Rare Voices Only For Connoisseurs & Collectors

Zanetti

Billy Hambric was a New York artist who was recorded by Bobby Robinson's Fury Records, in addition to Don Juan Mancha on Drum records, when the latter was working in New York, looking for a record deal.

Ronnie Forte was a stage name for Ronnie McCain, who recorded for Ben Smith's Triode Records.  McCain (Forte) was one of Smith's main artists, and a partner of his in Benron Music.  They worked out of New York in the mid 1960s.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Billy Hambric was a New York artist who was recorded by Bobby Robinson's Fury Records, in addition to Don Juan Mancha on Drum records, when the latter was working in New York, looking for a record deal.

Ronnie Forte was a stage name for Ronnie McCain, who recorded for Ben Smith's Triode Records.  McCain (Forte) was one of Smith's main artists, and a partner of his in Benron Music.  They worked out of New York in the mid 1960s.

Guess this is the same Ronnie McCain.

In 1970, along with Sharon Redd (Gene Redd's daughter), he was down in Australia performing in 'Hair'.

post-22122-0-22467900-1368522722_thumb.p

Social source share

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

thx guys.

anything about TROY DODDS  :thumbsup:

pics? biographical?

Wonder if anyone ever asks him if he's got any spare copies of 'Try My Love'?

https://twitter.com/troydodds

On a more serious note, THE Troy Dodds recorded made quite a few records for different labels, so he can't be that obscure, and 'Down in Tennessee' was even picked up by Warner Bros for release.

Edited by ElGeePee
Social source share

On a more serious note, THE Troy Dodds recorded made quite a few records for different labels, so he can't be that obscure, and 'Down in Tennessee' was even picked up by Warner Bros for release.

no pics or other bio stuff - if nothing exits : concerning this he´s for me "obscure"  :thumbsup:

Social source share

Dickie Wonder SOUND OF SOUL

A few years back I found a local news artical talking about Dicky Wonder being August Moon and there was a picture of him.  I created a pdf and uploaded to this site, but I cant find the post any more.

Edited by John Reed
Social source share

A few years back I found a local news artical talking about Dicky Wonder being August Moon and there was a picture of him.  I created a pdf and uploaded to this site, but I cant find the post any more.

Nice ... Would Be Great If You Can Locate It  :hatsoff2:

Social source share

• 4 months later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!