On Original Vinyl

• Replies 32
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Great to see Soul addiction back on the soul calendar

And a pleasure to be on the roster.

I missed Col's spot at Wilton so its been a while since I've heard him dj..so I'm sure he'll have picked up a few new tastey pieces.

Come to think of it...haven't seen Steve or Liana for a few months either ..so my guess is we will be in for a treat at the cricket club.

A perfect place to compliment the Soul Addiction faithfull.

Seeya in a fortnight

Soul Addiction

Bishop Auckland Cricket Club

Kingsway

Bishop Auckland

Saturday 13th August

7 till 12

Free Admission

Change Of Venue For This One

Hope to See You There :thumbup:

Dj's for the Night

Steve Wilson

Liana

Don Thompson

Col Denham

Nev Griffiths

Playing Rare & Underplayed Oldies

On Original Vinyl

back off weeks hol so hoping to make this one,seems ages since last on,keith...

Great to see Soul addiction back on the soul calendar

And a pleasure to be on the roster.

I missed Col's spot at Wilton so its been a while since I've heard him dj..so I'm sure he'll have picked up a few new tastey pieces.

Come to think of it...haven't seen Steve or Liana for a few months either ..so my guess is we will be in for a treat at the cricket club.

A perfect place to compliment the Soul Addiction faithfull.

Seeya in a fortnight

HI NEV,

WELL IF YOU MISSED COLS SPOT YOU DID NOT MISS A RIGHT LOT AS HE KEPT THE DANCE FLOOR FAIRLY EMPTY FOR MOST OF THE SPOT :yes: :yes: :D :D :D .

TO BE FAIR THERE WERE MANY OF THE "DANCE THE NIGHT AWAY FRATERNITY" MISSING SO IT WAS HARD WORK FOR MOST OF THE DJ's ON THE EVENING.

NOT VISITED THIS EVENT AS YET SO HOPEFULLY MAY MAKE IT THIS TIME AND BRING SOME OF THE LEEDS MASSIVE WITH ME :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: .

I WILL SEE IF THAT YOUNG URCHIN OF MINE ARRON IS UP FOR IT TOO.

ROY

HI NEV,

WELL IF YOU MISSED COLS SPOT YOU DID NOT MISS A RIGHT LOT AS HE KEPT THE DANCE FLOOR FAIRLY EMPTY FOR MOST OF THE SPOT :yes: :yes: :D :D :D .

TO BE FAIR THERE WERE MANY OF THE "DANCE THE NIGHT AWAY FRATERNITY" MISSING SO IT WAS HARD WORK FOR MOST OF THE DJ's ON THE EVENING.

NOT VISITED THIS EVENT AS YET SO HOPEFULLY MAY MAKE IT THIS TIME AND BRING SOME OF THE LEEDS MASSIVE WITH ME :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: .

I WILL SEE IF THAT YOUNG URCHIN OF MINE ARRON IS UP FOR IT TOO.

ROY

Hi Roy

Would be more than welcome in the N.east and Azza is long overdue a trip to God's country :yes:

As already mentioned ...too many venues clashing ,not just in the N.east . It is a shame cos it kinda splits what could and should be a good crowd .

That apart ,this is a free admission venue because quite simply ,its run by and attended by people who just love SOUL and are'nt in it for money or any other gain ,other than being with like minded friends .

The music is 60's /70's rare soul ...mid-tempo ..uptempo .... and without question TOP DRAWER !

That means no compromise.People play without any pressure ,but fully understand the room and make a concerted effort to please the audience with well thought out sets . :g:

The venue is perfect for what's on offer...just the right size...has it's own bar ( no dish water) ...but most of all ..it's very friendly to all comers :thumbsup:

Suffice to say ..you won't be disappointed :no:

P.s ..just as well Col's thick skinned :ohmy:

Edited by NEV

thick skinned thats about right,you gotta be or you wouldnt dare djn these days ive never tried to play safe ,its not my style along with oldies or modern,roy,col

HI COL,

I would not insinuate any other. Really enjoyed your set at the Wilton and as mentioned it was hard work for all on the night for all dj's concerned.

Its a shame there is another event close by on the same night as it really does dilute the attendance especially if the music policies are very similar.

This seems to be an ever increasing problem these days of multiple venues within a small radius of miles. In south yorkshire there is anywhere between 2 to 5 events on any given weekend within a fifteen mile radius usually Sheffield,Rotherham,Barnsley and Doncaster. There are some excellent dj's and record collectors in the area but only so many punters to go around.

