Cindy And The Playmates

Can someone please put me out of my misery here (or make it worse depending on the outcome)......

Been after this for a couple of years. Proving difficult to source and the last time it came up at an affordable price for me I didnt have the reddies :-(

CINDY & THE PLAYMATES - DON'T STOP THIS TRAIN.

Low and behold two pop up in eBay at the same time, selling in the last few days. Both in VG, with sound clips and from reputable eBay sellers. One playing better than the other.

I always thought that this only came out on Kemp, yet the ebay listings were on different labels. one was on Kemp the other on Jay Pee.

I was aware of their common release on jay pee (now school is through, or whatever) but didn't know about DSTT.

Not knowing the release I put a tentative bid of £100 ish in on the Jay Pee version knowing that if I didn't win I could go for the Kemp one which finished two days later. I got outbid by $2 on jay pee copy! Ended up not bidding on the kemp one as after playing it a few times it was just too noisy. That went for £147!

SO.......

Question is, did I dodge a bullet and not end up with an expensive second issue by being outbid on the Jay Pee issue?

OR

Did I miss out on a very rare item for peanuts because the jay pee copy is first release and never turns up??

Azza

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Bonus!!!

Happy to swerve the Jay Pee issue then. Although to be honest had I won it at £100 and then found the above information out, I wouldn't have been too disappointed as i would have made do whilst a kemp issue came along, and probably made my money back on jay pee copy.

Much obliged gents

Azza

Social source share

• 1 year later...

But it seems to me that the "don´t stop.." side came on Jay Pee before Kemp, as the Kemp 45 is using the JP matrix and to be honest, the instrumental version on the Jay Pee 45 is by far more my cup of tea than the "portrait.." tune by the ladies on Kemp

Social source share

there is current demand / value to the jay pee version. but the kemp press is much rarer and has a good crossover side.

with all respect Bob, but I can´t agree with you. You may found several copies somewhere in Chicago of the Jay Pee press, while I used only the possibilities the interenet has to offer to see if the jay pee press is really easier to find than the 2nd release on Kemp. I couldn´t find any of the jay pee release offered for sale here on soul source while the kemp 45 was several times. there was only one copy sold in auction on ebay over the last five years, while the kemp 45 were sold twice and I don´t think it sold all other times under $20 and is for that reason not listed on popsike. both records didn´t find the way to discogs yet, which also does not speak for a common record that sells on ebay under $20. the jay pee press can not be found on youtube, while the kemp press is there twice... all these facts speaking against your opinion. But is it possible that you mixed up this record with their other release on jay pee, which is indeed a not too hard to find record?

Social source share

with all respect Bob, but I can´t agree with you. You may found several copies somewhere in Chicago of the Jay Pee press, while I used only the possibilities the interenet has to offer to see if the jay pee press is really easier to find than the 2nd release on Kemp. I couldn´t find any of the jay pee release offered for sale here on soul source while the kemp 45 was several times. there was only one copy sold in auction on ebay over the last five years, while the kemp 45 were sold twice and I don´t think it sold all other times under $20 and is for that reason not listed on popsike. both records didn´t find the way to discogs yet, which also does not speak for a common record that sells on ebay under $20. the jay pee press can not be found on youtube, while the kemp press is there twice... all these facts speaking against your opinion. But is it possible that you mixed up this record with their other release on jay pee, which is indeed a not too hard to find record?

I disagree, your logic is missing something. When a record is rare and not in demand, but becomes in demand, googling it afterwards will not reveal any sort of trail. Craig Moerer used to have many copies of the jay pee press for $20 and people wouldn't sell it on ebay because nobody wanted it.

I have not mixed up this record, I'm in chicago and am pretty aware of Chicago records. I think maybe your perspective is coming from only looking for the record after it becomes in demand. Again, used to be tons of copies at craig moerer and gemm, etc. Also, I used to find it in real life more too.

Social source share

I disagree, your logic is missing something. When a record is rare and not in demand, but becomes in demand, googling it afterwards will not reveal any sort of trail. Craig Moerer used to have many copies of the jay pee press for $20 and people wouldn't sell it on ebay because nobody wanted it.

I have not mixed up this record, I'm in chicago and am pretty aware of Chicago records. I think maybe your perspective is coming from only looking for the record after it becomes in demand. Again, used to be tons of copies at craig moerer and gemm, etc. Also, I used to find it in real life more too.

I still disagree... not a single copy on gemm nor on graig moerers site. Don´t you think somebody would have sold it on ebay after it made nearly 170 bucks in summer 2012? If you think it is currently in demand and a common record, don´t you think sombody, like graig moerer, would go and sell it on ebay right now?

Social source share

I still disagree... not a single copy on gemm nor on graig moerers site. Don´t you think somebody would have sold it on ebay after it made nearly 170 bucks in summer 2012? If you think it is currently in demand and a common record, don´t you think sombody, like graig moerer, would go and sell it on ebay right now?

not if moerer sold all his copies, or is out of touch selling soul (which is generally true). either way, when I said it was "common" I meant there was stock around (which there was). There's not lots of beat up copies out in the field for people to find. People have been posting it or asking for it as wants, making it easy to sell stock privately.

either way, we're not going to convince each other at this point so it's a moot point.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert