Sonic Soul➢ 24Th June - Thank You For All Your Support

Guest Northern PhanTom

Guest Northern PhanTom

A great turn out for our second anniversary. :yes:

Pat & I would like to thank everyone for coming to support us, :yes:

also fantastic to see lots of new faces. :yes:

Ralph & Pat kicked off the evening at 7pm double decking, this soon turned into a tripple with Moldie joining in by spinning a few, this eventually became a quartet when Matt Bates joined them about 8.45. :D :D :D :D

Next up was Rob Gray playing some fantastic tunes and making sure the dance floor was full. :yes:

Ian James followed by knocking out plenty of requests for the crowd, probably not his first choice of tunes but he always plays whats wanted by an appreciative audience, :hatsoff2:

He was followed by John & Mick respectively, battle of the heavyweights or what, :yes: both looking to add their plays to the next volume of rawest of the rare. king.gif

Now at Sonic we have a policy of not telling DJ's what to play,:yes: we think they are old enough and wise enough to make their own choices and read the mood as they see fit. :yes:

Whether their sets were what anniversary jollies are made of, or were more fitting of somewhere such as Lifeline i'm sure there will be plenty of discussion! :excl:

Mick was followed by Pat cramming in another 25 minutes of dance floor FILLERS before we called it a WRAP. :P

One things for sure Pat & I would like to thank all our DJ's for giving up their time and energy for making Sonic Soul¢Å¾¢ Second Anniversary, a night to remember. :thumbsup:

Me personally, not danced that much in ages, will have to get out more! :lol:

Tom wink.gif

• Replies 36
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

As Tom said THANK YOU everyone who supported us last night. I personally just love to see that brilliant room with a good number of people in it.:hatsoff2:

Got home at 5am still buzzing. We still have some excellent guests to come for the second half of the year so if you have not been to see us yet make July a date in your diary.:thumbsup:

My playlist (split spot) will be up in the playlist section later.

Pat

Last nite was just the tonic a lot of us needed after various tales of weeks from hell...:thumbsup:

Thanks for putting this on 8 miles up the road from me...:hatsoff2:

I was actually having a weekend off after Cleethorpes, then Rugby but going out locally doesn't count...:yes:

And a special thank you to all the disappointed people who soon realised I'd got my voice back...:yes:

Thoroughly enjoyed our first time at Sonic Soul last night, good music and great people. A big thanks to all the friends that made me smile and especially to the police car driver that came hurtling down the road, blue light flashing, siren going while we were smoking outside and promptly crashed into the traffic light at the end of the road.........can't have been easy for you guys at Sonic to arrange that especially for your anniversary it was a nice touch !

Guest Northern PhanTom

Last nite was just the tonic a lot of us needed after various tales of weeks from hell...:rolleyes:

Thanks for putting this on 8 miles up the road from me...:thumbsup:

I was actually having a weekend off after Cleethorpes, then Rugby but going out locally doesn't count...:P

And a special thank you to all the disappointed people who soon realised I'd got my voice back...:P

Any news on the missing Leopard Skin Brolley? :lol:

Thoroughly enjoyed our first time at Sonic Soul last night, good music and great people. A big thanks to all the friends that made me smile and especially to the police car driver that came hurtling down the road, blue light flashing, siren going while we were smoking outside and promptly crashed into the traffic light at the end of the road.........can't have been easy for you guys at Sonic to arrange that especially for your anniversary it was a nice touch !

:rolleyes::thumbsup: Pete I forgot that. The police car just sped off and left the lights in the middle of road. Rumour has it they had to get back and clock off to get the last hour at SONIC SOUL.:lol:

Pat

Any news on the missing Leopard Skin Brolley? :thumbsup:

:lol:...we're sure it was Moldie, it'd have gone with his sorta outfits...:rolleyes:

Sian, in future can you ensure that people are pre-warned about these sort of disappointments before they travel to a venue..........it's only fair really :-)

I didn't want to be accused of putting people off...:P

Guest Northern PhanTom

:thumbsup::lol: Pete I forgot that. The police car just sped off and left the lights in the middle of road.

Pat

I wondered what Ralph was loading in to the back of his car. :rolleyes:

Bet he will have them wired up to his rig for his next gig. :P

Especially as the police station only opens for about 2 hrs a day and I think the local bobby still rides a bike...:thumbsup:

We saw a cop van in the town on the way home, they must have shipped them in from somewhere else...:rolleyes:

Guest Northern PhanTom

:P...we're sure it was Moldie, it'd have gone with his sorta outfits...:thumbsup:

Gaaawwwd Heavens :lol:

He wearnt flashing his g string in your corner as well. :P

Was he! :rolleyes:

Guest Northern PhanTom

Especially as the police station only opens for about 2 hrs a day and I think the local bobby still rides a bike...:thumbsup:

We saw a cop van in the town on the way home, they must have shipped them in from somewhere else...:rolleyes:

Thought one of Micks plays sounded like

The KaIser Chiefs :lol:

That was one of the topics of conversation on the way home.

But good music is good music.

Tunes of the night for me personally were Eddie Billups and Dennis Edwards.

Top night, well done to the Sonic team :rolleyes: .

Whether their sets were what anniversary jollies are made of, or were more fitting of somewhere such as Lifeline i'm sure there will be plenty of discussion! :thumbsup:

Guest Alfa166

I enjoyed the evening very much, not the usual Dancers paradise that I have come to expect but then that is as much to do with my woeful lack of Soul knowledge, plus I missed Pats set at the beginning and end of the night and I would have danced to just about all of them..... not heard Nabay since Derek Allen days. I hope the guest DJ's will post their Playlists so I can 'listen again'.

We saw the bent traffice light when we left........didn't realise the cops had done it.... :thumbsup::lol::lol:

Thanks for putting on a decent night :rolleyes:

Alfie

Guest Northern PhanTom

I hope the guest DJ's will post their Playlists so I can 'listen again'

Alfie

Let's hope so Alfie

As I'm sure there were more than several that most people had not heard before. :thumbsup:

You don't mind being introduced to new tunage

But at our age not everyone likes to run up and down to the decks every time something new to their ears is being spun or carries a pen and paper so that if they are lucky enough to catch the name of the track they can jot it down. :rolleyes:

So unless yoyo's and writing materials are provided. :P

A 21st century stylee playlist would be in order. PLEASE :lol:

A great turn out for our second anniversary. :P

Pat & I would like to thank everyone for coming to support us, :lol:

also fantastic to see lots of new faces. :)

Ralph & Pat kicked off the evening at 7pm double decking, this soon turned into a tripple with Moldie joining in by spinning a few, this eventually became a quartet when Matt Bates joined them about 8.45. :P:D :D :D

Next up was Rob Gray playing some fantastic tunes and making sure the dance floor was full. :lol:

Ian James followed by knocking out plenty of requests for the crowd, probably not his first choice of tunes but he always plays whats wanted by an appreciative audience, :thumbsup:

He was followed by John & Mick respectively, battle of the heavyweights or what, :P both looking to add their plays to the next volume of rawest of the rare. :lol:

Mick was followed by Pat cramming in another 25 minutes of dance floor FILLERS before we called it a WRAP. tongue.gif

One things for sure Pat & I would like to thank all our DJ's for giving up their time and energy for making Sonic Soul¢Å¾¢ Second Anniversary, a night to remember. :rolleyes:

Me personally, not danced that much in ages, will have to get out more! :yes:

Tom :)

excellent review that just about sums it up

moldie

hi pete

those were actually THE SOUL POLICE but on hearing the quality of the music realised they wasnt needed and rushed off to another venue

atb moldie

Now at Sonic we have a policy of not telling DJ's what to play,:thumbsup: we think they are old enough and wise enough to make their own choices and read the mood as they see fit. :rolleyes:

Whether their sets were what anniversary jollies are made of, or were more fitting of somewhere such as Lifeline i'm sure there will be plenty of discussion! :lol:

Tom :P

most ppl associate anniversary events with a kind of party atmosphere but it doesnt have to be the case...quality music was the order of the day last night and it was heard in abundance..only thing missing for me was a bit of modern and when i saw kev such from the cracker there i thought he had been drafted in especially for the night

atb moldie

Another fine production hatsoff2.gif

hi tony

its a bit dark in places but at least i got everyones names right this month

a pleasure as always to see yourself and your good lady

regards moldie

Guest mellytee

Thanks to evryone for a super second anniversary at Sonic Soul; good to see so many happy people and great tunes yes.gif

See you all soon

Melly xxx

Guest Northern PhanTom

i know where it is whistling.gif

Thats who the police were chasing then John? :ohmy:

The Phantom Brolley Thief :lol:

Perhaps who ever took it was using it to dodge eggs. :no:

Guest Northern PhanTom

Thanks to evryone for a super second anniversary at Sonic Soul; good to see so many happy people and great tunes yes.gif

See you all soon

Melly xxx

Hi Mel on behalf of Therese thank you very much for the flowers. X

Tom :lol:

Guest Northern PhanTom

ok i confess all...i took it to match my thong

NO need for pics of this nature on a look back thread :no:

Besides both images seam to be lacking in handles :lol:

But glad to see your frostIes diet has made an improvement to your waist line rolleyes.gif

I don't normally single out any records as I like to leave that to the chin strokers but record of the night for me was -

Keith Curtiss - I Got To Keep You Baby - Smoke played by Mick H

It took me way, way back, brilliant Stafford memories and I don't care who don't like it...:no:

and thanks to John McClure for putting me out of my misery...maybe I shoulda had a note paper and pen back in the day...:lol:

Altho there were some tasty tunes played all night by all the DJs...thumbsup.gif

Edited by Rugby Soul Club
Guest Northern PhanTom

...maybe I shoulda had a note paper and pen back in the day...:no:

Us Notts lot didn't need note paper or have to race up to the decks rolleyes.gif

We had Steve PhyllIs the soul scenes Mr memory man. :lol:

Trouble is now he has buggered off to Hunts we'are all scratching our heads. :ohmy:

I felt absolutely awful on the way..but its funny that no matter how crap ones feeling that a piece of music can lift you up, and put you down on the dancefloor :thumbsup:

there was some superb spins played Friday..and I thoroughly enjoyed it! the police car incident was really funny, and I thought tom was giving the dancefloor some gip, I never knew you could move that fast, great video Moldie, but how come I aint on it :lol:

looking forward to the next one, hopefully I will be a bit more with it next time, :shades:

Hi Pat , Tom & Therese ,

Congratulations on 2 yrs of Sonic Soul ..

Always a warm welcome & a great mix of music , there really was something for everyone..

You're right Tom I've not seen you dance so much!!

Therese was lovely to see you out again & you really looked stunning in that dress.. ( Pmed Tom my number in case he forgets to tell you again .. lol .. )

Missed the police incident , Kev & karen I knew I should have followed you to that bus stop ..

Mind you saw plenty of police cars on the way home as the journey took us hours with the A46 being shut .. Every route we tried seemed to be blocked ..

Was lovely to see so many friends & hopefully see you all next month ..

Claire xxx

Ps Tabs you're sacked for forgetting my choccie , I'll need twice as much at Cracker or was it Bournemouth next ?? Can you remember ? .. ha ha .. xx

Guest Northern PhanTom

I felt absolutely awful on the way..but its funny that no matter how crap ones feeling that a piece of music can lift you up, and put you down on the dancefloor thumbsup.gif

there was some superb spins played Friday..and I thoroughly enjoyed it! the police car incident was really funny, and I thought tom was giving the dancefloor some gip, I never knew you could move that fast, great video Moldie, but how come I aint on it :(

looking forward to the next one, hopefully I will be a bit more with it next time, :D

Sorry to hear you were under the weather on Friday Lou, hope you are feeling better. :thumbsup:

Always been more of a nighter goer so have done more than my fair share on the boards over the years. :D

Unfortunately like most, old father time catches up and you have to take your foot off the gas somewhat. :lol:

C ya sewn :no:

Tom

Guest Northern PhanTom

Hi Pat , Tom & Therese ,

Congratulations on 2 yrs of Sonic Soul ..

Always a warm welcome & a great mix of music , there really was something for everyone..

You're right Tom I've not seen you dance so much!!

Therese was lovely to see you out again & you really looked stunning in that dress.. ( Pmed Tom my number in case he forgets to tell you again .. lol .. )

Missed the police incident , Kev & karen I knew I should have followed you to that bus stop ..

Mind you saw plenty of police cars on the way home as the journey took us hours with the A46 being shut .. Every route we tried seemed to be blocked ..

Was lovely to see so many friends & hopefully see you all next month ..

Claire xxx

Ps Tabs you're sacked for forgetting my choccie , I'll need twice as much at Cracker or was it Bournemouth next ?? Can you remember ? .. ha ha .. xx

Great to see you and The Newark Posse making the long trip down to Lutterworth. thumbsup.gif

Will pass on your number to T.

Take care

Tom :thumbsup:

Source Advert