ROY

PS. Stop using the exfoliator as your skin is getting a bit thin in places :P :P

We will be there so keep two seats for me and the boss. Hope Don has not spent too much on records :shhh:

Davey you know Don NEVER spends too much :yes: :yes: :yes:

Aye Nev---he,s just picked up a zimmer frame for next to nowt

Moving house and work commitments have kept me out of mischief for a while so im looking forward to an evening of well mannered frivolity with the rest of the over 50,s ranting_1.gif

Just found out about this and disappointed won't be able to make it.

Catterick bridge on the same night, shame really cos a few of us going to catterick would definitely have been there.

Have a gud un...I'm sure you all will.

Gaz

Yes ..a very sad and unfortunate situation Gaz..

Say hi to Charlie and Dave M for me ..two top blokes :thumbsup:

Guest chris

Yes...it is a shame Gaz :(

We enjoyed the last one in March and would have definately gone to this one had it not clashed...

Great line up at both venues just not enough of us to go round eh :rolleyes:

Have a good night...hopefully see you somewhere soon :)

i think it will be the old faithfull again but at least you know who to please music wise. ,in aycliffe 3 out of 4 saturdays are taken up by dos, in darlo theres another couple i dont go to any apart from the raffa now and again ,but i still go to allniters, weekenders ect, this weekend is gonna be sparse in all the venues , its gotta be, not enough punters to go round. i personly like what the people at soul addiction and the raffa play so that is where i go ,soft soul, modern,played out oldies, not for me, its a personel choice. its a pity gaz and the boys cant make it as they wil be missed, it was decieded to move to the cricket club as nobody apart from nev supported this nite who lived in darlo? for whatever reason. maybe,with a change in venue things have gotten a bit lost advertising wise on here, word of mouth ect, but its a free nite so it dosent matter at the cricket club and the collectors will play there stuff to a happy set of punters however small. notice i never said djs , its not just up here its allover the 100 club and the wilton are suffering because of over exposure i wish things would go back to 10 years ago, niters full and only the cumby in our area. col

Edited by colsoul
  • Helpful 1

Hey less of the old Col :ohmy:

I agree tho,

I prefer to go to do's where I roughly know what music's gonna be played...

For some its the social side of the scene more than the music that they go for...which is their choice :yes: but for me its the music every time and Soul Addiction ticks all the boxes :thumbsup:

The venue was changed to provide a free night and a shorter journey for the regular supporters (not too far to stagger home :hypo: )....didnt like to put it up in events too early...maybe give a bit more notice for the next one eh :rolleyes:

See ya saturday old man :P

i think it will be the old faithfull again but at least you know who to please music wise. ,in aycliffe 3 out of 4 saturdays are taken up by dos, in darlo theres another couple i dont go to any apart from the raffa now and again ,but i still go to allniters, weekenders ect, this weekend is gonna be sparse in all the venues , its gotta be, not enough punters to go round. i personly like what the people at soul addiction and the raffa play so that is where i go ,soft soul, modern,played out oldies, not for me, its a personel choice. its a pity gaz and the boys cant make it as they wil be missed, it was decieded to move to the cricket club as nobody apart from nev supported this nite who lived in darlo? for whatever reason. maybe,with a change in venue things have gotten a bit lost advertising wise on here, word of mouth ect, but its a free nite so it dosent matter at the cricket club and the collectors will play there stuff to a happy set of punters however small. notice i never said djs , its not just up here its allover the 100 club and the wilton are suffering because of over exposure i wish things would go back to 10 years ago, niters full and only the cumby in our area. col

If only Col----how do you get a do rammed to the rafters these days ??? ill think about it on my way to work one morning down the path alongside the lake :D

Since Steve and Don started this I've never been able to get through work etc, well not tonight me Toma, Jeff and Karen on we way doon, looking forward to it not seen everybody since god knows when.

Totally agree with Col shame about the amount of do's did'nt know Catterick was on, then you've got Village Soul on top of that and Hoochie Coochie opening in Newcastle with Kenny Thomas and Easington, punters are few and far between

See's ye all teneet

Since Steve and Don started this I've never been able to get through work etc, well not tonight me Toma, Jeff and Karen on we way doon, looking forward to it not seen everybody since god knows when.

Totally agree with Col shame about the amount of do's did'nt know Catterick was on, then you've got Village Soul on top of that and Hoochie Coochie opening in Newcastle with Kenny Thomas and Easington, punters are few and far between

See's ye all teneet

Kinell...... there's a few welcome faces i've not seen for a good while ....aa cannie wait for teneet :thumbsup:

Source Advert