Drake & The Ensolids - Alteen Demo

DRAKE & THE ENSOLIDS - PLEASE LEAVE ME - ALTEEN DEMO

Bought this off ebay the other week because I'd never seen a demo before - anyone know if it is actually rare, I would presume so due to the fact I'd never seen one! Disc was only VG+ but cleaned up nicely.

$(KGrHqV,!hUE2eTi!J4DBNuhLZj!rg~~0_3.JPG

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Pete

I bought one on the JM Dropdown auction a year or so ago. Wasn't noted as a demo but a nice suprise when it arrived. I called John and they hadn't noticed the Radio Station bit on the label. He said if they had it would defo not been in the Dropdown.

I watched your copy on eBay out of curiosity to see the finish price.

Nice to have and doesn't crop up that often on a demo.

As it's the same colour as the issue and the Radio Station bit is positioned in a less usual place, people just may not notice.

I bought my first copy from Blue Max in the late 70's. Apparently he had played it at the Cat's but it was forgotten due to the rapid turnover in those days. I remember hearing it played occasionally at Wigan on Saturday Nights

Cheers

Kev Bod

Social source share

Hi Pete

I bought one on the JM Dropdown auction a year or so ago. Wasn't noted as a demo but a nice suprise when it arrived. I called John and they hadn't noticed the Radio Station bit on the label. He said if they had it would defo not been in the Dropdown.

I watched your copy on eBay out of curiosity to see the finish price.

Nice to have and doesn't crop up that often on a demo.

As it's the same colour as the issue and the Radio Station bit is positioned in a less usual place, people just may not notice.

I bought my first copy from Blue Max in the late 70's. Apparently he had played it at the Cat's but it was forgotten due to the rapid turnover in those days. I remember hearing it played occasionally at Wigan on Saturday Nights

Cheers

Kev Bod

Bit hard to miss I'd have thought!

I definitely don't remember ever hearing it before it came out on cd Kev so must have been a later Wigan spin, after I'd jacked it in. But never heard it at a local soul night either.

Social source share

Pete - I know this isn't the done thing but I'd love to know what you paid, and what it goes for if you sell it on. I don't expect you to post in public (in fact I don't expect an answer really) but pm if ever you feel like sharing. I've just taken delivery of a nice issue (£32, happy about that) but I think that one is kinda special. Just interested no disrespect intended. Dean

Edited by Dean
Social source share

Pete - I know this isn't the done thing but I'd love to know what you paid, and what it goes for if you sell it on. I don't expect you to post in public (in fact I don't expect an answer really) but pm if ever you feel like sharing. I've just taken delivery of a nice issue (£32, happy about that) but I think that one is kinda special. Just interested no disrespect intended. Dean

I paid £25 Dean and I'd expect it to sell for £50 - £60 in that condition, if it were mint I'd ask £100.

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

Hi Pete,

I didn't miss the Radio Station Bit :thumbsup:

I heard it in the Big Room around about 79/80. I've never heard it played anywhere since. I played it once when I did a warm-up spot at USoS. As I mentioned, Max said it had a few plays at the Cats.

What CD was it on? Some Chicago type thingy.

By the way, an issue is £150 on JM site.

Edited by bo diddley
Social source share

I paid £25 Dean and I'd expect it to sell for £50 - £60 in that condition, if it were mint I'd ask £100.

Was only talking with SteveL in his kitchen yesterday about how you sell too cheap :thumbsup: . This isn't sales forum but I would've thought more than £60 (offers??). I was well pleased with my issue at that price. Well done for the £25 Pete.

Social source share

Was only talking with SteveL in his kitchen yesterday about how you sell too cheap :thumbsup: . This isn't sales forum but I would've thought more than £60 (offers??). I was well pleased with my issue at that price. Well done for the £25 Pete.

I dunno mate, I was going by condition, yes it is rare but in this day and age beggars can't be choosy.

Social source share

very rare record on promo. Bought mine in 76 and only remember one other person with a promo copy in their collection at the time; that was rob marriott.

Yeah I think you're right and I've undervalued it, had a couple of people ring me yesterday about it as well so I'll probably stick £80 on it and see what happens.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure I've noticed 2 versions with ALTEEN in slightly different text style.:D

I was thinking more along the lines of the label design for the 'Sunday' recording of "Ain't Got No Problems", which also got released on Chess.

Social source share

the sunday record is the same alteen label. there is also buster benton on the label, johnny mccall, and I think earl duff on cee dee is the same label. i think it's also related to the winner label that elvin spencer is on.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert