Old (M) Pressions - Right On - Brooks Bros

hi there,

wondering if there exists a reissue? my copy has the title, lablenumber and a "re" scratched in the deadwax.

anybody else who has it and might have a look?

thx

henning

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Henning

This is the Brooks Brothers of 'Looking for a woman' and founding members of the Impressions

Hi Dave. I knew it was the thomas guys but are you sure it's the Tay group? The Tay record is detroit, has an H. Brooks writing credit (not richard or arthur), and doesn't appear to be connected to the other records except by name. You have been to cities in the US where the music came from way more than I have. Do you have some inside info indicating it is the Tay group? Who was H Brooks? Thanks.

Social source share

Hi Dave. I knew it was the thomas guys but are you sure it's the Tay group? The Tay record is detroit, has an H. Brooks writing credit (not richard or arthur), and doesn't appear to be connected to the other records except by name. You have been to cities in the US where the music came from way more than I have. Do you have some inside info indicating it is the Tay group? Who was H Brooks? Thanks.

Oh yes, Malayka (my wife) met one of them in the last month. More to follow soon

Social source share

when i met Curtis (he said) he seemed a bit miffed about the Swirl 45 which the Brooks Bros put out as the Impressions....i heard theres a bit of tension with Sam and Fred to this day......at least i believe there was at the RocknRoll inauguration (what ever it was) a few years back...

Social source share

when i met Curtis (he said) he seemed a bit miffed about the Swirl 45 which the Brooks Bros put out as the Impressions....i heard theres a bit of tension with Sam and Fred to this day......at least i believe there was at the RocknRoll inauguration (what ever it was) a few years back...

the tension related to the rock and roll hall of fame was that they didn't want the brooks bros inducted but they were. i assume that's what you were saying though (I wasn't sure if you were saying the tension was between sam and fred).

Social source share

the tension related to the rock and roll hall of fame was that they didn't want the brooks bros inducted but they were. i assume that's what you were saying though (I wasn't sure if you were saying the tension was between sam and fred).

From what I understand the Brooks Brothers fell out with Fred and Curtis and never made it up. Sam and the brothers get on like a house on fire, Sam was with Richard the night Malayka meet them.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert