Paul Kendrick - Love Has No Pride

Guest vinceoneill

Guest vinceoneill

Hi,

Any body no about a track by Paul Kendrick - "Love has no pride" from 1976. Picked up at a car boot & it's not a bad crossover type tune

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi,

Any body no about a track by Paul Kendrick - "Love has no pride" from 1976. Picked up at a car boot & it's not a bad crossover type tune

Fantastic tune! I've had around 3 copies over the last 35 years and they've always been prised out of the shelves by people who bent my arm, much like that Bo Cooper record "Don't Call It Love" on UK Bell (which recently turned up on a Levine podcast), Marva Hick's "Looking Over My Shoulder" on UK Infinity and Darlene Love's "Lord If You're A Woman" on UK Phil Spector. Just great records period.

It's actually pretty rare. I presume most copies are secure in people's collections......?

Alas, I can't seem to locate a copy right now........ :lol:

Ian D :D

Social source share

Guest vinceoneill

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your input . It's mint 0n a promotional copy & would it be worth giving a spin on todays soul scene

Social source share

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your input . It's mint 0n a promotional copy & would it be worth giving a spin on todays soul scene

Yep. It's always been a beauty. Would fit in right next to the Anderson Brothers or something of a similar ilk. I'd love to hear this out over a great system........

Social source share

Guest vinceoneill

Will do,

g

Got a northern / motown night in Alcester in June. I guess the Anderson Bros track you mean is "I can See him Making Love To You"

Social source share

Will do,

g

Got a northern / motown night in Alcester in June. I guess the Anderson Bros track you mean is "I can See him Making Love To You"

"I Can See Him Loving You" to be precise (and slightly pedantic LOL).

The production values of the Paul Kendrick record and the Anderson Brothers aren't a million miles apart in my opinion. I actually had a Private Stock acetate of it at one time but that ended up in a collection. It's a bit of a bummer 'cos it's not even on You Tube so I can't immediately reference it, but I recall it as being a great record with a brilliant 70's production...........

Social source share

Guest vinceoneill

Thanks Ian ,

Once again & dont worry Pedantic ive been told is my middle name,

Best rRegards,

Vince (Pedantic) O'Neill

Social source share

I've got this 45 also, had it for many years, most likely since the late 70's, in fact I've a sneaking feeling I have both issue and demo copies of it.

One of those blind buys off a market stall somewhere but it hit me with one of those feelings of 'it's not all that bad really'

Not played it in many years though so I'll have to have a look for it and see if it still sounds ok (or maybe better)

I seem to recall wondering if he was / is related to Linda Kendrick who had the UK Polydor 45 cover of Patti & The Emblems "It's the little things" back in the 60's

Anyone know?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert