Vault this month I've acquired for myself a couple of choice tunes! I'll play them for you all on the 5th. See you then.

Glyn

Hey Glyn you've always had some choice tunes for as long as iv'e known you and thats a fair few years lol see ya alll next week for part 2

steve :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbup:

Hey Glyn you've always had some choice tunes for as long as iv'e known you and thats a fair few years lol see ya alll next week for part 2

steve :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :lol:

Thanks for that Steve i wish i had some of the tunes youve owned over the years.and by the way 40 years we have known each other.See you on the 5th.

Guest rayskim

Thats you Tommo always late.....Looking forward to this. See you there.

Seeing as I'm in the Soul Vault this month I've acquired for myself a couple of choice tunes! I'll play them for you all on the 5th. See you then.

Glyn

I will look forward to that Glyn , I'm sure you have other little gems stached away somewhere as well :):thumbsup:

Guest soul over easy

starting to get the buzz now about sat night its gonna be another crackin night ....lets see if poolie can spin a few forgoten memories !!! hes told me he can deliver so lets wait and see? sean chapman will be awesome,dave tidswell does a fantastic job at warming the crowd up. Glynn we all know hes got a megga collection and thats not the ones hes broke or lost over the years either. Entertainment value gotta go to dancing dog mickey boyle ,mad as an hatter and if you watch him very carefully on the decks he might do his famous jackie wilson splits hehehehe ,c u all there tommo.

Guest John Poole

Not long to wait for the next installment of Soul at The New Venture Club in Beeston on Saturday

Just tried to get hold of Sean to see if he's up for it but was told Michelle had taken him "puppy" training!!!!!!

So with any luck he will be able to "Sit" "Fetch" and "Beg" in good order on Saturday.

Just got to find a volunteer to stroke his belly when he rolls over!

Any takers?

Guest matt tees

Just returned from puppy training and I am willing and able to do my upmost to get that old dance floor moving on sat. With a very and extremely talented dj residency of old man Tidswell, I 've got something new to play Sissons, John NFFC Pooley and the ever young looking but oh so mad Mick Boyle expect fireworks a plenty, puppy training out of the way and I know now how to work the decks and really looking forward to a great night of some of the finest soul music, also looking to spining a few in the 2nd room so look out for 70s, Crossover and maybe some latin mod and boogaloo!!!!!!!!! Chaps

Second event tonight 10 hours to go. Nervous and excited. again the best sounds, dance floor ready just waiting for the dancers. hope to see you all there.

went to Rolls Royce last night and got good feedback from guests who are comming. Looks like its going to be another great night see you there at 8pm

Glyn

HOWS IT GOING MR SMOOTH,WE,LL BE JOINING YOU ON THE FLOOR TONIGHT , LOOKING FORWARD TO TOMMO....KTF,CARL......:hatsoff2:

HOWS IT GOING MR SMOOTH,WE,LL BE JOINING YOU ON THE FLOOR TONIGHT , LOOKING FORWARD TO TOMMO....KTF,CARL......:hatsoff2:

Hope you had a good night last night Carl ( couldn't make it and I'll tell you why later :thumbup: )

I think Colin and Sheila may be having a run up with us tonight, so we'll see you there :thumbsup:

All the best

Steve B

Edited by krawen2

Source Advert