‘It Shouldn’T Happen To A D.j’

Len

Morecambe pier, 17 yrs old and nutted, asked dj to play record, that was accepted, I then asked him to dedicate it to all the people on Scottish bus,I proceeded to rattle of a geographical account of every area everyone came from, cue one very bemused dj 

Social source share

Djing at the Skeggy scooter rally a couple of years ago and a guy asks for Soft Cell Tainted Love,I said I've got the  Gloria Jones version and he replies "nah mate that's shit, I only like originals",I couldn't stop laughing.

Scooter rallies, always entertaining  :) ( see my previous post from 2012).

Edited by Byrney
Social source share

A few years a ago I was DJing at an event where I was to play 2 sets , one early evening and one later on .

As I'm always running to the toilet if I'm drinking pints of beer so I had the bright idea of drinking red wine instead ...... not a great idea .

I took the stage to do my second set completely 3 sheets to the wind , even though I remember little of it apparently I got through it OK with no mess ups until the end when I tripped over someones box of records and did some sort of forward flip / forward roll from the stage to the dance floor and somehow landed on my feet again .

People actually thought it was some kind of dance move :wicked: 

Social source share

at keele one night been to the toilet and was chatting to somebody cant remember who, walk into main room tim ashibendi was djing and i said tim "can you play Lorraine chandler i cant change " he turned laughed" peter can i have some of what you have had" as he was putting it back into its sleeve as it had only just played it .what a melon i felt  

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!