Forgotten Clubs

Whilst thinking about forgotten clubs.... what about the KayGeeBee (KGB) here in Sheffield.... who can remember them....????

Being about 17/18 at the time I remember my mum and dad thinking I'd joined some "Russian Communist" organisation when they saw the membership card with the "hammer and sickle" logo on.... :o  :o  :o  :o

These were great nites with the dear departed Nev Wherry as resident.... weekly nites with the occasional niter following on (if memory not failing me)....

And how many people tried "hiding" in various places whilst they emptied it before letting folks back in for the niter :) .... memories.... :o

The KGB was often a meeting place for local folks before shooting over to Wigan.... first met Steve Croft and Adrian there, later of Clifton Hall (Rotherham) and Queens Hall (Bradford) promotions (two more great niters of their day).... sat at Adrian's "record bar" as it "changed over" from nite to niter meant no more queuing up :)   wink.gif

link

Anyone remember the location of the Mojo club in Sheffield?

Social source share

• Replies 103
  • Views 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

On purpose mate.... on purpose.... :)   smile.gif   :)   wink.gif

Unless of course your talking about Brian Rae.... :)

link

Nah, Pat Brady.

(And if you were party to the conversation I had with a local promoter at Samanthas the other week, you'll understand the joke :D )

Social source share

We'll have to have a "quiet" chat on Friday then Steve :) .... if your at Ponds forge that is :) ....

link

Deffo there, but if we have to be quiet, catch me before I have a drink.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert