Stung Again With Usa Postage, $30 My Arse

Dean

I know I've posted about this kind of thing before, and it's part my fault for not checking more thoroughly. I've not had time for as much ebay and so have been limited to leaving it late and checking what's closing soon.

Thought I'd done ok with a Lou Roberts - Everything You Always wanted to Know, $49 (£30), seller posts international but no postage price given, no time to email. Request postage amount to UK after auction win . . . . . $29!!!

Now I'm aware there are different postal services but also won tonight Jr. Walker & the All Stars EP Little Lp soul 45 Shotgun (for label collection) , postage $7.

WTF?!

Last time this happened I made a fuss and received a record after paypal/ebay complaint timescale with heavy duty tape straight over label fixing it to packaging (not same seller by the way), making a damned mess of a Landa label.

Paid up for Lou Roberts, and as much as sellers may disagree definitely intend to leave negative feedback after record received, unless postage on package reads $25+. Emailed to ask for justification.

Seller with $29.90 postage musicman59 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LOU-ROBERTS-EVERYTHING-YOU-ALWAYS-WANTED-TO-KNOW-ABOUT-LOVE-NORTHERN-SOUL-WLP-/261118586523?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&nma=true&si=1xZKIRnX6%2ByWMsgWkL8AAbpDp9M%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Seller with $7 postage burl*one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150932056527?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

Social source share

Guest turntableterra

many of us often make that mistake and not read the postage. but a friend told me that if you pay for the item immediatly you only pay 4 dollars. if you wait for the invoice thats when you get charged more. cant recall if this is the case coz im in bed at 2 in the morning., has anyone any constructive help here. it has worked a couple of times

Social source share

previous threads about musicman59 (not all negative -- one person claiming that it was packed well and costs exactly what was charged):

first class international for a 6oz package is $6.90 which is what the $7 comes from. Adding registration costs $11.75. Other services (which are actually recommended by ebay) such as Priority International and Express International cost more.

Social source share

What an idiot I am! Thanks for the link boba. They were my threads! :sleep3: This is the same seller who previously charged me $30+ for postage for Harold Melvin - Get Out on Landa, only for it to arrive weeks late with heavy duty packaging tape stuck all over the label.

untitled.bmp

Don't know who's the bigger twat, me I guess for buying from the guy again. Can't wait to to see what this arrives looking like.

Remember: musicman59, musicman59, musicman59, musicman59, musicman59, musicman59, musicman59, musicman59, musicman59

Social source share

i had someone try to get me to part with $80 from the US as they said it was the only way they could get it signed for

that cant be right

Max I have paid is $39 for USPS Priority and it arrived 4 days door to door. I know is was expensive but hey so was the 45 and no customs charge as it was marked down as $10.

Edited by spook
Social source share

What an idiot I am! Thanks for the link boba. They were my threads! :sleep3: This is the same seller who previously charged me $30+ for postage for Harold Melvin - Get Out on Landa, only for it to arrive weeks late with heavy duty packaging tape stuck all over the label.

untitled.bmp

Don't know who's the bigger twat, me I guess for buying from the guy again. Can't wait to to see what this arrives looking like.

Remember: musicman59, musicman59, musicman59, musicman59, musicman59, musicman59, musicman59, musicman59, musicman59

Doh, :facepalm: dont worry mate we wont take the piss :wicked:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!