Bin The Talc For Once And For All

Guest Marky Tee

l used to use brut 33...........dab that on and see the girls shuffle like crazy to escape

Ahhh Brut 33................the great smell of Henry Cooper
Social source share

Guest lambrettanik

Bang on the nose Ged, someone else at last giving the facts rather than a punters view. You would think Lambrettanik the health and safety rep would know all the above instead of saying a disclaimer is sufficient, it isn't. You have to be seen to be doing something about it or like you said you are liable to any damages awarded in the case of a claim.

What is plainly obvious is that most on here have not had dealings with venue owners and in particular venues owned by the council.

well talcy er i mean chalky yeh lambrettanik the h&s rep does know all that and i also know that as a rep that there are far greater issues to a persons heath and safety at venues which are ignored and if you care to read my posts properly you will notice i point out that to cover all possibilties of you as a promoter(correct me if iam wrong as i get the impression you are as you seem paranoid about losing money and not punters) you would need to risk ascess every aspect of a venue and some you blatantly ignore-decibel levels for example,or people blocking fire exits by moving tables and chairs in front of them,or getting punters to put bags and coats in a cloakroom as they pose trip hazard in a poorly lit room-what would you post on here? if some was to fall over a bag and smash their face on a table A.because you failed to provide adequet storage for said luggage.B because you didnt insure there was enough ambient light for customers to see by,just because you thaught it made for a better atmosphere-BAN THE BAG???? would it read or" bring torches and high visibility vets"(hey its sounding like a rave)yeh iam a h&s rep but one with a realistic view ,yes i agree some people go over the top with the talc,and they should be told to be liberal with its use but to ban it completely will have an adverse affect on the scene as would turning down the volume and turning up the lights wouldnt it ?.so please dont try and makeout iam an ASS(as someone earlier had a cheap dig at me,ooh should i sue for defamation of character as he was implying iam thick and your imlpying i dont know what iam talking about aswell??)-as you may end up looking at empty venues with your narrow paranoid opinion and how empty would your wallet be then?(if you a promoter)so stop being a dictator and work something out thats suits all partys before you find real fame as the person who destroyed a musical culture
Social source share

Guest lambrettanik

before you point it out to me chalky i know you didnt start this post it was irishspinner.my last reply is aimed at those who want to ban talc completely (which in reality will be virtually impossible as you cant frisk people unless you have a police officer present)but you kinda took sides and had a dig.and what the promoters should be doing is risk ascessing not only how they can cover there ASS but how to preserve the scene without making it sterile and let common sense prevail

Social source share

I haven't taken any side Nik other than point out the facts which you failed to do. If you knew the facts then you wouldn't have given misleading information regarding a disclaimer.

Loud music, furniture, drink etc are what you would expect in a night club/venue, risk assessments are done and steps taken to avoid any risk, accidents, I'd be surprised to go in a club and find neither of these :rolleyes: but unfortunately accidents do happen and as a promoter and venue owner you have to show you have taken steps to avoid these. With talc the only step you can take to be safe legally is forbid it, plain and simple.

You are simply deflecting from the argument by going off track with ridiculous arguments about furniture and loud music, none of what you are going on about are as big a risk to health as talc unless misused. Talc where ever it is applied is a hazard. And whether we like it or not more and more places will stop the use of it as time goes by.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

before you point it out to me chalky i know you didnt start this post it was irishspinner.my last reply is aimed at those who want to ban talc completely (which in reality will be virtually impossible as you cant frisk people unless you have a police officer present)but you kinda took sides and had a dig.and what the promoters should be doing is risk ascessing not only how they can cover there ASS but how to preserve the scene without making it sterile and let common sense prevail

But you can ban talc.You just announce its a no talc venue.Anyone using talc on the floor - on yer bike.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

But you can ban talc.You just announce its a no talc venue.Anyone using talc on the floor - on yer bike.

You can announce no talc, you can search bags or refuse entry and you don't need a police officer for that. You also have security who if they see it being used get it cleaned up and if the perpetrator won't comply, on yer bike like you said Kev. Do all the above and you are then seen to be doing something about the risk.

• Up vote 1
Social source share