Nat T Jones - Moving Forward - Goliath

Pete S

Has anyone ever seen this record? I picked up a pressing of it today, it's the first one I've ever seen. I don't remember seeing it when it was pressed, probably because I don't think it had been played anywhere except the East Coast. I've certainly never seen an original. Was just wondering what price to put on the pressing? I don't subscribe to this "pressings are rare now" and I sell most for £5 each but I'll definitely have to ask more on this one.

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Has anyone ever seen this record? I picked up a pressing of it today, it's the first one I've ever seen. I don't remember seeing it when it was pressed, probably because I don't think it had been played anywhere except the East Coast. I've certainly never seen an original. Was just wondering what price to put on the pressing? I don't subscribe to this "pressings are rare now" and I sell most for £5 each but I'll definitely have to ask more on this one.

I have the pressing of this. There was a thread on raresoulforum about this.

Social source share

Original is very rare, mind you so is the pressing now....Dave Raistrick has one at auction making about £220, Manship auctioned one a while back, and I was offered one after I posted a want a few months back (he wanted too much). Hard one to price I think because it is very rare on original, but I don't think (I'm guessing) it's not very well known?

Social source share

Guest Seagrave

I have a pressing of this too. Great record. So how rare is the original then? No one's owned up to owning it yet?!?

Don't remember seeing it on Manship's auction. Must have been a long time ago? Any idea how much it went for?

Social source share

I have a pressing of this too. Great record. So how rare is the original then? No one's owned up to owning it yet?!?

Don't remember seeing it on Manship's auction. Must have been a long time ago? Any idea how much it went for?

Dunno if he has, not on his site, no scan in rarest of rare.

Have seen one before, never had one.

Social source share

Guest Seagrave

Just had a look myself Chalky, and it is up on Manship's rarest of the rare, scan + soundbite, page 22. Hope this helps.

Pete, not sure of value but maybe Manship will auction it for you!?!?! He's had a few pressings on there of rare stuff. John + Wierdest and Eddie Parker spring to mind!!

Social source share

This one just finished on ebay...

https://cgi.ebay.com/NAT-T-JONES-MOVING-FOR...1QQcmdZViewItem

Didn't bid cus thought Pete was onto it thus the reason for the original question, but he never bid!!!

Seller says original so went for a bargain at £24 then????

Regards

Mace

I thought originals were a darker red. Hard to tell but this looks the same as my pressing?

Social source share

Just had a look myself Chalky, and it is up on Manship's rarest of the rare, scan + soundbite, page 22. Hope this helps.

Pete, not sure of value but maybe Manship will auction it for you!?!?! He's had a few pressings on there of rare stuff. John + Wierdest and Eddie Parker spring to mind!!

Can't see for looking :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Seagrave

The one on e-bay is definitely a boot. Originals are white, and vinyl with moulded label. Boot has delta number 103265 in the run out. The seller either didn't know or was trying to pull a fast one. The final price for this particular bootleg was probably somewhere about right though.

Still no-one with an original??

Social source share

This one just finished on ebay...

https://cgi.ebay.com/NAT-T-JONES-MOVING-FOR...1QQcmdZViewItem

Didn't bid cus thought Pete was onto it thus the reason for the original question, but he never bid!!!

Seller says original so went for a bargain at £24 then????

Regards

Mace

No mate if you read the first post it says I picked one up yesterday. Not my sort of record really :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert