Declining Interest In Northern Soul?

Guest James Trouble

Been shipping more records to Sweden in the past year, that's for sure. Germany and the Netherlands are stepping up their game, too.

KTF

Jas

Think collecting and the scene are two different entities. People will always collect and there are probably more who collect that don't attend than do attend venues. Even when this scene is all but gone the collectors will still be there.

Has it ever mattered ?. People who listen and collect this genre of music will always be about, i could care less over some statistical conclusion, conducted via the internet. Bottom line for me is that certain folks want to collect rare American vinyl records and also attend certain venues where you have the chance to hear similar sounds. Yeah there are those who only listen via mp3 etc, and never venture beyond the armchair, once again (yawn) i could really care less. Thank god for those who still champion this sound and long may it last, it will in my closed world.

Just said more or less the same Brett, hadn't got as far as your post :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 55
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Has it ever mattered ?. People who listen and collect this genre of music will always be about, i could care less over some statistical conclusion, conducted via the internet. Bottom line for me is that certain folks want to collect rare American vinyl records and also attend certain venues where you have the chance to hear similar sounds. Yeah there are those who only listen via mp3 etc, and never venture beyond the armchair, once again (yawn) i could really care less. Thank god for those who still champion this sound and long may it last, it will in my closed world.

One of the best things that ever happened in my life.

I would love to discover it for the first time, all over again.

Maybe someone else will, and I envy them that task - I wish it was me..

Keep the faith, good music never dies.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Guest 50box

Cheers for reply, I'm seeing a wider picture now. As I haven't experienced one of the dos that you mention :thumbsup: , I can't comment further.

Venues down here are very few & far between & do have to be supported. The previous week-end there was nothing local. Last Friday, there were 7 of us having a beer in a pub in Aldershot discussing our proposed saturday night dos - 2 went to Oxford, 2 went to Banbury, 2 went to Weston SM & 1 went to Brighton!

We have to travel feckin miles a lot of the time so generally pick venues carefully & don't come across the dos you mention.

Col

So less of makes us fussy?

True, but some still go where they don`t like the music policy so they can moan.

Why do they do that???

Social source share

Guest 50box

I could be a rich man if I sold up now, But I realised how rich I am, just in time.

Soul is something you enjoy, you miss it when it`s not there.

According to the Audi advert :lol:

How come `they` managed to define it, when none of us could.

Let them think what they like :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

I certainly wouldn't go looking for it so much, to me i use this sites message board for info you all give. ebay and Gemm for buying some stuff. But i would search if looking for some particular on a song cause i don't want to start posting hundreds of new posts daily about a song lol. You will all prob say that's what we here for.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert