Detroit Rhythm Section

Hi all

Not a great lover of instrumentals, but Backstreet - Detroit Rhythm Section is one of my all time faves. I believe it was a one off acetate, it was played by Guy in the mid/late 8ts.

It has been discussed very briefly on SS previously, within other threads, but I wondered if anyone had any other information on this, is it a 'one off' acetate or was it cut from tapes, who is it really, where did it come from, who owns it now ?.

Any information much appreciated & thanks to Pete Smith for a little information already.

Best Russ

Edited by Russ Vickers
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guy still has it...a 10" original acetate, which actually features a couple of versions of the backing track...and what a backing track it is!

Mind you, I also like the issued instrumental on the flip of the Edwin Ric-Tic 45.

In fact, I like most Detroit instrumentals!

:thumbup:

• Helpful 3
Social source share

• 5 years later...
3 hours ago, Gilly said:

Yes Guy C King and myself got not only that but others also, I later got several inst my self inc  My Dear Heart, Baby Love, Saving My Love For You a diff take of The Airplane Song and others

Did you also get inst of 'You Hit Me (Like TNT)' Gilly... with female backing/chorus ??

The inst of 'My Dear Heart', I think at least, is just as awesome.. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Just remembered "What should I do" of course, Holding hands ( crap inst ) its the vocals that make that  song and to me the reverse is the case with the "Savin my love " I think she screams way to much when singing, the inst is laid back but still exciting to a point

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!