Specials I Can't Find Another How Much?

Guest julesp1905

Guest julesp1905

What is the going rate for this, only recent sales i can find is one on ebay this week £169, one from popsike £153 and the £258 John Manship got, is it really that rare, always thought is was the easier of the three Satch releases.

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I've seen a couple in sales boxes over the last few months, £175 - £225.

there was a bit of a discussion about price and growing popularity of those Specials tracks on here a few weeks ago. They're like so many other things that have been mentioned/debated on the current thread about JM's auction prices, and people putting their prices up depending on those results.

If you can find one for sale, It'll probably be £150-175 ish, even though I seem to remember them going on ebay and on here for under £100 earlier this year

Social source share

Guest Neil Taylor

I was offered a couple about jan/feb time for around the 150-175 mark.

Johnny mc i think was one of the sellers.....probably well gone by now.

Social source share

this is a 35 pounds record ! prices are crazy on it for some reason but iva had a few in the oast at 35 quid each , its very rare but not expensive atall ..... jm had one at 300 i think :ohmy:

sorry but the above doesnt make sense :g: there is no sutch thing as a set price records go up in value and they come down, bit boring all this 'oh its only a £35 record' lots of very big records started out pretty cheap in fact most did ,people have been buying records for years thinking this could be masive one day !! , ive noticed lots of people on this site saying oh this record and that record is only a £ record ect' usually by folks that have sold it before there was any demand for it :wink: ive seen same peoples sales list's with prices on that i wouldnt pay

i realy dont understand this attitude of being suprised when records go up or down .its all been part n parcel of buying and selling rare records for 30 years and more .long before popsike and the pc .

Edited by steptoe
Social source share

Guest garysoul82

sorry but the above doesnt make sense :g: there is no sutch thing as a set price records go up in value and they come down, bit boring all this 'oh its only a £35 record' lots of very big records started out pretty cheap in fact most did ,people have been buying records for years thinking this could be masive one day !! , ive noticed lots of people on this site saying oh this record and that record is only a £ record ect' usually by folks that have sold it before there was any demand for it :wink: ive seen same peoples sales list's with prices on that i wouldnt pay

i realy dont understand this attitude of being suprised when records go up or down .its all been part n parcel of buying and selling rare records for 30 years and more .long before popsike and the pc .

Itottally agree.Some records are as rare as hens teeth but a lot of records have gone out of circulation due to demand,people hanging

on to them,people fogetting they,ve even got them etc.Some records will always fetch loads of money,no matter how many copies

are around because they love the sound and will pay the dosh to get a copy.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert