Anyone Know This - Obscure German Lp - Feat. Unissued Cuts

Benji

About two years ago there was an discussion about a very obscure/rare german 7" on the "RS Schallplatten" label featuring two equally obscure cuts by Gene Middleton b/w The Wilderness.

To my surprise I found a V/A compilation simply called "R&B Rhythm'n'Blues" on the very same label a few days ago. According to the sleeve notes all tracks were recorded in Florida in 1969. Tracklisting is:

The Lovelles - Here come the heartaches

Julius Wright - Things will change

Groove Kings - Coastin'

Gene Middleton & Wes Prim with Groove Kings - Drip drop

Wes Prim - Miss you, baby

The Lovelles - I wonder why

Gene Middelton - Stop where you are

The Wilderness - Good times, bad times

Georgia Soul Twisters - Voop

The LaShand - All my love

Gene Middleton - You need love

Does anybody know if they were released anywhere else? I know that Lovelles - Heartaches, Gene Middelton - Stop/You need love and Wilderness - Good times did get US 7" releases but what about the others? And were the 45 releases mono or stereo? On this album all cuts are stereo and sound fantastic!

Stand out track is Julius Wright - Things will change. A truly great piece of midtempo crossover.!!!

Google search didn't reveal any traces of it being released anywhere else. All I could find was a YouTube by Markus Gora from Hamburg. Therefore I assume it only ever came out on this LP.

Three other great tracks are both Lovelles uptempo Northern cuts and The LaShand, a lovely midtempo ballad. I know that Bob A once said he has the Lovelles I wonder why on german RS 7" so I guess it only ever came out in Germany. LaShand seems to be previously unissued.

Hear all tracks mentioned on my YouTube Channel

Edited by Benji
Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source