The Best Part Of A Night Out

steve z

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

recalling all the naughty,silly, daft things we have done during the night on the way home whistling.gif getting home and telling the family about the goings on only to be met with blank faces and glazed over stares beer.gif

Social source share

Gotta be buying a 45.

However, I don't get out much and when I do it's a load of overpriced tripe that nobody is in interested in and I guess an excuse for the seller to engage you in inane chit-chat. I don't care if Biffo is playing this track in darkest Bedfordshire, it's still Rosemary Clooney on Columbia for £25 and it's from the mid-50's and it cannot in any way be described as R&B. And that goes for your Surfaris "Wipe Out" which is definitely NOT a Northern instrumental.

The above is based on an actual experience.

ROD

Social source share

Gotta be buying a 45.

However, I don't get out much and when I do it's a load of overpriced tripe that nobody is in interested in and I guess an excuse for the seller to engage you in inane chit-chat. I don't care if Biffo is playing this track in darkest Bedfordshire, it's still Rosemary Clooney on Columbia for £25 and it's from the mid-50's and it cannot in any way be described as R&B. And that goes for your Surfaris "Wipe Out" which is definitely NOT a Northern instrumental.

The above is based on an actual experience.

ROD

Hi Rod,do you trawl through sales boxes?Gotta agree lots of sellers .............SO whats the reason /best part of your night out?Please try not to re-use MR.Bicknells whistling.gifbeer.gif
Social source share

recalling all the naughty,silly, daft things we have done during the night on the way home :lol: getting home and telling the family about the goings on only to be met with blank faces and glazed over stares :lol:

All the jokes you don,t get beer.gif:lol: All the slaps i,m gonna get :lol:

HB whistling.gif

Social source share

Pleasure at listening to an awesome piece of quality soul I do not know.........then the discussion about it :lol::lol: ATB Stevie Z

Goin to Stafford Services for a Costa Coffee started off with 3 of us get about 20 there now great end to a niter whistling.gif

HB beer.gif

Social source share

Hearing the opening of a record that make's you just have to rush to the dance floor. Nothing else matter's while getting lost in that moment. Sheer heaven! :thumbsup:

Sorry to those I have left in mid conversation on many occasion! :yes:

Karen

Yep. :(
Social source share

Hi Rod,do you trawl through sales boxes?Gotta agree lots of sellers .............SO whats the reason /best part of your night out?Please try not to re-use MR.Bicknells :thumbsup::D

Of course I do. Why wouldn't I?

I guess it's the need to own rather than just hear and each 45 is part of a jigsaw that I will never complete but the pleasure is in getting the individual pieces so at least I can kid myself that Im slowly getting there.

Don't start me on sellers. "It's not for sale,mate" Then why the F... have you brought it out. Actually I had to do this last time at the Friendship in Barnsley. A guy wanted a 45 but I'd got this anxious signal from his girlfriend that she'd already got it for him as a Birthday gift, so I had to mumble that it wasn't for sale. He was pissed at me so if he's on this site by any chance Im sorry and Im not a dickhead. Shame really cos I wanted rid of it for £8 and she'd spent £15 on it!!

ROD

Social source share

The music, the people, the atmosphere. Getting your groove on to a a haunting melody and heartbreaking lyric, nothing else like it in the world, being part of the best scene ever and meeting old friends, making new ones for life. The smell of baby powder, old vinyl, mixed up with a dash of cigarette smoke and alcohol.... Awesome.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert