Jimmy Mack On Hamster

boba

I'm sure it does Chalky, I notice it has become popular again over the last couple of years. Have played it a few times meself, although last time i played it someone came over and said, who the f**k's this, Jimi Hendrix LOL

Was just making an observation on that genre of early 70's tunes from back in the day sounding sooooo good nowadays

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

I'm sure it does Chalky, I notice it has become popular again over the last couple of years. Have played it a few times meself, although last time i played it someone came over and said, who the f**k's this, Jimi Hendrix LOL

Was just making an observation on that genre of early 70's tunes from back in the day sounding sooooo good nowadays

Cheers

Steve

agree with you Steve. I too have been trying to find those origs. 'Strange book' & 'wrong crowd' are the tough ones for me to find.

noticed that Willie Brown 'get out & get it' and Nate Evans 'this time with feeling' are geting plays again.Horray!

Social source share

I'm sorted on this record, thanks everyone. I don't know about any increased popularity, but I hadn't heard it before and then decided I really wanted it because it was the Rent is Too Damn High party guy.

re: information being lost and not documented (e.g. Kev's story), I totally agree that this will happen as time goes on. It's already sort of happened with this one sweet / funk record by a group called the Rappers. The label owner repressed it in the early 90s with the original labels, but the vinyl is obviously 80s style vinyl. The repress always went for $10-$20 and the original was much much rarer and went for a lot more. Now people don't even note original vs. repress in their sales and sell it for the same price. It's vaguely annoying since I got true original recently...

Social source share

I'm sorted on this record, thanks everyone. I don't know about any increased popularity, but I hadn't heard it before and then decided I really wanted it because it was the Rent is Too Damn High party guy.

re: information being lost and not documented (e.g. Kev's story), I totally agree that this will happen as time goes on. It's already sort of happened with this one sweet / funk record by a group called the Rappers. The label owner repressed it in the early 90s with the original labels, but the vinyl is obviously 80s style vinyl. The repress always went for $10-$20 and the original was much much rarer and went for a lot more. Now people don't even note original vs. repress in their sales and sell it for the same price. It's vaguely annoying since I got true original recently...

the infamous Rich Rozen from Vegas got me a copy of the rappers about 8 years ago and is one of my favourite records of all time

seen the prices it now fetches.............. at the time it was only $20 another one that will go this way is the new release of Lee Fields your the kind of girl on a nice ltd edition 7 truth & soul essential from the album faithful man out this week

Edited by Flanny
Social source share