Antiques Roadshow 31St March

Seano

• Replies 7
  • Views 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Turned out that the Hank Williams was 'Basic' at £20, Sex Pistols 'Better' at £200 and Jimi Hendrix LP 'Best' at £500 based on being a mono copy and with inserts all in good condition.

Chap says "one of the most valuable records ever made was 'God Save the Queen' by the Sex Pistols on A&M, adds "there have been instances of that record selling for over £12,000". I think we could all name one to top that.

Social source share

Guest john s

I got contacted at the shop by a researcher for this and asked if I could provide a copy of a £1000+ record for the piece - unfortunately the shoot was the next day, and wasn't feasible to get anything to them!

Also they wanted names recognisable to the average viewer, and possible to find in this country - so no US soul 45s. Also nothing by the Beatles or Stones, due to some copyright issue, apparently.

Social source share

Also they wanted names recognisable to the average viewer, and possible to find in this country - so no US soul 45s. Also nothing by the Beatles or Stones, due to some copyright issue, apparently.

It's probably because Record Collector magazine would have sent the heavies round, for nicking the content of their next twelve issues.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert