Has Standard Uk Postage Been Increased ?

• Replies 23
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I'd cancel your bid and tell him to f**k off - standard delivery for a 7" record (1st class unregistered) is £1.20 - even recorded delivery should only be £2.20 or thereabouts.  That is a blatant postal rip-off, unless his idea of standard postage is delivering it by hand in an armoured car.

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

I'd cancel your bid and tell him to f**k off - standard delivery for a 7" record (1st class unregistered) is £1.20 - even recorded delivery should only be £2.20 or thereabouts.  That is a blatant postal rip-off.

totally agree with you on this one they charge this amount to get more money i have canceled two bids on records a couple of days ago and reported them to eBay i have had no response from them i posted a record the other day it cost me 1 .20 to  post and today i posted 2 in the same package and it cost me 1.90 first class so he is taking the piss cancel your bid mate but do it before the 12 hour mark or you will have to pay 

Social source share

I agree that it's blatant but he's made it obvious and he's getting plenty of bids so obviously the postage charges aren't deterring bidders. Surely if you don't agree with the seller's postage prices then don't bid? Some sellers build a higher postage mark-up to cover their overheads.

It's really up the bidder to decide whether or not to proceed under those circumstances surely?

Ian D :D

Social source share

I agree with everyone above except Ian, it's a shocking rip off and he should at least justify it.  The seller is Dave Kirk I think.  Used to knock around with the Wolverhampton crowd in the later years.  Ask him why it's so high, and don't buy off him.  Or buy it then leave him 1 star.

Social source share

The seller is Dave Kirk I think.  

Pete,

Did he used to or still work at GEC Stafford and his girlfirend around the time was Jayne ( hairdresser with lots of hair!)?

If it is him i can remember him buying Doug Banks off Duncan Pollet for £100 at the Central mid to late 80's. 

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

All postage costs for parcels are going up next week and by a fair bit too so the lovely lady at my local PO told me yesterday.

Social source share

Pete,

Did he used to or still work at GEC Stafford and his girlfirend around the time was Jayne ( hairdresser with lots of hair!)?

If it is him i can remember him buying Doug Banks off Duncan Pollet for £100 at the Central mid to late 80's. 

Probably the same chap.

Social source share

I agree with everyone above except Ian, it's a shocking rip off and he should at least justify it.  The seller is Dave Kirk I think.  Used to knock around with the Wolverhampton crowd in the later years.  Ask him why it's so high, and don't buy off him.  Or buy it then leave him 1 star.

I think you missed my point Pete. It's not a rip-off if the seller freely gives his P&P prices, as this guy has done. How is that ripping anyone off? It may be expensive but any bidder will simply add that to the cost of buying the record or not bother bidding. Easy.

There's a £3 price difference between sandwiches where I work. I don't call the people who sell the £5 sandwiches rip-off merchants, I simply don't bother shopping there. 

Plus, this seller has the diametric opposite business plan to your good self! :lol:

Ian D :D

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

So what will a single 45 cost to post First Class then?

I honestly don't know what changes will be but she told me that they are going up next week and they will only know themselves next week, stamps etc are staying the same they can't go up something to do with they have to stay same price for x amount of time but parcels defo going to be more expensive, abroad will be very expensive she said,

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

One thing she did say is that the size of small parcels will be smaller and more expensive and that a typical record parcel/mailer will not fit into the small parcel slot so expect a bigger charge for sending records, there was a new size thing they use in the PO and the mailer I used was too big to fit through, we will find out Monday or Tuesday I guess

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

She said they was given there 30 day notice on 1st March about the increases and that will probably mean the increases start next week, hope she is wrong

Social source share

I honestly don't know what changes will be but she told me that they are going up next week and they will only know themselves next week, stamps etc are staying the same they can't go up something to do with they have to stay same price for x amount of time but parcels defo going to be more expensive, abroad will be very expensive she said,

As I said, price of posting a single won't be going up.  Records already are large letters.  You'll be paying 5p extra for recorded delivery.  So your one single by 1st class recorded is now going to be £2.20

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

just looked at his other records he has for sale every one of them are 4.50 postage his name on there is dusty-choons

Yo Night Nurse, did'nt  say WHO it was in original posting, waiting to see what the general opinion was, I actually PM'd the guy asking HOW he justifide the P&P price, NO RESPONSE, so I thought sod you, anyway someone else with more money than sense has bid £1.20 for it, and you know, even if I really wanted the record I would'nt buy it on principle :) .

Yep, Dave Kirk is spot on, operates out of Pagan Place in Stafford.

Ian agree with your comment, I did not, when I first bid see his P&P, when I did my reaction was FY !!!!.

Edited by ZootSuit
Social source share

It's not a rip-off if the seller freely gives his P&P prices, as this guy has done. How is that ripping anyone off? I

Whether he's stated his prices or not, if I paid that extortionate price for P&P, and it arrived with a £1.20 postage stamp and even a professional mailer, I'd bloody feel ripped off.  He would also feel the wrath of my low DSR rating.

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert